Leather Day: Knight Commander Cover Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you're welcome.

I really like this shot. May be one day we could have the original pic showing up on the internet somewhere.

butter7 said:

I won't take too much attention to the edge of the news paper, as long as Bono's beautiful face come up right, I'll ignor the rest.

:wink:

merged1yd9.jpg

Oh well done! :applaud: Looking good!! :drool: Thank you so much!!! :hug:

Yeah Bonocomet, I'd love to read the Science of Mind article too!! :hyper:

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about scanning that article, I just haven't been able to get back to my scanner yet. I'll do it though and post it as soon as I can! :wave:

bonocomet said:
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about scanning that article, I just haven't been able to get back to my scanner yet. I'll do it though and post it as soon as I can! :wave:

Ok, thanks I was hoping you were just busy and hadn't forgotten.

Dana

Ok I FINALLY got the Science of Mind article scanned! Sorry I took so long! :reject:

Here's the cover again

ScienceofMindJan2006sm.jpg

I'll post the article as thumbnails you can click for full size, comin right up!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this July's Vanity Fair issue! :hyper: As soon as I heard about this, I went and asked my 'local' newsagents about reserving the issue, coz I knew that said newsagents stock Vanity Fair, albeit only a couple of copies of each issues. And was advised to put my order in at the end of June to be sure I'll get a copy!! :applaud:

Last edited:
:giggle:

oh that 2nd one is funny!

hi jcos......did you catch my comment back in the red thread!

After New York Rocker folded in ? 82ish or 83ish.......I stopped buying R&R mags almost compleatly.

I'd more or less stopp[ed buying Rolling Stone esp as New York Rocker and it coverage of the Origianl Punk/New Wave NYC scene expanded to the rest of the USA and then into Great Britian/Ireland and Europe etc.....since they covered the music i was most interested in.

When I wanted to track Bruce/E Street I'd go look at Backstreets [mag]and listen to certain DJs who were in pretty close contact with them & South Sdie Johnny.

So EXCEPT for NYR which was one of the VERY FEW R&R mags/zines to Cover U2 PRE-USA first tour.....I missed all the articles/covers etc of U2 in R&R Mags. UNtil I picked up RS for ATYCLB.

:grumpy: Stoopid me!

Are these are some from your collection?

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
:giggle:

oh that 2nd one is funny!

hi jcos......did you catch my comment back in the red thread!

After New York Rocker folded in ? 82ish or 83ish.......I stopped buying R&R mags almost compleatly.

I'd more or less stopp[ed buying Rolling Stone esp as New York Rocker and it coverage of the Origianl Punk/New Wave NYC scene expanded to the rest of the USA and then into Great Britian/Ireland and Europe etc.....since they covered the music i was most interested in.

When I wanted to track Bruce/E Street I'd go look at Backstreets [mag]and listen to certain DJs who were in pretty close contact with them & South Sdie Johnny.

So EXCEPT for NYR which was one of the VERY FEW R&R mags/zines to Cover U2 PRE-USA first tour.....I missed all the articles/covers etc of U2 in R&R Mags. UNtil I picked up RS for ATYCLB.

:grumpy: Stoopid me!

Are these are some from your collection?

I did see your post and then I saw you were here too. Thank you for your kind words. With the last couple of speeches Bono has made he has inspired me big time!

These pictures I just found on Ebay. :shrug: I only have a few original mags I bought in the eighties and a couple from 2000. The rest I found here and through other websites. :wink:

Its nice to hear from you!

You're welcome :) I still have more I'd like to get scanned ... so it may take awhile, but this thread will get some more action eventually. :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
01_cover-1.jpg

I'm sure I have more covers on my other computer at my parents house, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow when I go there for my Easter holidays! :wink:

Just a little side note....

While I think this is a fantastic Vertigo era picture of Bono, that has to be the single worst picture of Larry I have ever seen. His lips look painted pink, his face looks emaciated (and he looks outright sickly), his hair is horrid and he really looks old.

Just proves that not even a good looking people take great pics all the time. :sexywink:

bonocomet said:

Ok here are the new scans.

I hope that works!

:D

Oh wow........

I used to read MNE, and another big Brit music paper from ? 74 -? 79 or so...... originally for WHO articles & when Bruce'd play GB :heart: and others

but drifted away more in 78 when I had NYR! which also covered Brit Punketc. since Punk/New Wave ORIGINATED IN :heart::heart: NYC.....contrary to SOME folks beliefs!

I'll have to check ou tthe SfM article. thanks bonocomet!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom