Master list of performed and rehearsed songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

It was a complete rumor posted by someone on Zootopia that said they were the friend of a friend that knew Dallas Schoo. "Supposedly" it was done in studio rehearsal prior to Vancouver. Take that one with a grain of salt. Alot of the supposed Mexico lists are VERY unsubstantiated.

Someone on this forum also reported that a friend of theirs was working in the same location that U2 were using to rehearse in California earlier this year and that person heard Wire, The Unforgettable Fire, and Exit. Exit was also apparently rehearsed in studio in Dublin last year.

Nonetheless, I am taking all of that along with the Mexican setlists with a grain of salt. The Mexican sets seem to be pretty inconsistent to me. The Vancouver rehearsals I'm prepared to trust more, especially because some people I know listened and I trust their reports.

Axver, the 59 song list could be condensed down to 57.

I count An Cat Dubt/Into the Heart as one song, because the original cd only gives it one chapter stop.

Stories For Boys was only about 1 verse inside of Vertigo, so it doesn't fully count in the "1-verse-1-chorus" interference song rule.

Glora was played in vancouver, so it can be italicized.

There seems to be confusion as to whether One Step Closer OR City of Blinding Lights was palyed at 10pm on friday night.

Lastly, for those that think Zoo Station is only a goof: They were working on a voice-over intro thing Thursday and Friday night. I'm predicting the song will start the encore break to be followed by FLY.

U2FP

U2FanPeter said:
Lastly, for those that think Zoo Station is only a goof: They were working on a voice-over intro thing Thursday and Friday night. I'm predicting the song will start the encore break to be followed by FLY.

U2FP

Hallelujah!

Chizip said:

id love to see

dirty day
zooropa
first time
daddys gonna pay
even babyface

and

last night on earth
do you feel loved
mofo
even miami or even playboy mansion

add Lemon, Stay and Wake Up Dead Man to the mix and I would seriously die and go to heaven

U2FanPeter said:
Axver, the 59 song list could be condensed down to 57.

I count An Cat Dubt/Into the Heart as one song, because the original cd only gives it one chapter stop.

Stories For Boys was only about 1 verse inside of Vertigo, so it doesn't fully count in the "1-verse-1-chorus" interference song rule.

Glora was played in vancouver, so it can be italicized.

There seems to be confusion as to whether One Step Closer OR City of Blinding Lights was palyed at 10pm on friday night.

U2FP

Thanks for the input!

As far as I was aware, An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart were always split on Boy into tracks 3 and 4, with the split varying between countries, but they count as two tracks. I'll include them as An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, though. And I'll take out Stories For Boys but note it was snippeted.

I'm very surprised Crumbs From Your Table wasn't rehearsed in Vancouver. I thought it would be one the band would be really excited to play - or maybe they already have it down solidly? Who knows ...

Anyone have any further input?

Bold = played live already
Italics = rehearsed in Vancouver
Plain text = rehearsed/rumoured elsewhere

BOY
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Out Of Control
The Ocean
The Electric Co.

OCTOBER
Gloria
October

OCTOBER-TO-WAR
A Celebration

WAR
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Surrender

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad

THE JOSHUA TREE
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Exit

RATTLE AND HUM (AND ERA)
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
She's A Mystery To Me

ACHTUNG BABY
Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One

Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness

ZOOROPA
Lemon

POP
Staring At The Sun
Please

ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On

Kite
New York

ATYCLB-TO-HTDAAB
The Hands That Built America

HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You

A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yahweh
Fast Cars

Total rehearsed songs = FIFTY-SEVEN

In addition, Stories For Boys has been snippeted during Vertigo.

So, are the Vancouver rehearsels over? If so, where is the band now, San Diego or LA? Anyone been able to follow what they're playing?

namkcuR said:
My god, do you guys realize that all the songs that Axver listed plus all the other ones that were mentioned, make up between 50 and 60 songs? If they actually rotate those songs and play all of them during the tour, this could be one hell of a tour.
That would be absolutely awesome.

In total, I think the band will hit upon forty or so songs at least once during the tour.......about a third of the supposed mentioned tracks from rehearsals are either

A) Blatant lies

or

B) Songs the band are rehearsing, but are really only considering right now.....I think they're trying out a lot of stuff, and a great deal of it probably won't work out and make the playlists.

I am so bummed we aren't getting In God's Country after all, they did start playing it at the end of Elevation tour.

However, they will pull some surprises out along the way. Soundchecks and touring gets these guys flowing.
We'll hear stuff not on the list by next November.

Electrical Storm - I too am surprised it hasn't been rehearsed, but I am starting to wonder if they are saving it for Europe.

Stay - I'm not sure if I read it in a rumour somewhere or not, perhaps from Mexico. Can anyone help out?

Bump..........mostly because I had a hell of a time finding this earlier.

and here's to "The Fly" being rehearsed.......my second favorite U2 track, so I would love to hear it.....heh, I should be able to hear 18 of my top 20 over the course of the two San Jose shows......I don't think "A Sort of Homecoming" or "Discotheque" have much of a chance at showing up...

Someone mentioned Zoo Station as the first song after the break
leading to the encore. I do believe he is correct.........As U2 are
gonna be incorporating more advanced monitors as the ones they
used during the Elevation Tour.......who knows......Zoo Station is
a good opener as we have seen on the Zoo Tv tour, however the
theme of this tour is 'Vertigo' so most likely they are gonna
open with 'Vertigo' but I could totally see Zoo Station as the song
that will lead us into the encore........Bono might do his Zoo Tv kick
dance thing opening the encore...................

The_Hype01 said:
Someone mentioned Zoo Station as the first song after the break
leading to the encore. I do believe he is correct.........As U2 are
gonna be incorporating more advanced monitors as the ones they
used during the Elevation Tour.......who knows......Zoo Station is
a good opener as we have seen on the Zoo Tv tour, however the
theme of this tour is 'Vertigo' so most likely they are gonna
open with 'Vertigo' but I could totally see Zoo Station as the song
that will lead us into the encore........Bono might do his Zoo Tv kick
dance thing opening the encore...................

That is a good idea. When I heard of Zoo Station being played I think of U2 doing some sort of ZooTV type theme. I don't know what but something to pay respect to one of the most amibitous tours.

Axver said:
Alright, I'm trying to sort out the rumours that we have by noting whether they have been played, rehearsed in Vancouver, or rumoured/rehearsed elsewhere. Multiple notation is not required - performed live gets preference over Vancouver and Vancouver gets preference over anything else. The following is off the top of my head and I'm uncertain about a few of these. Once this list is complete and accurate, I'll post another thread before the public rehearsal on the 26th.

Bold = played live already
Italics = rehearsed in Vancouver
Plain text = rehearsed/rumoured elsewhere

BOY
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart

Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
The Ocean
The Electric Co.

OCTOBER
Gloria
October

OCTOBER-TO-WAR
A Celebration

WAR
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Surrender

THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad

THE JOSHUA TREE
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Exit

RATTLE AND HUM (AND ERA)
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
She's A Mystery To Me

ACHTUNG BABY
Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One

Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

Ultra Violet
Love Is Blindness

ZOOROPA
Lemon

POP
Staring At The Sun
Please

ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On

Kite
New York

ATYCLB-TO-HTDAAB
The Hands That Built America

HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You

A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yahweh
Fast Cars

Total = FIFTY-NINE

they're rehearsing hands but not electrical storm?

jesus....sometimes they just have no clue.

JOFO said:
they're rehearsing hands but not electrical storm?

jesus....sometimes they just have no clue.

Well, there's no mention of Hands actually being rehearsed, but they've done it live. It's worth noting no-one had mentioned UTEOTW being rehearsed and then they pulled it out at the RARHOF.

I think the band might be keeping Electrical Storm for Europe as it was more successful as a single there. They probably think Hands is more appropriate for US shows or something. I hope Electrical Storm pulls an UTEOTW and appears even though no-one said it was being rehearsed.

Setlist for March 24th:

Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Stuck In A Moment, Gone, Discotheque-Staring at the Sun, New York, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday-Get Up Stand Up, Sweetest Thing, In A Little While, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Bad, Where the Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, The Fly

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, With or Without You, One, Walk On

Oh, wait, what year is it?

Nisse said:
I thought Ultra Violet was confirmed as rehearsed?

Bold = Played live

Italics = Confirmed rehearsed

Nothing = Mexico City rumors....

BTW, was there ever any proof that the band was even in Mexico recently?

Back
Top Bottom