Japanese CDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purpleoscar

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Does anybody have any experience with Japanese CDs of U2 titles? Do they sound better, or do people just collect them for the packaging?

purpleoscar

I have Pop. I got it because it has Holy Joe on it.
I seriously doubt they sound better. The only difference I've ever heard sound-wise with U2 is between the regular CDs and the Gold Remasters (like the new JT release). Still, the difference is mainly noticeable on a really good stereo system, if you are listening to MP3s, the quality difference is just not there.

Mark---I've bought Japanese releases of Soul Coughing and Jesus Jones for their extra tracks, also.

I would say that Japanese discs are better quality. From my experience, japanese imports have sounded much better than their domestic counterparts. I did notice the difference on Zooropa, which sounded much lower than other albums. I held off on buying Joshua tree, since i knew they'd be re-releasing it eventually. If the album already sounds "loud" like "atomic Bomb" or Pop, you probably won't hear much difference. It's only on the low sounding albums like Zooropa, Joshua Tree, or even Red Rocks where you would hear the difference. This is for most albums in general, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom