June 12, 2010 Invesco Field, Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
every time there's a new post here, i cross my fingers hoping it's news about a 2nd show

:sigh:

-dan

To romi and to add to floweravalanche,
The open end of the Mile Hi stadium looks South (semi-urban city lights and a power plant). floweravalanche is correct that ticketmaster has the stage at the South end of the field. Downtown is immediately to the East and mountains are several miles to the West. If you look at photos of the stadium you will see it is sculpted, scalloped with high ridges that will partially block East and West. I guess your best chance for a better view might be in the high seats of the NE corner (eg section 527) therefore facing the stage and some of the receding mountain range to one side.
Denver has enough tech companies here that the satellite/aerial imaging from the popular sites is pretty sharp. If you want mountain views without much time to waste I recommend a short trip to Red Rocks or Mt Evans.
It's a great town and should be a great time of year but I just don't wish people to be disappointed. Some international tourists I've met say they landed at the Denver airport and were shocked to see it was surrounded by what looked like Kansas with cheap suburbs (instead of ski slopes).
Cheers!

i hope the stadium won't still be stinking from the bronco's performance yesterday

-dan

Just booked 6/11 and 6/12 at the Hotel VQ, literally next door to Invesco Field, at the north end where GA ticketholders will line up and enter. Booked through "Easyclicktravel.com" for <$60/night. If you are holding GA tix and need a hotel, this is the only place to stay.

where were you a month ago?

i'm paying $238 total for the 12th and 13th

-dan

Just happened to google around, on a whim, and jumped on it. Will be nice to have a place nearby for breaks from the GA line (which I will be in at the 7AM starting time!).

I brought all my own food and what not for Phoenix a great friend from here gave me and my friend a foamed cooler,so we can stick snacks and water in it and it helped a bunch and it was easy to just trow it out before the show. I'll do the same for Denver. For Denver I recommend lots and lots of water because of the altitude, and because in June it can get pretty hot as well.

I got my GA today! I bought it for face value here. So excited!:hyper: Now let's hope I have my drivers license by then so I don't have to hitch a ride or take the bus north. Either way I'm excited!:hyper:

Just booked 6/11 and 6/12 at the Hotel VQ, literally next door to Invesco Field, at the north end where GA ticketholders will line up and enter.

We're booked in at the VQ as well. We will be driving in from Anaheim (via a bit of a road trip thru AZ and UT) and the room costs are at least offset by the $40+ they apparently charge for parking there on game days! The bar at the top might provide a view of the claw and sounds good for a drink.

This hotel used to be the biggest dive in Denver, but it has a new name, new ownership and, presumably, undergone a renovation. I'm thinking they might be keeping prices low until they gain a better reputation. Sounds like a good opportunity for a deal. It's certainly close. You could literally throw a rock from the roof of the hotel into the stadium.

I've been debating if I'm going to get a hotel or not for at lest the night of the show, I'm only about 45mins-1hour away from Denver, but Id on't know if I could drive alone at night. Unless I find a GA for my friend, than I could stay with her, but that isn't looking well right now. So looks like I may go by myself. At lest I won't be at a city I never been to alone.

I just booked at that hotel mentioned above for the 10th-13th. I'm flying in from Anaheim, so I'm can get a little siteseeing done the days before the show.

I just booked at that hotel mentioned above for the 10th-13th. I'm flying in from Anaheim, so I'm can get a little siteseeing done the days before the show.

That's good. There will be quite a group of us staying there by the sounds of it. Interferencer's (if thats the right word) taking over the place!

HOTEL VQ UPDATE!!

For anyone interested in staying at the Hotel VQ in June for the U2 concert, you should call the hotel directly ASAP as it is almost sold out. June 12, 2010 is not available on the Expedia or Orbitz websites. So I called the hotel directly this morning and there are a few smoking rooms still available. So I made a reservation - they will need a credit card to hold the room but will not charge your card (unless you don't show up). The price is $139 per night.

The numbers are (800) 388-5351 or (303) 433-8331.

Good luck - we will see you at the concert!

geez...:| Well... Worst comes to worst I can stay somewhere else, if I don't decide to drive back. There are still a couple good hotels near by. So I'm not to worried.

There's no deposit required, just a credit card guarantee to make the reservation. If you decide not to stay you can just cancel the reservation up to a couple of days before the show.

I might have to cancel a night at that hotel if a Salt Lake City date is announced. I'm booked for the 10th- 13th and SLC maybe on the 8th or 9th or 10th.

There's no deposit required, just a credit card guarantee to make the reservation. If you decide not to stay you can just cancel the reservation up to a couple of days before the show.

Yeah I'll have to look into that, I'm just up in the air with it because I only live 60-90mins depending on the traffic, from Denver right now, and if I'm able to work out some stuff at the school I want to transfer to in Denver I may not need a hotel in Denver. Why I haven't jumped the gun yet.

But thanks for the info! :)

We've got seats immediately behing the stage (sect. 132 row 40). Is anyone familiar with Invesco Field? Will we get a decent view from row 40?

Really looking forward to seeing Denver, only past experience was a one hour refuelling stop back in '92, now finally get to visit properly and see the Rockies up close.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom