last year: April 23rd, Anaheim @ the Pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tech

War Child
Hello All,

I just got nostalgic because today at this time last year I was getting ready to go see my first U2 show at the Pond since the Popmart tour( crappy seats). Just wondering if anybody around here went and remembers that great night!!!!

:sigh....:

My first elevation show. Right about now, PJ Harvey would still be on.... me wearing my black beanie, waiting impatiently for the show to start.

I loved that show. I never sat down. I met Larry that night.

My whole world changed. Woooo Hooo!

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by martha:
"...see the Carson fires at night..."

he didnt really say that did he? im so gullible if he didnt. yeah, anaheim 1 was my second u2 show (the first being the week before!) and i actually bought my nosebleeds at 3am the morning before the show off ebay. that was one exciting day, and an amazing memory...

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

wow. I'm a day late, but yeah, I was there. In the worst seats possible on the 23rd, but hey, I made up for it the next night!

Yeah, I remember seeing that fire burn as I drove to Anaheim. But I don't remember Bono saying that!

What a great concert that was. Little did I know I would be going to 5 more Elevation shows that year!

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
I was there. In the worst seats possible on the 23rd
hey! i must have been right next to you...there was a beam that sort of blocked my vision of part of the stage. man, i had to keep waiting for adam and edge to lean out of the way of it so i could see them!

Yeah, I remember seeing that fire burn as I drove to Anaheim.[/QUOTE]
weird, i just dont remember...i must have been in some sort of daze...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Oh God, I'll never forget! It was the highlight of my year, as well as my life so far!
Not the concert, so much, but meeting the boys before and after the show.
I got to gaze into Bonos dreamy eyes, speak to him(he actually stopped and listened to me!!!:eek
smile.gif
, got his autograph...
Got to glimpse Edges stunning eyes, speak to him, get his autograph.
Saw Adam...
And...
GOT MY PHOTO TAKEN WITH LARRY, WRAPPED MY WIGHT ARM AROUND HIM, FELT HIM UP, SMELLED HIS JACKET, PRESSED MY CHEEK AS CLOSE AS I DARED TO HIS ROCK HARD BODY, AND FELT HIS ROCK HARD ARM AROUND MY WAIST!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I'm sorry guys, I just cant help myself when i start talking about it!
eek.gif

It was such a stroke of fate!!! Sigh!!!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom