MERGED --> Britney Spears is pregnant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ILuvLarryMullen said:
Britney Spears needs a baby like she needs a hole in the head :crack:.

Not to defend Britney, but that statement could apply to about 9/10 of the supposed "adults" in this world.

80sU2isBest said:

Not to defend Britney, but that statement could apply to about 9/10 of the supposed "adults" in this world.

You're lowballing it.

99%.

U2democrat said:
oh darn....that means she probably won't be touring anytime in the next 9 months...............:|

yeah,

but don't stop camping out in the ticket line

you got a really good spot near the front

Who cares? I hope she gives up smoking for the duration of the pregnancy.

Actually I think Britney Spears comes across more level headed than a lot in the entertainment industry.

Last edited:
this is on defamer

Radar’s setting off the sirens, claiming that Britney Spears is about to unleash the fruit of her womb on an unsuspecting Los Angeles:

A little (very reliable) birdie tells us that Ms. Spears is giving birth (via C-section) at Cedars-Sinai right now. The Federletus has arrived!

Britney Spears has helped husband Kevin Federline multiply and replenish the earth. Again.

The "...Baby One More Time" singer gave birth to a baby boy Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles. The child is Spears' first; Federline's third. He has two young children from his previous relationship with actress Shar Jackson.

According to U.K.'s Sky News, Spears was considering naming her and Federline's child London, after the British capital where their romance blossomed. Us Weekly's sources had the singer set on Preston Michael Spears Federline. Spears' publicist had no official confirmation.

I still cant imagine why someone would voluntarily want a C-section. I mean, if you have to - you have to. It's such a hard recovery. Plus, it's kind of a shock to the baby - just being popped out like that.

Anyways....

She ls Raging said:
I still cant imagine why someone would voluntarily want a C-section. I mean, if you have to - you have to. It's such a hard recovery. Plus, it's kind of a shock to the baby - just being popped out like that.

Anyways....

Of course ideally it would've been nice (for me) to give birth "naturally." But if I had to do it all over again, I would've elected to have a c-section rather than go through the motions only to have my body crap out on me at the last minute. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. I should've known, a lot of women in my family were unable to give birth naturally. There may have been factors involved and certain risks to mother and baby, which is why Britney opted to go the c-section route.

It's really not so much a shock to the baby during a c-section than it is for the baby to spend hours being squeezed through the birth canal.

Recovery time for me asn't so bad, really. I didn't have the massive bleeding that a lot of women do when they give birth naturally, and in a couple days I was right as rain. The pain wasn't so bad but of course at that time I was just glad to have the baby out of me. ;)

The only bummer was that because of the anesthesia (I was awake) I had to be strapped down before during and after the procedure, and I was in no condition to hold my son directly after he was born. My only regret thus far in motherhood.

adam's_mistress said:

Of course ideally it would've been nice (for me) to give birth "naturally." But if I had to do it all over again, I would've elected to have a c-section rather than go through the motions only to have my body crap out on me at the last minute. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. I should've known, a lot of women in my family were unable to give birth naturally. There may have been factors involved and certain risks to mother and baby, which is why Britney opted to go the c-section route.

It's really not so much a shock to the baby during a c-section than it is for the baby to spend hours being squeezed through the birth canal.

Recovery time for me asn't so bad, really. I didn't have the massive bleeding that a lot of women do when they give birth naturally, and in a couple days I was right as rain. The pain wasn't so bad but of course at that time I was just glad to have the baby out of me. ;)

The only bummer was that because of the anesthesia (I was awake) I had to be strapped down before during and after the procedure, and I was in no condition to hold my son directly after he was born. My only regret thus far in motherhood.

Ok... I had a feeling my statement would be taken the wrong way. It was based on a statement by Britney that I read where she said she was hoping for a c-section because she didnt want to go through the pain of childbirth. I totally understand that not everyone is able to give birth naturally, plain and simple. They just cant. I "personally" can't understand why someone would elect for it, and it's based more on my understanding of newborns, having worked in a NICU for so many years. Many c-section babies (and not all of them) have more difficulty in transitioning to the world because they miss that "squeezing" period- it serves a purpose in that it helps push out all the excess fluid they still were carrying while being in utero, and it's easier for thier lungs to transition.

But anyways, I digress. Just wanted to clarify my statement. I know this isnt FYM.

I actually didn't even realize a person could just automatically elect to have a C-section. I thought that was sort of a last resort of a regular delivery wasn't going well. That's what happened to my mom, and it was discovered that because of the way her body is (something with her hips?), the only way she can deliver is C-section. When she was pregnant with me, a C-section was planned then because they knew there was no other route.

Back
Top Bottom