LP13 There is no album - only lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is an interview with Fallon, it will be mostly comedic fluff (you know, Larry gave Bono his first and only job blah blah) with some seriousness about RED.
IF he asks them about the album, which I am SURE U2's handlers with tell him not to, he will get the same vagueness we've been hearing forever ("it'll be done when it's in the shops" blah blah)
If anyone is expecting any kind of release announcement, or even any kind of explanation as to why it's taking so long, or any mention of Danger Mouse, forget it.

BUT PRlDE DOESN'T BELONG ON TUUUUFFFFFFFF!!11!1!!1! :sad:

I know you're joking...but that aside, I could see how people feel that way. I think it works because sound-wise it fits right into the album. It doesn't sound like it was torn from another session in some other studio or a left over song from a previous album (which for all I know, maybe it was but it doesn't sound that way is the point).

For the Fallon show I'd assume an interview with at least Bono and two songs, Invisible and possibly Ordinary Love, since it's up for the Oscar. I don't see them doing just one song, it's a big show and Fallon's a big music fan. As for album news, I don't expect anything. They will probably be asked, but there won't be any answers that are radically different from the ones we've heard in recent weeks and days.

But I'd love to be surprised and proven wrong.

I know you're joking...but that aside, I could see how people feel that way. I think it works because sound-wise it fits right into the album. It doesn't sound like it was torn from another session in some other studio or a left over song from a previous album (which for all I know, maybe it was but it doesn't sound that way is the point).

I am one of those that felt Pride was a bit out of place on TUF.

It stands out similar to the way GOYB stands out on NLOTH. It's a rocking, pop tune on an album that has more melancholy aspects to it.

But I agree that neither Pride nor GOYB feel like they were created from another time and just stuck on the album. They both just show a different direction that most of the other tracks.

I am one of those that felt Pride was a bit out of place on TUF.

It stands out similar to the way GOYB stands out on NLOTH. It's a rocking, pop tune on an album that has more melancholy aspects to it.

Pride and GOYB are in no way similar. Not by any sane metric.

One is a steaming pile of turd.

The other is a classic, one of the best songs ever written.

Shame on you :tsk:

For the Fallon show I'd assume an interview with at least Bono and two songs, Invisible and possibly Ordinary Love, since it's up for the Oscar. I don't see them doing just one song, it's a big show and Fallon's a big music fan. As for album news, I don't expect anything. They will probably be asked, but there won't be any answers that are radically different from the ones we've heard in recent weeks and days.

But I'd love to be surprised and proven wrong.

He always does a bit with Bruce playing off old personas and whatnot.

Or weird juxapositions of rock dudes singing stupid pop songs in another style.

Bono could probably have fun puncturing old versions of himself.

U2 haven't sold 250 million. They claim to have sold 150 million, but only 100 million have been verified.

Paul McGuinness and Universal know the current number. When Paul McGuinness won his Billboard award recently, he mentioned that the figure for total album sales by U2 is now 160 million as of 2014. Auditing organizations that certify sales are not always updated and many for some countries or regions don't cover previous time periods.
That being said, U2 has one of the highest certified album sales totals for albums sold outside the United States of any artist ever.

U2 has sold over 150 million, but not much more. 160 million sounds about right. The band pretty much always sells twice the number of albums outside of the USA that they do in the USA. So, ~50 million records in America easily translates to ~150 million worldwide.

U2 has sold over 150 million, but not much more. 160 million sounds about right. The band pretty much always sells twice the number of albums outside of the USA that they do in the USA. So, ~50 million records in America easily translates to ~150 million worldwide.

I just made up that number; I have no idea how many albums they've sold.

I know it's more than Eddie Murphy's solo album.....

Big deal. Over the course of their career, Rush has released 24 gold records and 14 platinum records (3 of which have gone multi-platinum) placing them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.

Big deal. Over the course of their career, Rush has released 24 gold records and 14 platinum records (3 of which have gone multi-platinum) placing them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.

Rush. :drool:

They're on that list of bands I'd love to see but somehow always miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom