July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is going to be the Party Hotel, I might have to stay elsewhere. I can't have my parents yelling at you all to keep it down at 3 in the morning. :wink:

:shifty:There are going to be a lot of us there!:shifty:

Maybe we could just stay on a different floor!:wink:

Being a hotel on a college campus, I'm guessing the staff either has a great handle on rowdiness or really doesn't give a shit.

:hmm:

Doesn't give a shit. :up:

I find that I am on such a high after a U2 concert, that I need to do something fun!!:hyper: So many of us are going to be there, it would be great to celebrate together! If it stays the closer, could you imagine the celebrating we would need to do?:shifty::shifty::shifty:

I am.:D

I've already booked three nights at the nearby Radisson on Washington Ave just in case the Days Inn sells out faster than the Montreal shows.:shifty:

HBK..wow you are doing a lot of shows! Hopefully I will see you in Toronto. Did you get the Renaissance in TO?:hmm:

HBK..wow you are doing a lot of shows! Hopefully I will see you in Toronto. Did you get the Renaissance in TO?:hmm:

Yes, I did.:) But here's the thing-

I initially reserved one of those rooms that face the inside of the stadium- for $400 CAD per night!:ohmy:

I first thought to myself "Maybe I could catch a glimpse of the CLAW from my hotel room before they put the drapes up".:hmm:

But today the Renaissance called me and told me that the drapes will up the ENTIRE weekend and long after I check out.:doh:

Now I have to change my reservation to get a "cheaper" rate, which most likely will be $300 CAD per night.:sigh:

But hopefully, I can get a room on the same floor with all you TO-bound Blue Crackers.:applaud:

(BTW, I still need a GA for Anaheim 2.;))

We got the $209 rate before they realized what was happening. At least the hotel called you to let you know. That really sucks though!:angry: I am sure we will see you there!! I will post in here as soon as I can make reservations for the Days Inn. I am almost at the point of OCD about this now!:lol:

Ok, so I want to hurl right now. I go onto Daysinn.com, and the dates finally pop up. I am on right at midnight. The hotel comes up saying that there are no rooms available!:angry: So I call the 800 number, and they say that it isn't showing as sold out in they system, just that the prices are not in the system yet. I phone the hotel directly, and some stoner guy answers. He says he doesn't know how to check prices...Hellooooooooooooo, you work at a hotel buddy!!!!!!! So now he recommends that I phone the sales department tomorrow. This stinks of a MAJOR price hike!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:gah::gah::gah::panic::panic::panic::banghead::banghead::banghead:

They're going to catch me in their trap. I need to be close so I can carry my stuff back to the room from the line, so I'll pay for that convenience.

I hate that :fist:

I tried to go to bed, but I can't sleep!!! What if the hotel is already booked by some big group or something! :angry: I hate this! Damn Days Inn!:gah:
They have the rate for the 22 at $129. WTF!!!

K...I feel better now!:wink:

Val, worst case scenario, we get a hotel further out, and you can put your things in my trunk. We are driving there!:hug:

I'll be driving too, if anyone needs to borrow a trunk. Hell, I could probably take a couple people back to their hotel if you're ending up staying downtown or somewhere else.

I am so happy right now. I called the Days Inn and asked to speak to someone in sales. The rates for that night are not available yet, but if you call, they will put yu on a waiting list, and then call you when the rates are available. The person said that there are only about 20 on the waiting list so far!! What a relief!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

It might not be a bad plan (like the other smart folks here have done) to make a reservation at the Radisson, too, just in case the Days Inn falls through.

Those really are the only 2 hotels that are walking distance.

I am so happy right now. I called the Dys Inn and asked to speak to someone in sales. The rates for that night are not available yet, but if you call, they will put yu on a waiting list, and then call you when the rates are available. The person said that there are only about 20 on the waiting list so far!! What a relief!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

heehee, I'm also on the waiting list and keep checking my phone to see if anyone called....something else to obsess about!

It might not be a bad plan (like the other smart folks here have done) to make a reservation at the Radisson, too, just in case the Days Inn falls through.

Those really are the only 2 hotels that are walking distance.

I checked the rates for the Radisson, and I was not impressed. If I can't get the convenience of having easy access to my hotel with my GA things, then there really isn't much point. I don't want to be walking 10 minutes to put my GA things away. If that is what it comes down to, I will stay further away, and drive to the stadium. At least that way I have my trunk to stash things in quickly. :wink: I will not be devastated if I am not up really close for this one.

sucks about the rates. but that's what the hotels do when something big comes to town :down:

Just called the Days Inn and got on the waiting list :D

I love how I didn't even have to say the dates I needed. I just said I'm trying to book a room for July of next summer and I was told there was a waiting list for the dates I need, and the girl was like "Oh you need for the U2 weekend right??" :lol:
She said I should be getting a call in a few weeks when the dates open up.

Kristen, did you tell her you want to book for the Friday and the Saturday? She was great on the phone this morning! I am sure she will be getting many calls from Interferencers today!:lol:

I am glad you got on the waiting list too!:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom