Letterman - Breathe Performance (3/2/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a stupid grin on my face the entire time. I was a really great performance. Cant wait for the rest of the week

I'm sure they won't play the same song 5 nights in a row.

After the Grammy debacle they called a "performance", this was a nice way to come back strong.

Great job guys.

loved that change in the lyric, about the snow on the streets of NYC

nothing like nailing a date on a live performance

I liked that I think the crowd wasn't totally into it at first but once Bono did that the crowd went nuts. :applaud:

Ummm.. I didn't think the performance was that great, mostly on Bono's part. :uhoh: Maybe it's just because I am so used to hearing it on the album version that the live version threw me for a loop. My brother, however, thought it sounded great and he hasn't heard any of the new songs prior to tonight.

Sucks that you just can't get compare the sound of that song live when I saw it today compared to through the television. A dramatic difference. It still sounded amazing on tv but the casual listener would have a much different reaction hearing it in person then through the tube in my opinion. Oh well who cares it was awesome to see it on tv too!!!

thought it was fantastic! Bono sounded great!:applaud::applaud::applaud:

This next tour is going to make Bono work harder since a long time, since POP I think, which is good for all of us. It's like all of us know the beauty of these songs but the guys are so conserned with the casual U2 fans and that makes me happy. :applaud: This means Bono especially and the other guys are gonna work extra hard to bring these songs alive. :applaud:Bring on the tour boys ! :wink:

Loved it :heart: I look forward to hearing Breathe with a full stadium of people singing along to the chorus

Hello, Hello,

I was lucky enough to be at the first LATE SHOW taping today. One of the rules the staff gave us was NOT to stand. I was discouraged ( I always stand for U2 shows!). Half way through Breathe, Bono walks center stage and motions for us to stand. There was no hesitation in the crowd. We were in complete unison. Bono parting the Red Sea once again...lol!

Hello, Hello,

I was lucky enough to be at the first LATE SHOW taping today. One of the rules the staff gave us was NOT to stand. I was discouraged ( I always stand for U2 shows!). Half way through Breathe, Bono walks center stage and motions for us to stand. There was no hesitation in the crowd. We were in complete unison. Bono parting the Red Sea once again...lol!
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom