MERGED ----> Bono On American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono won't back out of this, face it. He's in there for life. He has the knowledge, he has the charisma, he has the connections. I don't think anyone could replace him there, he's great at what he is doing.

But he will make music again. Remember he did all of his campaigning despite being on tour two years ago. He can handle this. Maybe it's a lot right now, because the G8 summit is coming up and it's of special importance for this issue. But he will return to make music again, I strongly believe that, it's inside of him.

On the Africa issue, Bono would never give it up. He's in there with a lot of responsibility, he wants to get things done and he wants to see real change happening.

I just cannot imagine Bono calling this quits, he's a fighter and on a mission.

^ That's true. But like last unicorn said..

last unicorn said:

I just cannot imagine Bono calling this quits, he's a fighter and on a mission.

The street fighter kid is still in him, he's just found the right fight for him.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

bonjaya.jpg

:hmm:

:lmao:

thankyou said:

Bono spent last weekend with the remaining six "Idol" contestants, who will perform "American Prayer" -- the song he wrote some years ago with Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa -- during Wednesday's two-hour special "Idol Gives Back."

It shall be the ETERNAL song. :drool:

last unicorn said:
I would watch it, but I can't. :sad:
There is no AI here.
I would watch it only to see Bono, not because of the contestants.
I cannot understand how people who have the chance to see it don't want to see it. You can turn the TV off after Bono's appearance anyway.
I am excited about this and hope someone will be so nice to upload the Bono piece somehow.

Oh wow, American Idol is being shown here in Finland! :hyper: Except it's aired on Saturday nights at 19:00, probably takes that long to ship the tapes of the show over!? And ever since this rumour started floating about Bono being on the show, I've been waiting for conformation and today I got an e-mail from ONE.org. saying he'll be on tonight's show!! :hyper:
So hopefully I'll get to see this on our 26 inch flat wide-screen TV! :drool:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Bono said himself he wouldn't mind handing off the torch, the problem is no one wants to take it...

He'll never give it up now. It's equal parts ego gratification, world attention, elbow rubbing with big wigs, feeling good, and doing good. Just wish he would focus his efforts more. Pick one concrete thing you can accomplish and do it.

Here's an idea - the African Well Fund - started by U2 fans. Set a time horizon, say 7 years, and get all the wells done. Focus on just that until it's done then move on to the next thing.

Let your DATA and ONE orgs handle the rest - they have boards and people running them. Focus on just managing those like a CEO, not doing the work. A semi-annual meeting should be enough. As a mentor of mine used to always say, you can manage more than you can do.

:lmao: This is TREMENDOUS

Not only did Bono say himself that he wouldn't mind passing the torch but he also said he wanted to get back into the Band thing and "serve these men". I applaud everything the guy does, he's truly a saint, in fact I don't see how he has the time and energy but I'd like to see him get motivated to writing the lyrics we're used to hearing on the earlier albums. I just wonder if his "side jobs" aren't effecting his regular job.

i suppose you're right... just wouldn't mind if he'd hand off the job to some other celebrity and got back to that whole making music thing.

I can agree with that.

his regular job is now his side job, which of course he said would never happen.

it happened.

Hey Headache!!! How are you and the boys doing in UF? I missed the Toad's show - I have to set my schedule so I'm back in the North East when in CT. Do you go to the CT shows?

kellyahern said:
As much as American Idol sucks, this is an awful lot of hand wringing for probably just a "Hi, please join the One campaign - it's really important. Bye."

absolutely. that's probably all it's going to be.

kellyahern said:
As much as American Idol sucks, this is an awful lot of hand wringing for probably just a "Hi, please join the One campaign - it's really important. Bye."

This is all pre-recorded so I don't think "he" put as much effort or time into it as everyone thinks. :eyebrow:

I don't know if this was posted yet—I quickly scanned the last few pages and found nothing.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/story.asp?j=181624420&p=y8y6z5xyx&n=181625109&x=

Bono and Dave Stewart pen American Idol aid anthem

Bono and Dave Stewart have teamed up to write a new aid anthem for TV talent show American Idol.

The rockers' new tune, American Prayer, will debut tonight during TV fundraiser Idol Gives Back.

Bono will also meet with the six current American Idol finalists as part of the special, which will highlight his One: The Campaign To Make Poverty History.

The Idol contestants will then perform the new song - about the AIDS emergency in Africa.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I dare say he's getting A LOT more done these days then he was in the late 80's and 90's.

Exactly. This is shaking up the mainstream far more than all the talking he did before.

And unless he stops making music alltogether, he treats both jobs equally as far as I can tell. Sometimes the one gets more attention than the other but it doesn't mean he stopped being interested in both. And I don't think he'll stop being an activist since he's been into it for a while now.

JCOSTER said:

This is all pre-recorded so I don't think "he" put as much effort or time into it as everyone thinks. :eyebrow:

I didn't watch it but my daughter saw it at her friend's house and she told me Bono had hair, I mean not stubble but real hair like on the Vertigo tour. I know Bono doesn't have any hair so how old was it? If it was old enough for him to have had hair, it has to be more than a year old.

The portion w/Bono hasn't aired yet. How could anyone have seen it. :scratch:

And Bono was in L.A. this past weekend/ few days. There's pic proof in Pleba, not to mention the ONE email.

and yes kelly, that was awesome :hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom