LP13 - It all comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 always works till the last minute on albums.

They were working on NLOTH just a few weeks before Boots dropped.

So nothing new. But it would be nice to just have something done.

But have a feeling we'll get a generic "this has to be right" comment and delay

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Maybe one of the band is on house arrest and can only leave his house to buy groceries, go to church and medical appointments. So they have to sneak him to the back of the church into a makeshift recording studio, an hour per week. This seems like a plausible explanation for U2's current situation.

But have a feeling we'll get a generic "this has to be right" comment and delay

That there's a video crew there, coupled with the Universal rep email to @U2, makes it highly improbable that they'll delay further from Q4 14.

I mean, besides the prevailing sentiment that U2 are taking forever with this album (they are), that they delayed it from a Q1 14 release (they did), what real reason do people think that they'll just delay it another year? Yeah, we've heard way less chatter about this album, but that's certainly by design.

It's more gvox comments. He came out with similar chatter after (or before) Super Bowl about cold feet

Sounds like U2 might be having same thing but someone above them is demanding SOMETHING to show.

I can't see U2 releasing the single and still mucking with the rest of the album. It's all go or nothing

That there's a video crew there, coupled with the Universal rep email to @U2, makes it highly improbable that they'll delay further from Q4 14.

I mean, besides the prevailing sentiment that U2 are taking forever with this album (they are), that they delayed it from a Q1 14 release (they did), what real reason do people think that they'll just delay it another year? Yeah, we've heard way less chatter about this album, but that's certainly by design.
I'm optimistic that Q4 2014 will be it. It just annoys me that we don't know what's going on - and I'm sure that's their plan.

It's more gvox comments. He came out with similar chatter after (or before) Super Bowl about cold feet

Sounds like U2 might be having same thing but someone above them is demanding SOMETHING to show.

I can't see U2 releasing the single and still mucking with the rest of the album. It's all go or nothing

This will probably be it. To delay the album once more for a 2015 release would not make sense at all - I'll be more annoyed than I was when they delayed it back in the Spring.

i don't like the words "November" or "delay"....:angry:

Id snap your hands off for a november release now if im honest. Sept/oct/nov dosent really matter to me as long as it comes out this year and they tour next year

I think October is absolutely in play still. Think ATYCLB....Beautiful Day was released on 8/30 and the album on 10/30.

I find that news about the release comes roughly 7-10 days prior, so if we don't hear anything by 8/23, then October could be out of play.

With all that said, this is a new world when it comes to album and single releases. The "2 month" model might now be a "2 week" model(single to album).

Also....I would say 95% chance the album is out by December 1st.

But what do I know, I'm just a fan on a message board who has only 640 posts.

I think October is absolutely in play still. Think ATYCLB....Beautiful Day was released on 8/30 and the album on 10/30.

I find that news about the release comes roughly 7-10 days prior, so if we don't hear anything by 8/23, then October could be out of play.

With all that said, this is a new world when it comes to album and single releases. The "2 month" model might now be a "2 week" model(single to album).

Is there really a model anymore? Im sure if u2 wanted the album out tomorrow itunes would stick it straight on there.

I think this whole model thing has vanished

If a video is being shot AND it's quite likely a music video (the only other thing I could imagine is an album promo), I guess the single isn't far from being out there. The 'Invisible' video time schedule example brings me a certain optimism. Post production technologies these days are advanced, so that a few days after they end the shooting, the video could be already out on the main platforms.
Once the audience, and especially the fanbase, gets a single, a huge buzz should start that *should*, in a normal band, lead to an album in one way or another.

Obviously this whole theory would be useless if U2 are embarking an unusual project, like releasing the album with no lead single, maybe with some sort of visual connection, or trying some strategy no one tried before.

The thing that confuses me is that the delay at the start of this year was to find the big single. Presumably the first single, given their second and onward singles haven't done well for even htdaab and atyclb. So if that caused the delay, and right now they are filming what is most likely the first single (what else could it be? Why would they shoot album promo video in a studio they didn't use to record the thing) why would it be delayed further? They either got the single, improved an existing song, or went with something else. Either way, would they really delay the whole album for wanting to tinker with non singles? Not after five years, surely.

we're actually talking about the new album in a new album thread...:up:

funny that with all the talk about the video shoot, we're not hearing reports of music being played. I suppose it was all shot in indoor studios..

They already have dip their toes in the water with "Invisible" to test the temperature.If they need a second testing,then they might as well to just pull the plug and go home,for god sake!

If gvox is right with the rumbling that he's hearing,they are a pathetic insecure band.

The thing that confuses me is that the delay at the start of this year was to find the big single. Presumably the first single, given their second and onward singles haven't done well for even htdaab and atyclb. So if that caused the delay, and right now they are filming what is most likely the first single (what else could it be? Why would they shoot album promo video in a studio they didn't use to record the thing) why would it be delayed further? They either got the single, improved an existing song, or went with something else. Either way, would they really delay the whole album for wanting to tinker with non singles? Not after five years, surely.

It's BC this was time to finish the 2nd album that will be released next year! ;)

I just want one song to resonate with how I'm feeling in my life right now. Over the years they've managed to do so. After this long wait I hope that one song hits home.

Wait... how do we know the delay was about a single? Couldn't have been about production, or maybe someone told them they had another "middle three"?

Was there an interview or something that eluded that it was about a single?

Wait... how do we know the delay was about a single? Couldn't have been about production, or maybe someone told them they had another "middle three"?

The Irish Times article - granted I am probably putting too much faith into what was said, but they claimed the delay was to find a killer single.

U2: Stuck in a moment

“The album has been actually been finished for a few months, but a decision was taken not to release during the summer months because of holidays etc. There was one last, frantic scramble earlier this year to get a big single, so they got Adele’s writer-producer, Paul Epworth, into the studio.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom