MERGED-->Interpol as opening act Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
Interpol as opening act?

I would sh!&t in my pants if Interpol opened for U2! I can't even imagine how increadible it would be to watch my favorite band(U2) and 2nd favorite band back to back. I just saw Interpol live last friday and I have to say it was one of the best concerts I've been to. They play great live and I think they "go well" with U2.
I have never heard anyone in the band mention them though so here's to wishful thinking!
Oh, and god please don't let Keane be the opening act 'cause they suuuck!:madspit:

Salim

Interpol is a great band and all, but Keane does not "suuuck". In fact they're one of the most exciting and talented bands to come around in awhile. I saw them opening night of their recently completed US tour, and they were fantastic. I think they'd make a great opener.

I love Interpol. Love love love them. But they'd never open up for U2. They're "too dark" for the relatively happy U2 crowds. But then again, PJ Harvey opened and lord knows she ain't a bucket o' sunshine, so who knows.

i know what you mean favorite band and 2nd favorite back to back.

i have had it happen three times:
March 1992- Pixies and U2
Aug 1992- Primus and U2
1997- Rage against the machine and U2
at different times in my life- i have had different second favorite bands and they just happened on these occasions to coincide with u2's opening acts.

that said- it won't happen on this tour- i don't see them getting wilco to open. although i am really like kings of leon at the present time. strange thing i started to like them about 6 months before u2 announced them as openers.

I suggested this in earlier threads. 100 percent agreement. And they are opening some dates for Coldplay this summer which, last time I checked, is neither a particularly dark nor particularly indie band.

As unlikely as this would be, Interpol opening for U2 would rock my world! I am SO in love with Antics right now, it's not even funny! :love:

:bow: Interpol :drool:

It seems almost every band that was rumored to open for U2 before the album came out is opening for U2. The only other band rumored back then that I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Scissor Sisters. How much does anyone wanna bet they'll be somewhere on the 3rd leg?

Yeah I thought scissor sisters was going to be opening 1st leg since there seemed to be all this attention ont hem last year. The vast majority of the american public doesn't know who they are.

I have no idea who the opening act will be but we can all keep guessing!

ramblin rose said:
Interpol will be supporting U2 in Glasgow.

Hey, I must have ESP! Now, if I could only use these superpowers to get them to play the Miami show!

jphelmet said:
i know what you mean favorite band and 2nd favorite back to back.

i have had it happen three times:
March 1992- Pixies and U2
Aug 1992- Primus and U2
1997- Rage against the machine and U2
at different times in my life- i have had different second favorite bands and they just happened on these occasions to coincide with u2's opening acts.

that said- it won't happen on this tour- i don't see them getting wilco to open. although i am really like kings of leon at the present time. strange thing i started to like them about 6 months before u2 announced them as openers.

Love Wilco! That would be fantastic too though, you're right, thats not very likley...but you never know!

U2dork said:
It seems almost every band that was rumored to open for U2 before the album came out is opening for U2. The only other band rumored back then that I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Scissor Sisters. How much does anyone wanna bet they'll be somewhere on the 3rd leg?

They havent announced support for Twickenham yet, which has to be the biggest UK date. I am expecting Scissor Sisters for this one!
ark

salim117 said:

Hey, I must have ESP! Now, if I could only use these superpowers to get them to play the Miami show!

And Cleveland...and Detroit. That would make me so, so very happy.

Athlete will open for Twickenham on 18th June, I hope that Interpol will open for Twickenham on 19th, then I will definitely go to both show! :wink:

Interpol has my vote for Cleveland! That would be my number one choice, but Kings of Leon would get a warm welcome from me as well.

Interpol VS Cosmic Rough Riders

:up: What a comeback for Scotland after last tour's support act!!!!

Yay!!!! :hyper::drool::faint:

Maybe U2 felt they needed to pull something special outta the hat, to make up for last time round!!! :p

lmjhitman said:
As unlikely as this would be, Interpol opening for U2 would rock my world! I am SO in love with Antics right now, it's not even funny! :love:

:bow: Interpol :drool:

i guess i'll have to eat my own words here - and wish that i lived in glasgow. man, you guys are SO lucky!

macphisto07 said:
Interpol has my vote for Cleveland! That would be my number one choice, but Kings of Leon would get a warm welcome from me as well.

Yeah, I've been a fan of Kings of Leon for a while now, so I'm excited to see them open in Chicago in May. But still, for the 3rd leg...I can't think of a better opener than Interpol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom