Lulworth Cove, Dorset, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Astronaut (brilliant opener for a gig and all the build up to it as well; they really put on a show)
Strength Through Music/Guitar Hero (Even though the latter was a lip synch it sounded amazing together)
Half Jack/Umbrella/Living On a Prayer (Half Jack is just the most amazing song and I liked the cello/violin work they used at the opening; Umbrella was incredibly funny Amanda just messing around lip syncing to Rihanna; and then Living on a Prayer was such a piss-take; Jason Webley played it with her and they stopped it twice to comment on how the lyrics didn't make sense)

I think they would of played for longer but the venue had to close at 10:30

And I expected her to half more of a band; half the songs were solo piano; and the others were piano, violin and cello. Zoe Keating played Cello and was the first opener (I got her cd because she sounded great) and one of the Danger Ensemble played Violin

:wave: everyone.

John, the setlist sounds faultless and your pictures are great. I'm sure it was a fab night :wink:

It really was

I even enjoyed Umbrella for like the first time ever although I would of rathered it was Amanda playing it like yesterday but it was so funny

Yeah I usually hate that song... but if she did it, I'm sure she did it well!

:wave: Hey Emma. I got to spend the afternoon with Max. :hyper:

Hi Justin! Was that the first time you've met him? That must've been cool :cute:

I just read Amanda Palmer's post about the future of the Dolls from a few days ago on their message board. That wasn't at all depressing. :wow:

I hope when U2 closes down, it is mutual and sort of uplifting. Like a great series finale. :up:

It'll never be like that, just because they've been going for so long and are all so closely associated... I think they'd just stop making music, but never formally 'break up,' or if they did 'break up' it'd be really, really messy :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom