June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
y'all will be happy to know that I'm giving Muse another chance to impress me. They're headlining a big festival here in Tucson (KFMA Day, if anyone's interested) with 30 Seconds to Mars and Silver Sun Pickups

y'all will be happy to know that I'm giving Muse another chance to impress me. They're headlining a big festival here in Tucson (KFMA Day, if anyone's interested) with 30 Seconds to Mars and Silver Sun Pickups

Well I'm jealous. I haven't seen them since they played Reading festival in 2002. Loved 'Sunburn', back in the day, cool song.

Absolution! That's what you need.

^ ummm,...... ask my employer. well, my boss is really cool, & i'm actually his boss for the winter (weird), so he'd probably be ok. but it's still all up in the air, june's so far away, & between Anaheim & Oakland, it's just a bit too long to be just chilling, when I should be starting a new job. we'll see :hmm:

For any of you in town Sunday the 13th, and if there is interest, I can take a few of you around San Francisco. Right now I'm leaning toward driving into the city and ditching the car in one place. Then everyone can take muni/BART around to various places. A few of us are also doing Alcatraz that evening.

The Alcatraz trip sounds great, if there's space for one more. I remember watching the movie on a black n white portable telly in my bedroom in the 80s and not having a clue what was going on cos it's a pretty dark movie anyway.

it looks like tickets go on sale for that week next week. I would not wait more than two or three weeks to get them, because they sell out fast in the summer. (only one company does trips to the island, the other just float you around it.)

skip the ferries. BART is best.

Disagree, but, this was not about imposing my opinion on the situation, it was about sharing information.

Also, they were asking how to get to the Embarcadero from Jack London Square, and for that, the ferry is a great and fun option. BART reeks of corpse, puke and pachouli. That being said, I'll leave it up to them to decide, obviously.

vjacqb, take a look at that link and at the BART map, etc, and decide what you deem best. At the end of the day, obviously, none of them are "best", they all get you where you want to go, it's just about how you want to get there.

Enjoy the area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom