July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling about this.........

Yeah...I'm beginning to think that the province next door might F*ck this up.

Come on Quebec.....if Ontario and Alberta can get their shit together.....why can't you?

I don't think there's anything to be worried about. There are still 9 months before the concert, and most bands don't announce their tours so far in advance. My guess is that the band's management group is speaking with the Big O managers to see if the roof can be raised or moved and/or where to position the Claw.

The band is probably also looking at the Hippodrome to see what logistics and costs would be required to increase seating capacity.

I don't think there's anything to be worried about. There are still 9 months before the concert, and most bands don't announce their tours so far in advance. My guess is that the band's management group is speaking with the Big O managers to see if the roof can be raised or moved and/or where to position the Claw.

The band is probably also looking at the Hippodrome to see what logistics and costs would be required to increase seating capacity.

I think the only hint we've had is that for a little while the CitiCard Presale listed the Hippodrome as the venue.

FWIW :shrug:

I just want to start planning.

I think the only hint we've had is that for a little while the CitiCard Presale listed the Hippodrome as the venue.

Yeah, wished somebody took a screen shot of it before it disappeared into the black hole of unconfirmed rumours. Definitely know I saw it on the website too!

Personally, I really wanna see the upcoming U2 show at "The Big O" simply because I've never seen a concert there.

Yeah, wished somebody took a screen shot of it before it disappeared into the black hole of unconfirmed rumours. Definitely know I saw it on the website too!

Personally, I really wanna see the upcoming U2 show at "The Big O" simply because I've never seen a concert there.

I got the e-mail and saw it said Hippodrome. But, being unfamiliar with Montreal, it didn't register with me in any way.

The audience noise would be ridiculous, but the music....euh, you'll hear a little bit of U2 mixed in with mostly the reverbarations of the 1977 Pink Floyd show still rattling around the upper deck.

I whipped this up for fun. Claw is scaled fairly accurately.

u2parcjeandrapeau.png

No you don't.

Yes, I do!!! Even though I heard the sound sucks.

The audience noise would be ridiculous, but the music....euh, you'll hear a little bit of U2 mixed in with mostly the reverbarations of the 1977 Pink Floyd show still rattling around the upper deck.

It's this very historic concert attendance record of over 78,000 fans for Pink Floyd in this same venue that makes me want it at the Big O so badly. I've seen U2 enough times at so called "good venues" that I wanna experience it at this infamous place. Along with the madness that happened at the Guns n' Roses concert it's got such a notorious past. I'm really crossing my fingers for the Big O!

I don't know anymore.I mean,yesterday i didn't have a good vibe about it,but then again i say to myself,why would they comfirm the city and the date without knowing if there's a venue to host it? It wouldn't make any sense.They have been so careful in regards of comfirming cities for this tour.Look at Europe,they still haven't comfirm Turin and Zurich even though every indications shows they'll play there next year.

So if they went as far as comfirming that they are coming here next summer with a official date,maybe they're just putting the final dots on how the configuration will be for which ever venue they'll play.

I don't know anymore.I mean,yesterday i didn't have a good vibe about it,but then again i say to myself,why would they comfirm the city and the date without knowing if there's a venue to host it? It wouldn't make any sense.They have been so careful in regards of comfirming cities for this tour.Look at Europe,they still haven't comfirm Turin and Zurich even though every indications shows they'll play there next year.

So if they went as far as comfirming that they are coming here next summer with a official date,maybe they're just putting the final dots on how the configuration will be for which ever venue they'll play.

I have no doubt in a Montreal date. Really, I'm hoping for 2 nights.

Mark

Let's hope that they don't have tickets go on sale without a venue being chosen.

Who wants to be a part of a presale where you don't know WHERE in MTL you're going to see your favourate band.

It's this very historic concert attendance record of over 78,000 fans for Pink Floyd in this same venue that makes me want it at the Big O so badly. I've seen U2 enough times at so called "good venues" that I wanna experience it at this infamous place. Along with the madness that happened at the Guns n' Roses concert it's got such a notorious past. I'm really crossing my fingers for the Big O!

You're the first person that I know of that's so keen to visit that monstrosity of a stadium.

To each their own, but with such high expectations, you will be disappointed. :shrug:

sTaR1ngatTheSuN;6505658It's this very historic concert attendance record of over 78 said:
I'm really crossing my fingers for the Big O!
[/B]

It's also the Floyd show that inspired the writing of The Wall...

Home of the Expos...

Used in The Sum of All Fears (movie)

ticketsnow.com (owned by TM) and a couple of other scalping sites mention Olympic Stadium.

For 2 nights they'd go for 7/16 & 7/17?
NJ on 7/19 which I'm going to. RI-Monteal-NJ. That's a lot of driving. I'd have to go straight to nj without an overnight at home to break it up. Oh well. :)
if it turned out that way I'd do it !

I have a stadium question for those of you familar with the area. It looks as the the stadium is isolated from any hotels in a five-mile radius; is that right? It looks like there's plenty of homes around it. Is it a residential neighborhood?

What's the public transportation like. How easy is it to get from the airport to downtown, and from downtown to the stadium?

I have a stadium question for those of you familar with the area. It looks as the the stadium is isolated from any hotels in a five-mile radius; is that right? It looks like there's plenty of homes around it. Is it a residential neighborhood?

What's the public transportation like. How easy is it to get from the airport to downtown, and from downtown to the stadium?

There's a hotel across the street from the Olympic Park and 2 minutes from the stadium itself:

Auberge Hotel Universel

Getting to downtown from the airport with public transportation is tricky. You're better off paying $10 for a shuttle bus that will bring you to the downtown bus depot located above the Berri-UQAM subway (metro) station.

Getting from the stadium from there couldn't be easier: you hop on the subway at Berri-UQAM on the Green line (Berri is the junction for three subway lines: Yellow, Green, and Orange) in the Honoré-Beaugrand direction, and after about 10-15 stops, you get off at the Pie-IX station. The stadium is directly above that station.

I took a cab for a flat rate ($30-35) from the airport to/from downtown the last couple times I visited a few years ago. The exchange rate was a lot better back then though.

There's a hotel across the street from the Olympic Park and 2 minutes from the stadium itself:

Auberge Hotel Universel

Getting to downtown from the airport with public transportation is tricky. You're better off paying $10 for a shuttle bus that will bring you to the downtown bus depot located above the Berri-UQAM subway (metro) station.

Getting from the stadium from there couldn't be easier: you hop on the subway at Berri-UQAM on the Green line (Berri is the junction for three subway lines: Yellow, Green, and Orange) in the Honoré-Beaugrand direction, and after about 10-15 stops, you get off at the Pie-IX station. The stadium is directly above that station.

thanks. just made a reservation!

Let's hope that they don't have tickets go on sale without a venue being chosen.

Who wants to be a part of a presale where you don't know WHERE in MTL you're going to see your favourate band.

Clearly it would be impossible to sell a show with reserved seating if the venue isn't confirmed or announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom