MERGED-->Secret NYC Show/New Yorkers! Show's on Monday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:
I am seriously considering getting on a plane.

$140 Detroit-NYC....

Am wondering whether I am a nut job...
:heart:

I was thinking the same thing!!! I live in central Wisconsin and was just brainstorming on whether I could get there!!!:combust: :combust: :combust:

Well, where are our spies in NYC on this? Someone get yer keester down down Washington Sq. Park and check out what's going on. Setting up a stage yet? If so, where? We need confirmation of something. I'm one of those getting ready to burn a vacation day from work tomorrow to hop on the train to NYC in the morning. We should have more than just rumors by now. Someone get down there, check it out and report your findings back here.

Do you really think this is happening? I can get a $320 round trip for 2 from Florida for tomorrow (I'm 15, I have to go with someone) but I would miss school and I'm actually coming to NY Wednesday too..do you think I should book it? My dad is considering it...because it's not a confirmed show I'm not sure what to do!!

confirmation.....needed.......please.........

elvis, you still in touch with the edge?

:wink:

ok, I'm heading to the city now.

I'll go to washington sq. park around 3:30 to see if anything looks like it's happenin....

will report back later.:up:

Now I am thoroughly confused. Is it at the Brooklyn Bridge or Washington Square Park? I'm sure we will know by tomorrow morning. Either way, I'll be there, since I am on Wall St, which is a hop, skip, and a jump from either possible location. In fact, I can look out my office's window tomorrow morning and see the Brooklyn Bridge location perfectly.

My guess is it is going to be the Brooklyn Bridge location, but it could end up being both.

I will post updates tomorrow morning about the Brooklyn Bridge location based on what I see.

Last edited:
Re: A secret NEW YORK show to promote the album?!? U2log reports...

U2girl said:
U2 to Surprise NYC?
cindy // 18-11-04 // 07:19 PM // Comments (0)
For a while now, we’ve been hearing a rumor about a secret show in New York City to promote the release of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. No insiders have been willing to spill the full beans to us — only provide vague hints. Based on those hints, we have concluded it may be an outdoor concert (the comment made was the show would “stop traffic”) and will occur early next week. (U2 will appear on Saturday Night Live this Saturday and will participate in the KROCK Club Vertigo event on Sunday.)

We have also been lead to believe that this possible secret show may be filmed and/or televised because of the kind of crew supposedly being brought in. This crew, however, could be working on one or both of the other promo events going on this weekend.

In conclusion, there may be a secret show in New York City in the next few days. There may not be. If you’re a New Yorker, you should keep your eyes and ears open. U2 might be playing on your door stoop.

If the clue about stopping traffic is true, the show may take place in a very popular location in the city— perhaps Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, or one of the city’s popular parks.

* Outdoor show to stop the traffic? (rock n roll stops the traffic hehe) Did anyone hear anything like this?

I wish I was in NYC for this

u2log.com reports:
Fans are reporting that they have seen a crew at Empire Fulton Ferry State Park this afternoon setting up a stage.

in case you don't already know, MTV is going to have a "special performance" by a huge band, most likely U2- since Bono said last night to a fan @ the SNL show that they would be performing at the Brooklyn Bridge, most likely the empire fulton state park- you can request tickets at 1iota.com

If you register at 1iota.com , you might want to consider lying about your age if you are more than 30 years old. We’ve heard that fans over a certain age are being denied tickets.

Last edited:
the age limit above is true. a friend, who is over 30, tried to get tickets. they never got them. then they created a new account where they were about 10 years younger.

they got them.

mudd_club said:
the age limit above is true. a friend, who is over 30, tried to get tickets. they never got them. then they created a new account where they were about 10 years younger. they got them.
Kind of ironic considering the band members are all over 40.

I don't believe that this is the band's directive. they probably have no clue. it is either a general MTV/Iota arrangement, or specific to this. The percentage of over 40 fans who can ditch all responsibilities to be at this taping, in the middle of a work day, is miniscule - it wouldn't even represent 5% of the crowd.

ON that note, since this is being handled by an audience management company, people going should be aware that getting there early will not provide them with any advantage. The audience handlers will pull out the most attractive fans first (or fill up the front with model/actor types recruited just to be there) and put them up front; they may deign to scatter a few real fans in there, but they will be forming the crowd for appearance and not fandom. This might not be true since it's such a big event, but generally, once these companies get involved, that's what happens.

starsgoblue said:
:scream:

:grumpy:

I need to move to a city where cool stuff like this actually happens...

:hug: :hug: :hug: sgb

one4 & youtwo- were you waiting at SNL after the show?

I'm not exactlry sure where EmpFultnFrrypark is, I'll look it up and hopelly I can post directions, if we find out it'd there.

Actually i will go down to it tonite to check, i can also check for washington sq park. I'll try tocheck back with any info later.

THIS is what I'M hoping for.....since it's daytime show- a vantage spot at least out side of the show so I can take my telephoto lens to try & get photos!!!!

I've seen them but never had the chaNCE TO BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO PHOTOGRAPHY THEM, sorry pinky slip. I taKE really good/I] rock concert photos. And then over the years security started to clamp down on people bringing in cameras. :grumpy:

I really hope that this is untrue about the age thing and the model like people being up front. If that is what this is all about I would be extremly disappointed and would certainly hope that this had nothing to do with U2. When a band's average age is 43and have been around for 25+years, than they can't expect their average fan to be 20.

Jam Jar said:
u2log.com reports:
Fans are reporting that they have seen a crew at Empire Fulton Ferry State Park this afternoon setting up a stage.

in case you don't already know, MTV is going to have a "special performance" by a huge band, most likely U2- since Bono said last night to a fan @ the SNL show that they would be performing at the Brooklyn Bridge, most likely the empire fulton state park- you can request tickets at 1iota.com

If you register at 1iota.com , you might want to consider lying about your age if you are more than 30 years old. We’ve heard that fans over a certain age are being denied tickets.

Empire Fulton it is!!! 3pm!

I'm not exactlry sure where EmpFultnFrrypark is, I'll look it up and hopelly I can post directions, if we find out it'd there.

[/B]

Empire Fulton Ferry State Park is on Water Street which is just north of the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn Side of the bridge..

You're right about the age thing...I put in my real age...42..got nothing.

I signed up my 18 year old daughter...we had 2 tickets in 30 seconds...

BonoBabe40 said:
You're right about the age thing...I put in my real age...42..got nothing.

I signed up my 18 year old daughter...we had 2 tickets in 30 seconds...

Please tell me this has nothing to do with U2. I would be very disgusted if it did.

Does anyone know how many tickets they are giving away for this?

Guarentee age limit has nothing to do with U2. It's the MTV/Iota thing, as others have said.

So is anyone else from Michigan contemplating driving to NY just for this? Want some company? ;)

I'm 32 and I got them I was actually on their mailing list from when I went to the carson daly show, they emailed me before we even heard about this!

fmattyh said:
Guarentee age limit has nothing to do with U2. It's the MTV/Iota thing, as others have said.

So is anyone else from Michigan contemplating driving to NY just for this? Want some company? ;)

I really knew that but I felt better hearing it from someone else. They did the same thing at the Top of the Pops.

If you don't have tickets confirmed by now, you probably wont get em.

I'm going, got 3. A friend of mine who also requested tickets about an hour after I did just got denied. He's 31. I'm 26.

The age thing may be real, especially since its MTV.

my tickets are confirmed but where do i find out about the time. I havent been given that information, or even were it is (although I already know which park)

Back
Top Bottom