July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, that weather SUCKED. My friend and I pulled into Portland the night before as the ice storm hit, and that was really hairy. I almost didn't even make it up the slight incline of the hotel parking lot! :crazy:

I swear the weather was beautiful all the way from Seattle to just before the Washington/Oregon border, and then all hell broke loose. That was not fun.

I lasted about 20 minutes in the GA line the next morning before saying "fuck this" and going back to the hotel. I enjoyed the show from the soundboard just fine.

I lasted about 20 minutes in the GA line the next morning before saying "fuck this" and going back to the hotel. I enjoyed the show from the soundboard just fine.

LOL, EXACTLY. We got in line around 10 or 11 AM, stood out there for about 20 - 30 minutes and gave up. I think we came back around 3:30, and even that was just a stupid idea. If you go to the show sick, it tends to be less fun.

I got there at about 7 in the morning and didn't go back until about 6 - my friend had a ticket she had to pick up at will call, but because it was under "the band," she couldn't pick it up until then.

We were a little antsy, because she didn't know whose name her ticket was under, so it was a huge relief when she came running back over to me waving her ticket in the air. The lady at will call earlier was all "I can't find your name here - are you sure it isn't reserved under the band's tickets?" My friend and I were all ".... uh ..... I don't know!"

(When Bono had come around our office the previous fall, her boss had met their tour manager or something, and he was able to get her a ticket, so it was indeed under "the band"!)

A lot of people were dumping their umbrellas in this pile before going in - funnily enough, most of them appeared to still be there on the way out, so I guess that worked out well for most people.

/cool story bro

I got there at about 7 in the morning and didn't go back until about 6 - my friend had a ticket she had to pick up at will call, but because it was under "the band," she couldn't pick it up until then.

We were a little antsy, because she didn't know whose name her ticket was under, so it was a huge relief when she came running back over to me waving her ticket in the air. The lady at will call earlier was all "I can't find your name here - are you sure it isn't reserved under the band's tickets?" My friend and I were all ".... uh ..... I don't know!"

(When Bono had come around our office the previous fall, her boss had met their tour manager or something, and he was able to get her a ticket, so it was indeed under "the band"!)

A lot of people were dumping their umbrellas in this pile before going in - funnily enough, most of them appeared to still be there on the way out, so I guess that worked out well for most people.

/cool story bro

Well, *I* thought it was cool. ;)

okay. just thought of this

if all the cool people go to minneapolis, can we all consider that the tour closer?

i still think pasadena ended the 2nd leg. vancouver never happened.

As I will be with my parents, giving them a U2 education, I think by default that knocks me down to the uncool group.

I'll have to really work to earn a high level of cool status in Seattle to keep me going.

okay. just thought of this

if all the cool people go to minneapolis, can we all consider that the tour closer?

i still think pasadena ended the 2nd leg. vancouver never happened.

:up:

Exactly.

You Days Inn fanatics are going to have a blast. I'm curious if there is a more convenient hotel to a stadium anywhere on the 360 Tour.

Anyone who knows me even a little should know that I don't care one whit about whether people think I'm "cool" or not. :)

Exactly.

You Days Inn fanatics are going to have a blast. I'm curious if there is a more convenient hotel to a stadium anywhere on the 360 Tour.

Days Inn ftw!!! :hyper:

I think the only hotel that might be more convenient is the Renaissance in Toronto, which is right beside the GA line!:wink:

Exactly.

Indeed there is.... the Marriott at Rogers Centre in Toronto which is literally INSIDE the stadium they play at (and I have a room booked too - WIN!)

EDIT: Just read your post ryancoke... :p

Last edited:
Anyone who knows me even a little should know that I don't care one whit about whether people think I'm "cool" or not. :)

Yes.

I was kidding.

(I do care whether my nephews think I'm cool. It will come crashing down someday, but for now there are a couple of 11-year-olds who think I'm pretty cool.)

good uncles will always be cool no matter how old you and your nephews get

Well, we do have the last party weekend of the North American leg!:hyper:

There will be partying, right???:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom