July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^I can't see your picture since I'm at work... would love to check it out.

Koukla, I don't know if there's any shade at all where we're going to be lining up. You might as well bring umbrellas or hats, or something to give you shade. Closer to the date you can check the weather forecast. Make sure you have plenty of water because temperature is going to be hot.

And one thing I always tell a newbie: bring water (if we're allowed) or money to buy water inside, as well as a small snack (energy bars work really well). I've never had any problems with stadiums allowing us to bring a snack inside. Because you will be standing inside for about 6 hours from the time they let us in to the end of the show. You might not feel hungry when you're lining up because you're full of adrenaline, but after you get your spot, your adrenaline wears off fast until right before showtime. Some people might be able to go through the whole time without any food/water, but to be on the safe side, if you're new to the whole experience, there's no harm in having a snack handy with you. The last thing we want is someone getting sick or fainting from lack of water/food. :)

Hi everybody,

So I think I've figured out by looking at our tickets, that the GA Line will enter in the "South Tunnel" of the stadium on Jess Neely Dr. I'm assuming this because on all the GA Tickets I've seen they say "S Tunnel" where other reserved seat tickets have a "gate" area. This makes sense because the tunnel is where the football players run onto the field during games...it would take fans directly to the front of the claw.

I'm trying to figure out where the actual line will go from there though. The only thing I can come up with would be it'd probably go down to the East side of the stadium, down Jess Neely past the baseball field and then up 25th avenue south. I don't think it could go to the west side because it would eventually get smack into the the area where they probably will have it blocked off to load stuff in on the north side. Or perhaps I'm overthinking how long it will end up being...anyway, here's a pic of what I'm thinking. Man I hope they say something soon about it.

-michael mitchell
5818735079_4ae1a3fe1b_o.jpg

Hmmmmmm.....thanks for this. How about the entrance for those of us who have GA but won't be arriving 'til about 7 p.m. Do you think we all have to enter the field the same place?

All I know is that I have a bed since I reserved the room. I will let the others cage fight it for their spot.

:takes fight stance: I will give you ladies fair warning - I watch MMA on a regular basis & am pretty sure I've picked up some pointers. So who's gonna' face off with me in the cage for one of the hotel beds? :ohmy:

:lmao:

3:45 to sydney, another 13:35 to la, and rounded off with a casual 3:49 to memphis.

way better than via melbourne, which is 4:00, 14:30 and then the same the rest of the way.

it'll be worse going home.

Oh Boy,,,that does sound rough! we are just looking at flights to travel to Auckland in Feb/march of 2012...I had a really hard time convincing my husband that the flight to Hawaii was no big deal...he will really need to be convinced of tis flight!:huh:

Getting a room at the Holiday Inn...

thanks! I will check it out!

...and when checking out if the Holiday Inn-Vanderbilt has rooms, be sure to search for 2+ nights!!

If you search for a room and only use the date of 7/2 (one night only), you will get a message that there are no rooms. :angry:

You will have to reserve more than one night to snag a reservation! :shifty:

Looking forward to the show!
This is the closest show to us in Savannah.
Gonna make a fun trip for us.
Can't wait!
Could not get a room close so we had to get one all the way over by Hwy 24 at the Ramada Limited @ the Staduim/Downtown. I'll cancel it if I can find a good room closer but don't expect that to happen. Don't want to shell out $300 for a room. I'm cheap like that! : )
Fred

Really trying to talk myself into this show. Can't really afford it, but it looks like I might be able to do it on the cheap. Heard there were cheap tickets floating around the parking lot for the Oakland show. Hoping I can find something at Nashville.

It's a 10-hour-drive which I did for the Denver Vertigo shows in '05. Wasn't really even considering a show on this leg but I'm kind of digging the setlist changes.

All I Want Is You > Stay :drool:

I was able to find a closer room within walking distance!! Yeah!! I can party down now!!
We will now be 6 Blocks from the stadium. Staying at the Guesthouse Inn & Suites At Vanderbilt. It's on the corner of 19th & Haynes. I suppose most of this group will be in the GA Line most of the day. Anyone going to be meeting up anywhere? We'd love to meet some of you.
Fred & Teri Hardin

If any of you see a shirt like this, It's me or my wife! Give us a shout out!
Fred.jpg
[/IMG]

FrednPaulM-1.jpg
[/IMG]

My hair is almost 2 years longer though!
Damned Hippy!! : )

Curious as to why you chose Nashville... do you have family? Or like me, are you just completely enamoured with them playing there?
i'm from memphis (we're engaged :D), though i live in nz now too. we were going to be in the states anyway during this time and i loooove nashville, so it all just worked itself out. :)

Hava a safe trip Khanada Rhodes! My wife's Mom is married to a Kiwi and lives in Whangarei. My wife went to visit here there a couple of years ago and had a Blast. Unfortunately she was unable to visit the South island due to limited vacation time but we hope to one day get over there and see the marvels of it. NZ is an incredible place!

15 more days until U2 takes the stage in Nashville.

If you will be in Nashville we hope you can make it to our U2 PRE concert party/show the night before. It's going to be a great night!

uzoo-banner-2011-show.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom