MERGED --> ALL Manchester discussion MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am staying in a hotel on the night of the 14th but am travelling upto Manchester on the 13th - will be at the Stadium very very early.......
I cannot wait - I am going with 2 mates who are also first timers like me and we are all sooo excited. It is our mission to get as close to the band as is humanly possible :)

Lisa

Although I'm only going to the 15th show, we will be staying over in Manchester on 14th aswell, which means we can get there early as we like. Whats a good time for getting there to get a good spot (hoping for the ellipse)?

There isnt an ellipse for the outdoor gigs unfortnately, but there is a front stage area that will be limited capacity.

We have GA for all the UK and two of the Dublin gigs we should be there around 10.30 on the first day and earlier on the second day as we are staying over at the Diamond Lodge.

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Re: 'I can bearly contain my excitement!'

irishbusby said:
There both nights!

Where's a good eating/drinking establishement close to the stadium?

Cheers!

Busby.

the stadium is a couple of miles outside the city centre (where there are after-show parties organised for both nights) so suggest people meet around/near the Hard Rock cafe b4 the concert(s).

MIKE

June 14 Th City Of Manchester Stadium .. Deatils Wanted !! NEEDED !!

I Have two tickets to go and see u2 on the date listed above , what time do the gates open and the first support band play which is snow patrol !! ?? !! ?? !! ?? !! ?? !! ?? Any Info AT ALL !!!! Much Much Much Much Much !!!!!! Apreciated !!

Have you looked at your tickets? the time for doors opening is listed there... also listed at ticketmaster... European leg has not started yet, so details will emerge as the show moves over to Europe...

is there anyone else here who doesn't have tickets yet? Sorry for sounding like a worrying pillock, but I am.

RA-D said:
is there anyone else here who doesn't have tickets yet? Sorry for sounding like a worrying pillock, but I am.

No I haven't got mine yet either. You don't sound like a worrying pillock!

----------------------
Ok to the above post about no ellipse. There has to be! It's like a unwritten U2 law. :sad:

My tix for the 14th arrived Tuesday.

We got them (GA) in the presales.

Says queue at gate B. Show starts 17.30 (no door time specified). Can't see anything to indicate the difference between a fan club ticket (presale) and regular one as was done in USA.

I'm sensing a pattern here Edge's plec, and I like it! In about 18 days there will be about over 20 of those excited smileys. Will sum up how everyone going will be feeling :wink:

*waits impatiently for See tickets to send the tickets out*

Vertigo Fly said:
I'm sensing a pattern here Edge's plec, and I like it! In about 18 days there will be about over 20 of those excited smileys. Will sum up how everyone going will be feeling :wink:

*waits impatiently for See tickets to send the tickets out*
I must admit i've never been as excited about a gig as i 've been for this one and the good thing is i know i'm not going to be disappointed,U2 just don't let you down.
:wink:

Got my tickets... just!

Postman delivered them to wrong address, but fortunately the people there know me.

Thank you, God.....

I got my tickets about 2 weeks ago from ticketmaster. So im starting to get excited now, im going both days :D

i got tickets for oasis, bens fold and ryan adams coming up around the same time as well.

I got a season ticket at Man City so i usually do the walk from the city centre every other week, its only about a 15-20 minute easy walk.

Theres loads of pubs in Manchester city centre and plus Piccadilly train station is more or less right in the centre.

Id go around the northern quarter for a few drinks, its got abit of
personality.

Back
Top Bottom