June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yup. north gate. there are a couple of new people there now. i think a total of nine.

Dudes! I emailed KOMO to tell them about there's going to be a crazy fun line up happening tomorrow and they wanted to interview me on air this morning if I was in line already!! HAHA!

Anyway, I hope to get an email back, but we may have a news sponsor LOL! I'll keep you posted, especially if they do want to talk to someone this morning, I'll pass along the info to one of you folks actually in the immediate area (I'm north of Seattle.)

:laugh:

Ok yeah. They want to talk to someone today, if possible, AND to me tomorrow! WHAT?!?! HAHA! I did not expect to get asked for an interview. LOL hilarious!

Anyway, so if anyone here is around by Qwest Field, in line, or not, here's who to contact:

Frank Lenzi
KOMO Newsradio
AM Editor
(206) 404-5666

I guess tell 'em Sarah Crumb sent ya?

OMG this is too funny to me! :)

GA Line

Anyone else read this:

Events Calendar

"GA Field Starting at 7am, use NE Gate for early queuing inside North Plaza for first access prior to 5pm. No scan-outs allowed once inside."

What does this mean? Does it mean we cannot bring in chairs, or bags, or anything we would need to return to our cars because we can't leave once we are in line? Usually when I have done GA, I have been able to take things back to the car before we go in. Thoughts?

Also, it says something about wrist bands. I hope Qwest doesn't screw this up!

By the way, this is my first post :) 6th time seeing U2. I'll be there tomorrow morning. I live just about a mile from the Stadium. If there is any sound check tonight, I should hear it from my condo.

Anyone know if U2 are in town yet?

Anyone else read this:

Events Calendar

"GA Field Starting at 7am, use NE Gate for early queuing inside North Plaza for first access prior to 5pm. No scan-outs allowed once inside."

What does this mean? Does it mean we cannot bring in chairs, or bags, or anything we would need to return to our cars because we can't leave once we are in line? Usually when I have done GA, I have been able to take things back to the car before we go in. Thoughts?

Also, it says something about wrist bands. I hope Qwest doesn't screw this up!

By the way, this is my first post :) 6th time seeing U2. I'll be there tomorrow morning. I live just about a mile from the Stadium. If there is any sound check tonight, I should hear it from my condo.

Anyone know if U2 are in town yet?

From what I understand, someone confirmed with Qwest and everything should be ok. The wristbands are given INSIDE after we are allowed in at 5pm, just to be the visual for security to know that we are GA. I'm certain we can't go back to our cars and whatnot at that point, but I don't see why all day you couldn't make mini trips if you needed to. I mean, how else are we going to use the bathroom, etc?

PS Welcome! I'm a newbie too, only joined like, two days ago? Or something? See you tomorrow!

Oh fun, people are already in line! Can't wait to join you all later today. You have to get some mini donuts if you go to the Pike Place Market. It's a paper bag of yummy goodness!

Oh fun, people are already in line! Can't wait to join you all later today. You have to get some mini donuts if you go to the Pike Place Market. It's a paper bag of yummy goodness!

You need to try a pierogi from "pierogi pierogi". Meat/Onion for meal, but for a real tasty treat, try the Apple Cinnamon Pirogi.

Also, as a side-note: is there anybody else out there going solo via Redzone to the Seattle show? I'm hoping to avoid that situation by getting an extra ticket. But in case I have no luck, it'd be great to have someone to hang with in the same situation. Let me know: the more, the merrier! :)

Hey bud, I'm going solo in RZ1 myself. :wave:

I thought I saw something about the cam on u2.com

*goes to check*

"The U2360° FANCAM imaging is executed about fifteen minutes after the support act has left the stage - you will see a camera set up at the downstage area during this time and if you see the photographer rotating the camera, raise your hands towards the centre of the stage to get in the shot as it's taken! Make it a special 360° live moment to keep and share with your friends!"

Think I'll bring my daughter so she can see what the line is like. She's 10 and going GA, but will be in the back with my most-responsible friend :wink:

I wish I could bring my daughter, but she's only 5 and would be A) Overtired by showtime, and B) Trampled I'm sure. But she's super impressed by U2's set designs (she's seen most of their concert vids) and likes their music.

Maybe next time!

pdxracer said:
U2 360 Fan Cam ..

Do they let the crowd know when they are shooting the photo so we can all wave to the camera?

He is hard to miss if you are looking at the stage. But he won't say "everybody look and smile". The people very close to the stage had an advantage.

I wasn't even looking at the camera, but the expressions of others were hilarious.

so what are the line rules as of right now? are they numbering for a morning return?

Just came by to say SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh and :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

You out of towners are so LUCKY! Bono and the guys brought this beautiful sunshine ... it's a RARITY in this city! I was hoping for no rain, and look we get the best possible weather you can have here... 75 CLEAR! You can see the mountains! I hope you guys get to enjoy the views while you are here!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::rockon:

We've just made it back to Seattle - dropped off the rental and checked into our hotel. Soon going to take a walk down to Qwest Field... See you there or at the pub!

313172496.jpg

There ya go!

Hard to tell where that's at... body of water looks too large to be Puget Sound

orca said:
I wish I could bring my daughter, but she's only 5 and would be A) Overtired by showtime, and B) Trampled I'm sure. But she's super impressed by U2's set designs (she's seen most of their concert vids) and likes their music.

Maybe next time!

I'm bringing my two boys (8 & 10) to the concert. U2 GA rocks! My boys went with me to Las Vegas 2 yrs ago on the outer rail The Edge's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom