MERGED-->Those who got GA's what options did you pick?+Ticket-Buying Techniques

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to know this, WHY do people go to Ticketmaster outlets!?!? It doesn't make any sense...isn't a LOT faster and better to try online? I just don't understand...

Also, if you want tickets to a show can you call ANY ticketmaster charge-by-phone number? Or should it be the one listed in your area? Which is best?

Don't forget to pre-register!

Do not refresh quicker than 3 seconds at a time - or else you will get "Access to our ticketing system is currently limited." If that happens clear your cookies, close your browser and open a new browser.

Going to an outlet can be good ONLY if you are positive you will be at the front. Outlets are much more direct to the system. The problem, however, is that you cannot guarantee your spot on line wheareas you can guarantee your access to tickets searches from your PC. I am in favor of staying home or going to your local library as I mentioned before. Why open multiple browsers and run into trouble when you can use multiple computers. To answers a previous question, I know your not supposed to but I have tried multiple browsers without running into trouble. It was a risk I tried only after being shut out, I was desperate. I would not recommend it.

iamagnomethief said:
Also, if you want tickets to a show can you call ANY ticketmaster charge-by-phone number? Or should it be the one listed in your area? Which is best?

I'd like to know the answer to that question too. Also, what's the best/most effective strategy to use when calling by phone? I've never been able to get past the busy signals.

First, NJElevation06 I love what you have to say. You are a kind soul! :hug:

I've NEVER gotten through on the phone to ticketmaster for any major concert sales, never, nada, zip. My recent presale experience in January also wasn't helpful. I think going to a ticketmaster outlet totally depends on where you live. If you are in NYC, you'd probably have better luck on the computer. As I mentioned, I'm in a city of 250,000 people and no one but me (or maybe only a couple of others) will be in line to buy U2 tickets, so this works best for me. Good luck to everyone.

I don't think I'd do this nowadays, but for both Popmart and Elevation, I actually stood in line at a ticketmaster. It didn't work out the greatest for Popmart, but for Elevation, I ended up 2nd in line an got GA's for Calgary. I completed my purchase, and went straight to the back of the line again. By the time I got close to the front, they announced the second show and I got great seats. Like I said, I think I got pretty lucky, and wouldn't do that again this time around.

Great thread, by the way. :up:

Hi!

One would think with all the modern technology someone could be a better "mousetrap" than Ticketmaster......seems there should be more competition in ticketing. Maybe someday.......but tomorrow will be tomorrow and we just have to hang in there and deal with it.......if unsuccessful then one goes to Plan B.

Remember.....when desiring tickets....one must always have an ace in the hole.

Good luck all.......

carol
wizard2c
:|

HappyFatBono said:
Don't forget to pre-register!

Do not refresh quicker than 3 seconds at a time - or else you will get "Access to our ticketing system is currently limited." If that happens clear your cookies, close your browser and open a new browser.

Refresh your browser ? I thought you aren't supposed to do that or you will lose your place in line.

shutdown said:

Refresh your browser ? I thought you aren't supposed to do that or you will lose your place in line.

I was talking about when you are refreshing like mad when the website opens up at 10am.

You're right - don't refresh after you get in.

You can also make a case for buying lower quantities when possible -- if you only need 2, but are thinking about 4 just in case. Forget the just in case, and get 2.

Though I don't have any 'proof' it stands to reason the "Any Price" and "Best Available" is much better than trying for a specific price point or section. My only logic -- the more you give the computer to think about, the longer it takes, and the faster somebody ELSE gets tickets why the system thinks about your request.

The state limit for the show I want is 8... forget it. Four together is plenty unrealistic, two is still a crapshoot given the demand.

I didn't know you could buy tickets at an outlet that wasn't in a city with a show!

So, if (hypothetically) I went to the Krogers in Bowling Green, OH (middle of nowhere, near Toledo) and tried to buy tickets for the Pittsburgh show, it could work? Or is not worth my time?

madonna's child said:
I didn't know you could buy tickets at an outlet that wasn't in a city with a show!

So, if (hypothetically) I went to the Krogers in Bowling Green, OH (middle of nowhere, near Toledo) and tried to buy tickets for the Pittsburgh show, it could work? Or is not worth my time?

You have to live in the same area of the country. For example I live north of Milwaukee...I can buy tickets for Chicago at my local ticketmaster, but I cannot buy tickets for Atlanta!

i like the idea of picking up GAs for whatever show you can. if you have GA tix for a show other than the one you want, chances are someone will be in the same boat as you so you can trade for the shows you want to see.

my best advice is to stay on the lookout for new shows that get announced and get ready to hit them up as soon as they go on sale. they don't have announced sales times, so if you time it right, you can get the jump on everyone else (read: scalpers)

even though we technically are "competing" against each other, i like the idea of us sharing our knowledge and resources. i'd rather see you guys get the tickets over a bastard tout :)

I went to an outlet and got a pair of tickets for Los Angeles, not the best seats, but I got them. After the first presale, I wasn't sure about trying online, so I took a chance and tried standing in line.

Only thing is, they give out wristbands if more than 2 people are in line, so then it becomes a lottery system.

Guess if you go to a ticketmaster outlet in some small town, you've a better chance going to an outlet.

Everyone who got GA's...

When you were selecting tickets, did you do 49.50 -- GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR.

Or just plain old best available?

I did the 49.50 -- GA, for 3 shows and got nothing, and I only wanted one ticket...

I actually selected GAs on Ticketmaster. The one time I got a full pair of them I hit the site like the second that the tickets went on sale.

From my experience, for whatever reason, it's easier to buy tickets from ticketmaster.com when it's for an out of state purchase.

I had great luck getting Boston tix today and I'm currenty living in NYC.

When I tried for NYC and NJ last time (1st leg) I got nothing. I couldn't even pull crap with 1 ticket.

It told me sold out within 2 mintues, but my friend in Boston keep getting tickets 10 minutes later.

Of course he wasn't quick enough to get me any, but this time around I'm telling him to get 4 if can.

So if you want NYC tix, call you friend in LA.

madonna's child said:

I would call first to verify - it's not always strictly according to region or state and the size of the region can definitely vary; for eg., I live up in Canada but I can buy tix in person for a NYC gig. Go figure!

ladywithspinninghead said:

I would call first to verify - it's not always strictly according to region or state and the size of the region can definitely vary; for eg., I live up in Canada but I can buy tix in person for a NYC gig. Go figure!

You're telling me if I go to a ticketmaster outlet in Hamilton, Ontario on Monday, that I can buy MSG tickets?

tawanda said:

You have to live in the same area of the country. For example I live north of Milwaukee...I can buy tickets for Chicago at my local ticketmaster, but I cannot buy tickets for Atlanta!

Call to find out for sure.... Your local ticketmaster will be able to tell you. I live an hour north of Pittsburgh, and at our local TM outlet I was able to score 4 GAs for the monday night show in Philly. There was just me and one other guy there... probably not gonna be so lucky when pittsburgh goes on sale next saturday.....

Hey guys, just to emphasize, really be on the lookout for the shows that open up late. I was frantically buying October tickets for Boston, when all of a sudden a December show popped up at about 10:18 to go on sale at 10:20. Got on it and, just like that, GA's. Same thing happened at 10:33 for 10:35. Possibly the best 15 minutes of my life.

One window, look out for additional shows, and it will probably work out. This was far better than when I went to an outlet for the first round. Also, when you can't get 2 tix, go for 1. While you might get shut out on 2 anywhere, you can score a money single loge seat. Chances are you could trade this for two up in the balcony somewhere down the line.

brejc said:

You're telling me if I go to a ticketmaster outlet in Hamilton, Ontario on Monday, that I can buy MSG tickets?

I would call them first but yes, in Ottawa, you can purchase tix to events in NYC!!
You'll probably be the only person there!

Back
Top Bottom