MERGED--> Transformers Movie + The Transformers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the Transformers today. I liked it a little more than expected. So many lame touches, typical Bay crap, but, overall, I enjoyed it. I loved Turtorro's performance, and, I think that like Jurassic Park with the dinosaurs, you tend to forget that the robots are not real robots, but are CGI. Very well done on that front.

Megan Fox. Good lord, where the hell did she come from??? :drool:

The Cloverfield trailer, me likee.

25517312_376x490.jpg

OH MY GOD

I'm going to call Megan Fox and ask her to come over and tell me where the hell she came from.

Clothing optional.

And the Best Reply Award goes to you, Alfalfa (I was going to say Spanky, but that would've been too blatantly obvious.) :up:

And the answer is yes, just make sure Unicron stays the fuck away.

mysterious_jen said:

she is a stunner, reminds me of lindsay lohan ... so shes doomed!!

transformers was fucking awesome. :drool:
loved it loved it loved it.

She does but she is WWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better looking that Lohan

mysterious_jen said:
she is a stunner, reminds me of lindsay lohan ... so shes doomed!!

The Lohan's got nothing on her, except a few stints in rehab and a constant blood alcohol level of 0.5.

HIGH-OH!

The preview for the monster movie w/ the unknown monster intrigued me. But then Megan Fox had my full attention.

Oh, and the Cloverfield / 1-18-08 trailer is up in HD on Apple.com

I hope the monster's muthafuckin' Cthulu.

Just saw the movie and I have to say that I enjoyed it. It was pretty much what I expected as far as plot goes, but whatever it was really good fun. I liked how Prime said the line "One shall stand. One shall fall." taken straight from the original movie, but I felt like it was too soon to use a line like that. There was no build up between him and Megatron to warrant using that awesome line so soon. Another small, nitpicky thing was the use of the name Devastator. If you're going to use the name, then actually make Devastator what he's supposed to be and not just a tank. Here's hoping that the sequals will have some more characters and character development.

i've seen the movie twice and i'd have to say i liked it more for the comedy aspect. looking forward to the sequel.

i hated it. mostly.

thanks for crapping all over my childhood Michael "i can't compose a shot i haven't already composed before back when i was directing commercials so every film i make looks like a trailer" Bay.

it wasn't that the plot was incoherent, or hard-to-follow, or conversely, too simple. it was that the whole thing was nonsensical. you never knew who was where and doing what and for what reason and why and the "action" was so ADHD, so no-shot-longer-than-3-seconds that you can't even tell where one thing is in relation to the next, so you can't even appreciate how cool the robots look or how awesome they're shooting each other, it's just noise, both auditory and visual.

am not pleased here.

Irvine511 said:
i hated it. mostly.

thanks for crapping all over my childhood Michael "i can't compose a shot i haven't already composed before back when i was directing commercials so every film i make looks like a trailer" Bay.

it wasn't that the plot was incoherent, or hard-to-follow, or conversely, too simple. it was that the whole thing was nonsensical. you never knew who was where and doing what and for what reason and why and the "action" was so ADHD, so no-shot-longer-than-3-seconds that you can't even tell where one thing is in relation to the next, so you can't even appreciate how cool the robots look or how awesome they're shooting each other, it's just noise, both auditory and visual.

am not pleased here.

Sorry to hear you hated it so much. I had such low expectations when I went in. . .maybe that's why I liked it so much more.

I saw it Friday night.

Bleh.

Had it's moments. Special Effects were awesome. Really made you believe these giant robots were right there in L.A.

The comedy bits were funny and cute, but when it came to the action, it was just so cut happy, very hard to follow.

And Bay is probably one of the lamest directors ever. Everything has to be a promo shot. The entire movie was one big preview.

*BEAL gets out of his chair. The camera swoops around him in a 360 manner. Camera pauses in front of him, looking over his shoulder. The Sun's glare is glistening off of his ear ring*

BEAL said:

*BEAL gets out of his chair. The camera swoops around him in a 360 manner. Camera pauses in front of him, looking over his shoulder. The Sun's glare is glistening off of his ear ring*

Nice!

Seriously though, I wonder what would be an example of a movie of this type that would be done "right." I'm saying this as someone who doesn't care much for action blockbusters or movie franchises.

What's a movie of this genre that is agreed upon to be "good"

To me when it comes to action movies, by the very nature of it's genre, it's varying degrees of crap.

maycocksean said:

To me when it comes to action movies, by the very nature of it's genre, it's varying degrees of crap.

Raiders of the Lost Ark.

watch the chase sequence which begins with Indy chasing the truck on the white horse. so much happens, so much is going on, but its 100% coherent.

maycocksean said:

That's cool, but you don't like Die Hard, Raiders, Terminator 2, Aliens, or The Empire Strikes Back?

You're missing out on some great action and movies overall.

Lately it seems action movies have all been pretty lame.

Indiana Jones were (hopefully 4 will be good). Spielberg does a decent job, but he plays he lowest common denomiator with the audience. LIke we're too stupid to figure things out.

I like the looks of this "Cloverfield" movie. I think it has so much potential. I like the idea of not having any real "famous" actors, and it's being shot from a hand held. It'll give it a unique look at a the Monster movie genre. Of course it could turn out to be total rubbish, and have every cliche in the book.

*Beal gets up to go play with Animal Crakers on Liv Tylers chest. It's one of the quirks of living in a Michael Bay world*

BEAL said:

*Beal gets up to go play with Animal Crakers on Liv Tylers chest. It's one of the quirks of living in a Michael Bay world*

:lol:

How awkward is it for Steven Tyler to compose the music for that scene... when Ben Affleck is playing grab-ass with his daughter.

Of all people, not Affleck. :|

maycocksean said:

Nice!

Seriously though, I wonder what would be an example of a movie of this type that would be done "right." I'm saying this as someone who doesn't care much for action blockbusters or movie franchises.

What's a movie of this genre that is agreed upon to be "good"

I would go with the first Die Hard film and Raiders Of The Lost Ark for sure...

Also The Matrix (the first one) and T2 are good examples IMO, I realize there is allot of Sci-Fi in there but at their core they rely on several amazing action set pieces...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom