LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Irish Times article - granted I am probably putting too much faith into what was said, but they claimed the delay was to find a killer single.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I will be surprised if the first single is better than Invisible - that song was quite good and I think it got a lot more attention than Boots did.

So my theory is - they either found it, or scrapped the idea based on the filming going on now. Either way, the barrier to releasing earlier this year has been removed.

If nothing is announced by September 1st, I'll start worrying. We first learned about 'Invisible' once the video shoot was completed, as U2.com addressed the 'online buzz' that was generated with the hangar clips that weekend.

Just out of curiosity, why are we believing the Irish Times article?

Someone has to be believed. Look at it this way....

Band members, no one believes them.
Band (ex) management, no one believes them.
Universal, no one believes them.
Newspaper reports, no one believes them.

Someone has to be correct! ?

Once we have something concrete, we will look back to this quiet period with humour and satisfaction. You'll see. At most, there will be a tough war about supposed clunkers. :wink:

I will be surprised if the first single is better than Invisible - that song was quite good and I think it got a lot more attention than Boots did.

In america maybe but here in the uk if you wasnt in the know about u2 you wouldnt have known about invisible. Where as boots was the last single to be played all the time on radio one. Boots was played everywhere here in the uk (tv and radio)

Me too. She's waaayy too self-confident in my opinion. She's acting like Fallon is an old bro of her, same with Sean Penn and anybody else in the showbiz i guess, i don't like that, when many other young actors struggle in life.

you sound like the total cliche of the French misogynistic male, threatened by confident women :lol:

i guess it hasn't occurred to you that she might have known people in showbiz her whole life, and maybe, just maybe, might feel comfortable with them? (and is maybe pretty secure in the fact that her dad has been there and is watching her back?)

It's great how everyone keeps moving up their "worry dates" as time passes. "If we don't hear anything by May 1st I'll worry" and so on and so on

I wonder if the day that universal tweet came out was the day the album was intended to be announced.. they just, didn't get the memo or something..

I think that there's a very real chance that the album will be announced in the coming week.

So they're filming a music video, and we're still not convinced that the first single and the album are coming. That's how you know we've been let down too many times! We won't believe it's coming out until it's in our hands!

So they're filming a music video, and we're still not convinced that the first single and the album are coming. That's how you know we've been let down too many times! We won't believe it's coming out until it's in our hands!

It's supposed to be finished by the 18th. If I'm right then they have to edit the footage and they are ready for a new single soon. By now they should have a title for the album, cover and tracklisting (according to recent reports).

The only way they would stop is if Edge or Bono say "I've hit a rich musical vein! We need to bring in Epworth and get this song on the new album", otherwise it's a done deal.

The last question for me is what their plans are on 2 albums are since Bono talked about it at the Oscars.

I've read this theory elsewhere but with Iovine now at Apple, I predict the album (or maybe just the single) will launch at the new Apple product launch on Sep 9th. They will debut the song and a new iTunes streaming service powered by Beats.

The band reunites with Apple and leverages that attention to launch its new song(s) with huge PR.

The video production schedule in Nice matches this timeline.

And the Iovine connection. And the fact that Apple is rumored to be revamping its music offering with Beats. And the fact that O'Seary is much more PR savvy that previous management.

And the fact that the band wants a huge single. What better way to do that these days than by linking up again with Apple which helped launch Vertigo so well a decade ago?

All speculation from me. But that's my prediction as we sit here today in the dog days of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom