MERGED -> Embarrass yourself here! + Your Mighty Lyrical Stuff-Ups!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
Embarrass yourself here!

Got any embarrassing misheard U2 lyrics? Embarrassing misconceptions of any kind? I do...

Until today I always wondered how Bono got away with saying, "And a fever when I'm inside her. Desire..."
faint.gif
I just saw that it's 'beside' only moments ago.
emb.gif

C'mon! Feel free to embarrass yourselves! :wink:

daygloeyes2 said:
When it's performed live I think he sings it as "inside her".
Yes, he does. I wonder if that was the original lyric and he only changed it on the single to be more radio-friendly in 1989? Of course, today nobody would bat an eye about that being on a top-40 song.

Zootomic said:

Yes, he does. I wonder if that was the original lyric and he only changed it on the single to be more radio-friendly in 1989? Of course, today nobody would bat an eye about that being on a top-40 song.
You mean I'm the only one who batted an eye at it? :flirt:

BONO'ppetit said:
You mean I'm the only one who batted an eye at it? :flirt:
Okay, almost nobody!;)

BTW, BONO'ppetit, I just now 'got' your user name! Clever! Up until now every time I saw one of your posts I would look at your name and wonder what you meant, thinking to myself, 'is it little Bono' or maybe 'Bono's little'? I just now looked at it and went, 'Ohhhhh, I get it'! Yes, I am that dense.

Last edited:
In the "Rattle & Hum" movie, he does actually say that when they play "Desire" in the building they're in there. And I've heard live versions of him saying it, too, yes. There's also something in that version about a thousand lovers and bedding a hundred others.

Angela

I was under the impression that "inside her" is the original lyric, but changed it for the CD so people wouldn't be upset. Not that it would really matter these days considering some of the lyrics that "artists" are using.

Re: Embarrass yourself here!

BONO'ppetit said:
Got any embarrassing misheard U2 lyrics? Embarrassing misconceptions of any kind? I do...

Until today I always wondered how Bono got away with saying, "And a fever when I'm inside her. Desire..."
faint.gif
I just saw that it's 'beside' only moments ago.
emb.gif

C'mon! Feel free to embarrass yourselves! :wink:

On the disc, it is 'beside' her as they (the powers that be decided that for him to sing 'inside her' was too smutty)..spoilsports..

If you listent to ISHFWILF, you'll hear him sing: This burning desire when originally it was to be I'm burning insider her.. Again, lowered eyebrows and scowls from those that be....pah...

Zootomic said:

BTW, BONO'ppetit, I just now 'got' your user name! Clever! Up until now every time I saw one of your posts I would look at your name and wonder what you meant, thinking to myself, 'is it little Bono' or maybe 'Bono's little'? I just now looked at it and went, 'Ohhhhh, I get it'! Yes, I am that dense.

I always wonder what it means too, and I still don't get it:reject:

Well, not that embarassing, but when I first listened to Stay I thought he said "Dressed up like a cockroach" :huh: :D, then i went to the lyrics and realised it wasn't so... :lol:

If I come up with more embarassing ones I'll surely post! :wink:

sami0201 said:

Isn't it from appetite?? I always thought it was... :huh: yummy Bono! :wink: :drool:

Edited: OH YEAH!!!! 100 POSTS!! :happy: :dancing: :D

Last edited:
sami0201 said:

LOL It's from bon appetit--basically, 'enjoy your meal'. For the rest, engage imagination and let run wild. :wink:

sami0201 said:

I think BONO'ppetit is a wordplay on 'bon appétit' as in having a good appetite for Bono.

I STILL think that Electrical Storm goes "It's hot as hell behind this shroom."

Heh, never happened to me, but wouldn't it be fun: "still love turns to lust"... :lol:

Lynz778 said:
In Bad...for years I thought it was...through silken sky and burning flack. Is that even a word?

I thought that for years too! Yes, it's a word, but it's spelled flak. It's anti-aircraft fire, so it conjured up images of war in my mind. The 'silken sky' could be parachutes.

True colours fly in blue and black
Through silken sky and burning flak
Colours clash, collide in bloodshot eyes

Between you and me, I think it's a slight improvement on the 'proper' lyric. :shh:

Edit: According to U2.com (which is far from infallible, of course) the proper lyric is:

Blue silken sky and burning flag

Last edited:
I checked out the lyrics page at www.atu2.com and they have the line as:

Bruised silken skies and burning flack

I guess U2.com is the more official word, but this just shows that this particular lyric has confused a lot of people.

Last edited:
BONO'ppetit said:
LOL It's from bon appetit--basically, 'enjoy your meal'. For the rest, engage imagination and let run wild. :wink:

Naughty little girl you are,always getting us in trouble :wink: :lol:

I think i read this on @U2

" its alright, its alright, its alright, Shamu the Mysterious Whale.."

:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom