MERGED-->Original of the species radio single in US-new strings+OOTS (single version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Canadiens1160 said:
Perhaps, perhaps. I am still hopeful.

if not, I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time!

I thought this would be an easy thing to do!!

I can't even call them to ask if they have it or to complain!!

youd call to complain about them playing U2? its possible they dont even have the new single yet anyway.

StlElevation said:
youd call to complain about them playing U2? its possible they dont even have the new single yet anyway.

no, no, no... I would just complain about playing Alanis :p

I just called their buisness office and asked them about the single, they gave me the programmer's voicemail and I left a message asking them WHEN they are getting the new single.

Canadiens1160 said:
Alright that's it, goto the E-Quest link, enter your info, request Original, then hit back and do it 50x more!
http://www.kfog.com/Requests/Equest.asp

if you are gonna do that, you prolly don't wanna piss them off... and since they don't really care about non-local listeners (in terms of commercials) you might want to say that your city is in the bay area... any of these will work:

san francisco
san jose
oakland
berkeley
stanford
cupertino
alameda
belmont
east palo alto
san mateo
redwood city
mountain view
half moon bay
fremont
south SF
sunnyvale
los gatos
milpitas
pacifica
morgan hill

since all these cities have decent KFOG reception

but I suspect they just don't have it... I will let you know if they ever answer me!

Last edited:
atu2.com says that U.S. radio stations got the promo single last Thursday, November 10. That's five days ago now. Why the hell hasn't an mp3 leaked yet?

namkcuR said:
atu2.com says that U.S. radio stations got the promo single last Thursday, November 10. That's five days ago now. Why the hell hasn't an mp3 leaked yet?

'Cause no one's playing it, down to the fact it's a poor song!

That douchebag in the MP3 section killed everyone's buzz with that stupid fake MP3. But he can't kill our spirit. Has anyone heard the song? Or have it? I want to stop looking for it, help!

OOTS is U2's new "Staring at the Sun" -- they can't figure out how to play it live, they weren't happy with the original mix, and the song SHOULD have been a smash single.

Here's hoping the single mix turns out to be a barnburner.

This is insane! Somebody have mercy on our souls and rip the friggin' thing... Since you can't buy it in stores, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to pass it around. All of us bought the album, some of us bought a few copies...

lancerla said:
This is insane! Somebody have mercy on our souls and rip the friggin' thing... Since you can't buy it in stores, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to pass it around. All of us bought the album, some of us bought a few copies...

no shit!
i bought 11 copies the day HTDAAB came out and 6 more since then!!

it's not like we can even buy it on iTunes!!!

OOTS is a typical U2 crescendo song :drool:. To say it sucks is like saying WOWY sucks.

Don't worry, it WILL get played.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

why? it's not like you can play 11 copies at the same time.

i'm confused.

oh... sorry, I prolly should have explained that!

I downloaded it the day it hit the net and played it non-stop until the day it came out.

I thought it was so good that I bought it for everyone in my lab and as x-mas presents for my family (since it was only $8.99 the first week at Best Buy, I bought 10 the first day as well as my deluxe edition) then I ran out of gifts so I had to buy the other 5 at Costco after that... and one DVD-version on eBay... I guess I should have bought 20 the first day!

STILL CAN'T BELIEVE WE HAVEN'T HEARD IT YET!!! I'm expecting this to be like the SINGLE VERSION of Please and it's killing me!!!

OOTS is my favorite song because it's the first live HTDAAB song I ever heard (when I was at the iPod event)... damn you radio stations.... PLAY IT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yeah the iPod event, I loved the song then, it seemed such a nice turn for the band - McCartney-esque.

This really is the next Staring At The Sun, great analogy though, hehe.

Still shocked that the usually consistently fast MP3ers out there haven't been able to put a copy of the single version on the web yet........after seeing the live version on the Chicago DVD, I'm interested in seeing what they can do to make the song better in its studio format.

Back
Top Bottom