Lanois interview on Swedish TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungDude

The Fly
Swedish TV4 did a interview with Lanois in HQ not so long time ago. It was transmitted today and can be watched at

http://www.tv4.se/1.283438?videoId=1.407624

Great and long interview, but not any news on the U2-front.

I thought that the only clip with U2 on "Here Is, What Is" is the one with Lanois and Eno clapping hands. Does this video show new unseen clips or have I just missed these?

EDIT: Found the other two clips on YT. So ther's no new Here Is What Is clips.

Last edited:
AchtungDude said:

Great and long interview, but not any news on the U2-front.

And this was posted under "Where the album has no name"..........................why?

Am I the only one to read between the lines/do some whishful thinking when Danny plays the U2 tracks here? He picks " I Still Haven't Found..." and "Pride" and comments on Bonos vocals. Recently he's been saying how impressed he has been with Bono lately how his writing is special, and his voice. Then he was about to say something about Bono when the Vertigo Radio people interrupted him.

I'm hoping this means great vocals on the next album if Danny is able to bring out more of that quality in Bono once again. His vocals are the best they have been for a long time right now it seems, right?

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:
Am I the only one to read between the lines/do some whishful thinking when Danny plays the U2 tracks here? He picks " I Still Haven't Found..." and "Pride" and comments on Bonos vocals. Recently he's been saying how impressed he has been with Bono lately how his writing is special, and his voice. Then he was about to say something about Bono when the Vertigo Radio people interrupted him.

I'm hoping this means great vocals on the next album if Danny is able to bring out more of that quality in Bono once again. His vocals are the best they have been for a long time right now it seems, right?

I don't understand what you're saying in that first part regarding your reading between the lines and his picks or whatever...would you mind clarifying please? I'm interested :)

The_Edge89 said:

i hate it when interviewers do this. Let the man speak. There seems to be a lot of ego in interviewers these days, almost like they are the stars. Annoys me...

Rob33 said:

I don't understand what you're saying in that first part regarding your reading between the lines and his picks or whatever...would you mind clarifying please? I'm interested :)

What I meant was that even though Lanois doesn't say anything himself about it I noticed that he picks songs where Bono uses full voice singing such as on Pride and Still Haven't Found. Perhaps that reflects how he works with Bono in particular on this record, pushing him to do better captivating vocals. Or maybe that was just wishful thinking...(Let's hope not)

Re: Re: Lanois interview on Swedish TV

Rich79 said:

And this was posted under "Where the album has no name"..........................why?

Feel free to move it wherever you want :)

Back
Top Bottom