June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zooey, you guys should come. It would be so much fun. Anyone else is welcome too.

Can anyone suggest for me a good place to look for a hotel in San Francisco? :hmm: My daughters and I will be driving up from San Diego on the 15th. I think we'll stay in SF and drive to the show, but we don't know anything about the city. I just don't want to choose an area that might be considered not the safest part of town since we are unfamiliar with the city. Any suggestions at all are appreciated. :)

anyone else, up to a total of five. Any above that and we'll need another car.

um... you know you can't drive to Alcatraz, right? :wink:

My family and I are going to spend the whole week doing touristy stuff that we never get to do b/c we're busy visiting family so I'll ask Mr.Z if he (and the little one) want to go to Alcatraz. We're spending one whole day in the park too (the new natural history museum and the deYoung :drool: ) If we do join you for the Alcatraz trip, we'll get ourselves down to the pier via MUNI.

I was thinking the Alcatraz night tour would eb fun.... and if I can drive my car to Alcatraz, we might get a discount on the your.:shifty:

Sweet! I just saw that the new Science/ Natural History museum opened - can't wait. And it's right next to the deYoung. The arboritum is near there too, makes for a nice day in the park. Then you can go over to the old fashioned carousel and near there is a huge cement slide that you go down with cardboard... i foresee spending awhile on that. :hyper:

Yeah, Laura, if you've got the time I recommend spending a day in Golden Gate Park. From there you can easily take a bus to Haight/Ashbury or out to Ocean Beach. Give me a call (or PM) if you're interested in spending the day with me and Mr. Z and the little one (we'll probably have a car too).

Hey Bonocomet, Union Square is a good area, and if you decide you want to take BART to the show it's easy to get to from there.

There are many good hotels. rather than giving advice, why don't you tell us where you are thinking of staying and we will tell you whether to book or move on?

Hey Bonocomet, Union Square is a good area, and if you decide you want to take BART to the show it's easy to get to from there.

There are many good hotels. rather than giving advice, why don't you tell us where you are thinking of staying and we will tell you whether to book or move on?

Thanks you guys :)

Currently I have no plans to stay anywhere because I don't know the city at all and didn't even know where to begin looking. I was probably just going to choose something that wasn't cheap since it might mean it's in a safer area :shrug: So I really do appreciate the advice. So Union Square is a good idea then? :hmm: Thanks! We will have a car, but good to know the BART is there too.

If you're not staying over the weekend, Fisherman's Wharf hotels tend to be cheaper than the ones on Union Square or Embarcadero area. You can always catch a cable car or the F-line streetcar (which I love!) to Powell St or Embarcadero to catch the BART. Although I don't know how late they run for after the concert...

So is the consensus pretty much don't stay in Oakland? I was thinking of staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Oakland...

check out tripadvisor.com for recommendations too. Also anywhere you stay in san fran charges 25-30 a day just to park your car. I personally love the palace hotel south of market. You can sometimes get deals under 100.

Oh and if anyone is staying in San Francisco, I really recommend you do NOT drive into the stadium. BART will take you straight to the stadium, you do not even have to get out on the street level in Oakland as there is an elevated walkway straight to the coliseum entrance.

^ Don't you want that kind of band for a U2 concert? That way you conserve your energy for the real show.

nah. the better the opener the better the oevrall show. In NY I though Muse were just as good as U2. No Doubt on Elevation was also lots of fun. And many will disagree, but I loved Institute in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom