Leek, Staffordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one for Spanish Eyes is even better.

Although I LOVE the visuals set to the solo in IGC.

Spanish Eyes is a good video, but I don't like that song as much as IGC, so it's not a full package deal for me.

Which video are you watching?

I'm watching the documentary that came with the special edition of The Joshua Tree, "Outside It's America"

OK people. This came up briefly earlier: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...t-it-would-be-good-to-have-a-baby-193424.html

I just can't bring myself to care. It seems to just be another one of those "two minutes of righteous indignation" stories that have come to take prominence along with "two minutes of hate" stories. Yes, let's splash this crap all over the media. Move over, Marysville and Kinglake!

At least the people in that story, the parents I mean, seem to care a bit. Like, maybe things will actually work out. I'm trying to be optimistic. It's still a damn shame.

At least the people in that story, the parents I mean, seem to care a bit. Like, maybe things will actually work out. I'm trying to be optimistic. It's still a damn shame.

Oh shit, wait, I hadn't seen the most recent updates.

Nevermind. They're fucked.

Spanish Eyes is a good video, but I don't like that song as much as IGC, so it's not a full package deal for me.

I'm watching the documentary that came with the special edition of The Joshua Tree, "Outside It's America"

Oh, I have it then and never watched it.... :reject:
Maybe I'll put this on tonight, then...

Oh shit, wait, I hadn't seen the most recent updates.

Nevermind. They're fucked.

Having this splashed all over the media is just ridiculous anyway and isn't going to be doing much good for these kids.

At the end of the day, I don't even think it's newsworthy. But righteous indignation evidently sells newspapers.

Oh, I have it then and never watched it.... :reject:
Maybe I'll put this on tonight, then...

Do it. It's so worth it. It's pretty much watching the JT videos with some lulzy anecdotes thrown in between them.

Sadly it's over now :(

I love this video. It's my second favourite of all officially released U2 concert footage, for god's sake!

It's my Second favorite for two reasons.

1) The fact that they don't seem to be paying very much attention to the cameras

2) Do I even have to say it? Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuf

Having this splashed all over the media is just ridiculous anyway and isn't going to be doing much good for these kids.

At the end of the day, I don't even think it's newsworthy. But righteous indignation evidently sells newspapers.

:up:
I'm surprised that the discussion in that thread became "sex ed or no sex ed". While I strongly support sex ed, it can't be a silver bullet against all "young kids having babies" problems.

Do it. It's so worth it. It's pretty much watching the JT videos with some lulzy anecdotes thrown in between them.

Sadly it's over now :(

I just picked my JT box from the shelf where it was sitting idly for the past few months.

Ax, just added you to my last.fm. It seems that U2 is our only common top-10 band, but that our musical compatibility is "high".

Hearing tuf live sometimes pisses me off :(. I'm just so resigned to the idea that I'm never going to get to experience it myself.

Hearing tuf live sometimes pisses me off :(. I'm just so resigned to the idea that I'm never going to get to experience it myself.

That's how I feel about Bad, although it is more likely I will here it one day. It just pisses me off that it was supposed to be played in one of the concerts I attended (Paris 2) in the last tour - even written on the physical setlist - and they decided to skip it (not change it to another song, but SKIP it altogether). :mad:

That's how I feel about Bad, although it is more likely I will here it one day. It just pisses me off that it was supposed to be played in one of the concerts I attended (Paris 2) in the last tour - even written on the physical setlist - and they decided to skip it (not change it to another song, but SKIP it altogether). :mad:

God that SUCKS.

You know what absolutely kills me?

I saw Bruce Springsteen in August for my 21st birthday (early present) and I was so revved for the show that I was at a setlist party thing for the show the night before, and all was going well, the setlist was incredible, and I was having a good ole time. And then all of a sudden Bruce played my favorite song of his. I never felt so deflated in all my life, because him playing it that night made it 90% likely he wouldn't play it the night of my show, and he didn't. Soooo heartbroken.

But...but TUF is just...such an important song to me, and they seem to have completely abandoned it.

It's my Second favorite for two reasons.

1) The fact that they don't seem to be paying very much attention to the cameras

2) Do I even have to say it? Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuf

I'll add the following:

3. It's from the eighties.

4. It's not as good as Red Rocks, but there is no other full(-ish) concert from the eighties that has been officially released, so it's by default #2.

God that SUCKS.

You know what absolutely kills me?

I saw Bruce Springsteen in August for my 21st birthday (early present) and I was so revved for the show that I was at a setlist party thing for the show the night before, and all was going well, the setlist was incredible, and I was having a good ole time. And then all of a sudden Bruce played my favorite song of his. I never felt so deflated in all my life, because him playing it that night made it 90% likely he wouldn't play it the night of my show, and he didn't. Soooo heartbroken.

But...but TUF is just...such an important song to me, and they seem to have completely abandoned it.

Oh, I can definitely relate. What's your favorite Bruce song btw (not that I know his discography very well).

I watched the two Vertigo shows in Paris. By that time in the European leg the set was pretty much fixed except for the song either before or after COBL. They played All I Want Is You the first night and just went directly into COBL. Hearing the COBL intro (which I actually really like) was never so disappointing! But I can't complain too much, as they played OOTC > Electric Co that night.

On TUF, I think they might surprise us this time around and bring some songs back from that era. Maybe TUF will make it. I would certainly be :drool:

I'll add the following:

3. It's from the eighties.

4. It's not as good as Red Rocks, but there is no other full(-ish) concert from the eighties that has been officially released, so it's by default #2.

Edit: 5. Big fat sweaty shirtless guy holding Bono.

I have to be up in like four hours. Oh sure, I could do the tuf bono thing and just sit around drinking pizza and eating Heineken until then, but I respect having some health. So I'ma vamos. Catch you bros later. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom