June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ill be there tomorrow morning around 7am...look for me in my canucks jersey!

Sweet! My real name is Sharon. Feel free to find me tomorrow and say hi!

So my friend's taking me down to Qwest now. Gonna get my number, then hang around downtown until O&T time, most likely. Woohoo!

I wish I could bring my daughter, but she's only 5 and would be A) Overtired by showtime, and B) Trampled I'm sure. But she's super impressed by U2's set designs (she's seen most of their concert vids) and likes their music.

Maybe next time!

Awww. Miss E was 5 for her first show {Vertigo in PDX}, but we had seats. This is her first GA and it makes me as sentimental/excited as her first day at preschool :sad: :applaud:

I just spoke with someone at Qwest Field. They said that you can begin lining up at 7am but they will scan your ticket when you get in line. The line will be inside the gate and once you are in you cannot leave. They said there are bathrooms, but he was not sure what time they will open the food. This sounds like a bad plan, what about bringing folding chairs to sit in? Books? iPad? We won't be able to return them to our cars.

They did this in Dublin too. I hated that I couldn't leave to go to the hotel and shower in the morning and I had to bring my shirt and poster into the show with me.

Have fun at the show everyone.

looks like my plans are constantly changing.... I'm going to drive up tonight from PDX, leaving in an hour or two. Just can't stand the thought of missing Roman's birthday ;)

I've got an extra GA that Roman may or may not have someone in mind to take it, need to get in touch with him.

I don't have a place to stay tonight at the moment so I'm bringing my tent and sleeping bag and if I can't find a gracious soul to let me crash on the floor of their hotel room then I'll be spending the night under the stars. :D

My name's Justin, I'll be wearing a vintage black/gold Joshua Tree shirt tomorrow.

Me, Diana, Nicole, Jeff and Chris :)

Attachments

• image-728959873.jpg
    image-728959873.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 37
:cute:

Alma and Brad (Superfan), just posted pics of one of the red trucks hitting a pickup truck when it was turning a corner near the stadium. I don't think anyone was hurt.

Ga line on corner 2nd & s King st. Line leaders negot. to be allowed on propery at 6 am & Sam O'Sullivan just drove by on crew bus #u2360sea

So what time does the band start tonight? I'm trying to decide when to head down to O&T.

I just spoke with someone at Qwest Field. They said that you can begin lining up at 7am but they will scan your ticket when you get in line. The line will be inside the gate and once you are in you cannot leave. They said there are bathrooms, but he was not sure what time they will open the food. This sounds like a bad plan, what about bringing folding chairs to sit in? Books? iPad? We won't be able to return them to our cars.

Wait. What? That's terrible! :angry:

looks like my plans are constantly changing.... I'm going to drive up tonight from PDX, leaving in an hour or two. Just can't stand the thought of missing Roman's birthday ;)

I've got an extra GA that Roman may or may not have someone in mind to take it, need to get in touch with him.

I don't have a place to stay tonight at the moment so I'm bringing my tent and sleeping bag and if I can't find a gracious soul to let me crash on the floor of their hotel room then I'll be spending the night under the stars. :D

My name's Justin, I'll be wearing a vintage black/gold Joshua Tree shirt tomorrow.

HI! DO YOU STILL have your GA ticket? Call me or text 360-771-0437... how much you want? I have a friend who is dying to go.. she is a true fan... I am driving up from Portland now... thanks!! Carmen

Was down there around 5 - they definitely have the North Plaza set up and around the corner at the NW gate there is fencing and 20 or so sanicans just waiting to be arranged. Gate security said same - no food, no stuff, locked in and at their mercy. :doh:

Was down there around 5 - they definitely have the North Plaza set up and around the corner at the NW gate there is fencing and 20 or so sanicans just waiting to be arranged. Gate security said same - no food, no stuff, locked in and at their mercy. :doh:
Wait, what? We can't bring in our own food now?

I was prepared to throw away all the stuff I'm taking in (picked up some cushions from Goodwill today), but I NEED to bring in my own food. I'm vegan and cannot rely on them to feed me. I will starve. :|

Owl and Thistle :)

Attachments

• image-3053428951.jpg
    image-3053428951.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 59
Qwest usually just like safeco, for any event, will let you bring in your own water, I do it all the time at Seahawks games. (it has to be sealed and new, or empty and fillable at drinking fountain).

This is not good news though, we would have to stand inside all day.

Total poop. Oh well I guess though, what can you do?

Me and my 12 year old son have our number! One question for the nice lady in the green jacket; did you say be back at 6am or 7 am? Btw, thanks green jacket lady for stepping up to run the line

So are people getting numbers and going home? Or are people getting numbers and staying overnight in line?

So there are already over 100 people in line?? Wow! Hardcore. I'm thinking of coming around 10:30. But still not happy that Qwest is not allowing us to bring anything in or out. I hope they have good food and lots of water.

I'm hoping those "not allowed to leave or bring food" rumors are false. I'm choosing to not stress out at this point. :zen:

My number is pretty awesome. :) Stopped by and hung out for a while this afternoon, and hung out with other people for most of the evening. Listened to Zoo Stn for a bit, but I was so tired so I came back to where I'm staying and am headed to bed now.

For those asking about tomorrow, I think there are some people staying in line all night. When I spoke with the line leaders when I checked in, they said to be there in time for roll call at 6am, and definitely be there early. The line will get organized and then at 7am when Qwest officially opens things, then we'll move over to the stadium. Things could have changed since then, but I'm planning to show up in time for the roll call. If it turns out to be a mess (which I'm crossing my fingers it won't be), then I'll just be soundboarding it. No matter what, it's gonna be a GREAT show!

Hope everyone has a good night, and see you in line tomorrow! Don't stress. It will all be fine. :)

Doing RZ1 Solo?

Any other ppl out there doing Red Zone 1 for tmr's (ie. Saturday's) show solo @ Qwest Field?

Let me know: would be great to have some ppl to hang with down there in a similar situation! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom