June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four more days! Rock and rollercoasters in nw Ohio today. Detroit (Lathrup Village) with the parents through Saturday. U2 with the girlfriend, U2-scholar sister-in-law, & big brother (who took me to my first concerts like Rush, Rolling Stones, & ELO back in the day) on Sunday!

EVERYONE GOING SUNDAY:

Spartan Stadium just started a "no bag" policy. Ladies, no purses of ANY SORT. I just called MI myself. Nothing but what can fit in your pocket and that WILL be searched at the gates.

...this is the wrong time of the month for this to be happening to me. :angry:

HEY LADIES!

Seeing as how purses are now "prohibited" at spartan stadium, but a 1-gallon clear ziploc bag "for medical purposes" IS, how about we all bring a giant bag full of tampons to the show!?!?:lol:

Could you imagine the rent-a-cops' faces when female after female brings in a huge bag of tampons?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Better yet, during MoS, when Bono says, "hold out your cell phone", we all hold up our bags of tampons!!

What idiotic stadium declares a "no purse" policy?? :doh:

Okay guys, I'm trying to make this the most memorable U2 concert for me, since this is the first time I'm seeing them live. I have some questions all you veterans of this sort of thing that you may be able to help me with. We have lower bowl seats in section 21, row 30ish, and we were planning on buying some GA tickets too, just to see how close we could get to the front by the stage. We were planning on lining up at around 5 am just to see what we could do. If we couldn't get close enough to the front of the stage, we would just say screw it and then go sit in our other seats. Is this possible? Or is this considered to be kind of cheap? Now for instance, we don't do this whole GA ticket thing, me and my Mum (I'm only 18, and a huge U2/The Edge fanatic) were going to try and catch a glimpse of them before the show. My Dad and my Step-Mom saw U2 last year in Toronto, and they were lucky to be able to spot Bono and Adam (couldn't see the Edge or Larry) out signing a few autographs and whatnot before getting into their SUV and heading into the stadium. Any suggestions as to which entrance they'll be entering in? I have never been to Spartan Stadium (I live in Canada) and have no idea which entrance seems most fit for them to come through. And my last question is something that worries me a little. I was looking at pictures of the Stadium on MSU's website, and it appears that there really isnt seats, but more like benches. People are gonna be standing on them and its gonna be really hard to keep track of where our actual seats are and I can definitely see some people trying to push their way down in the bowl trying to get better seats... Hope someone can help me here! Can't freakin' wait! 4 more!!!!!!!!

Okay guys, I'm trying to make this the most memorable U2 concert for me, since this is the first time I'm seeing them live. I have some questions all you veterans of this sort of thing that you may be able to help me with. We have lower bowl seats in section 21, row 30ish, and we were planning on buying some GA tickets too, just to see how close we could get to the front by the stage. We were planning on lining up at around 5 am just to see what we could do. If we couldn't get close enough to the front of the stage, we would just say screw it and then go sit in our other seats. Is this possible? Or is this considered to be kind of cheap? Now for instance, we don't do this whole GA ticket thing, me and my Mum (I'm only 18, and a huge U2/The Edge fanatic) were going to try and catch a glimpse of them before the show. My Dad and my Step-Mom saw U2 last year in Toronto, and they were lucky to be able to spot Bono and Adam (couldn't see the Edge or Larry) out signing a few autographs and whatnot before getting into their SUV and heading into the stadium. Any suggestions as to which entrance they'll be entering in? I have never been to Spartan Stadium (I live in Canada) and have no idea which entrance seems most fit for them to come through. And my last question is something that worries me a little. I was looking at pictures of the Stadium on MSU's website, and it appears that there really isnt seats, but more like benches. People are gonna be standing on them and its gonna be really hard to keep track of where our actual seats are and I can definitely see some people trying to push their way down in the bowl trying to get better seats... Hope someone can help me here! Can't freakin' wait! 4 more!!!!!!!!

Interesting plan - good luck with it. MSU says GA line up can begin at 7am . . . so not sure where you will go at 5 am. Also the policy from MSU says that once on the field, there is no access to the rest of the stadium. I suppose since you used your GA, you could leave and then re-enter on your seat tickets - seems like a waste of money, but to each their own.

Either way - good luck and it's coming up soon!

Four more days! Rock and rollercoasters in nw Ohio today. Detroit (Lathrup Village) with the parents through Saturday. U2 with the girlfriend, U2-scholar sister-in-law, & big brother (who took me to my first concerts like Rush, Rolling Stones, & ELO back in the day) on Sunday!

Very cool - we were at Cedar Point last Friday and have my mother in town from Tucson. Then off to Chicago for 4th of July . . maybe I'll find a GA ticket for that one somewhere along the line . . .

Woot - it's coming up!

We bought seats, and yeah, it's "benches" rather than seats, so I am hoping people will be respectful and not push and shove. We're taking our 5 yr old with us and want this to be a great experience for him.

From the two shows I've attended in the past (Pittsburgh on Vertigo, and Tampa on 360), the fans are generally wonderful, so I am hoping all these last-minute policy changes won't dampen anyone's mood.

You know all these "no parking until 3pm", "no purses", etc, policies are being put in place simply to 'single out' the U2 fans. These policies are all BRAND NEW and will probably disappear on June 27th. I say we all do what we do best and roll as one big happy fanbase. Rent-a-cops, beware! The U2 crowd is here!

Same. Here. :angry:

But only more 4 days and according to weather.com 75 degrees and partly cloudy. Good job, Michigan. :D

And to the person who wants to make it memorable: You don't have to try. It'll be memorable no matter what!

Sounds like MSU thinks we are all hooligans.
I expect that treatment from U of M, not MSU.
Maybe I should wear my Ohio State t-shirt to the show.

I have a buckeye necklace from OSU...hubby and I are considering wearing them!

And hubby read something that said that the ziploc bag carriers must use a "special needs" entrance. WTF.

I'm taking a purse. I mean, really? No purses? I've never heard of ANYWHERE that a small purse can't be taken in. They're being lazy campus security and don't want to have to check anything. Screw them. The U2 train is coming and they better get the hell outta the way! :lol:

EVERYONE GOING SUNDAY:

Spartan Stadium just started a "no bag" policy. Ladies, no purses of ANY SORT. I just called MI myself. Nothing but what can fit in your pocket and that WILL be searched at the gates.

With my luck that will be my problem too :sad:. I'm thinking of turning up wiht my purse, show them my Ontario license and pretending I only speak french: " uhh, I didnzt know uh.." I could probably pull it off :hmm:

Love the tampon idea too :lol:

With my luck that will be my problem too :sad:. I'm thinking of turning up wiht my purse, show them my Ontario license and pretending I only speak french: " uhh, I didnzt know uh.." I could probably pull it off :hmm:

Love the tampon idea too :lol:

Mr CK and I are driving in from OH but still have our FL licenses (they're good until 2013 so why get new ones, right?) so I'm taking a small clutch purse and only putting my wallet, tampons, and tissues in it. What's the worst that happens? I hold up the line because I have a purse? THAT WILL HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT because with a crowd of 80,000+, it is impossible to think that that many ppl are going to read stadium policies online, especially concerning something as everyday as a PURSE. :lol:

I had NO trouble hauling my big-ass Bono Rolling Stone bag into Tampa's Raymond James Stadium in '09. I had a change of clothes in there for heaven's sake! All security did was take a minute and paw through it and hand it back! It would have taken longer to take it away from me!:huh:

Sounds like MSU thinks we are all hooligans.
I expect that treatment from U of M, not MSU.
Maybe I should wear my Ohio State t-shirt to the show.

YES!! Please wear your THE Ohio State University shirt! We are coming up from Columbus and Cleveland so any BUckeye love is AWESOME love!:wave:

I just received a tweet saying that U2 will probably be playing to a half empty stadium because women will be taking their purses back to their cars! LOL! Imagine telling thousands of women this!! This has not been a policy anywhere else!

I just received a tweet saying that U2 will probably be playing to a half empty stadium? I know Michigan isn't the most awesome place as seeing as I am a Buckeye but is that true? A half empty stadium? Does anyone have anymore news on this?

Hold on.

Was that PART TWO of my rant against MSU security? Here's what I just tweeted out...

Can't wait until the @michiganstateu security tells 1000s of women they weren't allowed to bring their purse. Not a policy ANYWHERE else.

Assume @michiganstateu has already warned U2 they will be playing to a half-empty stadium while they all take their purses back 2 their car?

The no purse/bag thing sounds really lame.

Apparently Michigan always has different rules because they only place where they wouldn't let GA line up the night before during Vertigo. There's a bar/restaurant across from whatever arena they played at that let us camp out overnight in their parking lot. The arena let us come over sometime mid morning/early afternoon. It was the biggest nightmare because even though we had a system going in the parking lot once everyone darted across the street to the arena, you had a new spot because no one honored the original line. I still ended up with a rail spot but it was just a really stressful day for no reason.

I say take the damn purses anyways. There are 80,000 fans going to MI on Sunday. Do they really think they can enforce something as stupid as a no purse rule?

I can see a policy restricting backpacks or larger bags/purses. But a small purse should be allowed. End of discussion. It's sexist and it's profiling and I intend to tell every major newspaper in the Lansing area that via an editorial.

YES!! Please wear your THE Ohio State University shirt! We are coming up from Columbus and Cleveland so any BUckeye love is AWESOME love!:wave:

If I don't I'll at least roll up my sleeve and have my Ohio tattoo showing.

I have a friend who bought seats for the show, I had to let her know about the no purse thing. She's mostly going for the opener. I'd hate for her, or anyone, to miss part of the show because if this no purse crap.

Thankfully I bought pants with lots of pockets last week, so I can just stuff everything in there.

I'm wondering if there is a "no jacket" policy because I can tie a jacket around my waist and stuff those pockets full.

Also, does "no bags" mean we wont get bags at the souvenir stands? :lol:

Tweet complaints to @michiganstateu
I'm also considering telling @360fromtheedge about the unfair policies regarding their female fans at this stadium. :mac:
Nothing like telling the band how shitty the venue they're letting host them is treating the fans. :hmm:

My tweet:
ClaytonsKitten @michiganstateu - so, where exactly should the 1000s of women coming in for the #U2360 show put our tampons since u arent allowing purses?

Also, if anyone wants to CALL the stadium, scroll down and call the LOCAL number listed here, not the 800 number.
http://www.msuspartans.com/tickets/msu-tickets.html#

I'm wondering if there is a "no jacket" policy because I can tie a jacket around my waist and stuff those pockets full.

Also, does "no bags" mean we wont get bags at the souvenir stands? :lol:

Tweet complaints to @michiganstateu
I'm also considering telling @360fromtheedge about the unfair policies regarding their female fans at this stadium. :mac:
Nothing like telling the band how shitty the venue they're letting host them is treating the fans. :hmm:

My tweet:
ClaytonsKitten @michiganstateu - so, where exactly should the 1000s of women coming in for the #U2360 show put our tampons since u arent allowing purses?

Nice job. They are being ridiculous. Our crew is doing hardcore GA and we're not risking some draconian stadium policy to take our purses. That being said, I'm not happy about having to cater to their shit either, it's outrageous.

Nice job. They are being ridiculous. Our crew is doing hardcore GA and we're not risking some draconian stadium policy to take our purses. That being said, I'm not happy about having to cater to their shit either, it's outrageous.

Odds are if enough people complain between now and Sunday, they'll remove it. It's stupid. Just plain stupid and us females should not have to suffer for it.

I'm considering calling the local tv/radio/newspapers in MI and bitching about it. Nothing like making the security team look like a bunch of sexist pigs, right? :mac:

Odds are if enough people complain between now and Sunday, they'll remove it. It's stupid. Just plain stupid and us females should not have to suffer for it.

I'm considering calling the local tv/radio/newspapers in MI and bitching about it. Nothing like making the security team look like a bunch of sexist pigs, right? :mac:

Do itttt!

And keep us posted, whatever you do :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom