It's pushing 100 degreesF.--- I am tempted to SLAP the next person that mutters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm Canadian. Any time I hear people complaining about heat, part of me wants to smack them silly.
biggrin.gif

i enjoy the heat to a large degree, as i always wear all black clothes at the beach.

its just a shame my white makeup smears with the sweat.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

normally it starts getting pretty warm here this time of year too, it's been in the 80's this week, but this weekend it's supposed to be in the 70's!!!! Absolutely delightful weather we've had lately! Hard to believe it's May! I'm going to Scarborough Fair Renaissance Festival this weekend and I can't wait!...for once I won't be all hot and sweaty!!!
biggrin.gif

*gives diamond a nice cold glass of ice tea

long.beach.ice.tea.lg.jpg

*mutters something and looks at the topic
wink.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 05-15-2002).]

Here in South Tejas is hot and muggy. It has not been like that for the last couple of days though. We have had a break. Actually whenever it is hot outside there are two lines from a movie that I really like (am all about movie quotes and movies in general, and use them on a reg basis.)

Here they are D man see if you can guess what it is from. I will give you hint and even tell you the name of the Char saying it.

Private Hudson: We're on an express elevator to hell - going down!
&
Private Hudson: Yeah, but it's a dry heat!

p.s. When I lived in southern CA, AZ, and NV I would hear people say "It's a dry heat though so it is not that bad" I wanted to choke there @sses out.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

it's not nearly as hot here (about 80) but i have a high tolerance for heat. although i like weather like this cuz it's not always hot enough for the air to go on and there's a nice breeze, it sucks cuz water in the pool is freezing and you can't swim.
frown.gif

------------------
i like the highlife and the lowlife. it's just the bit in between i find boring.
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

I would love some hot weather here in New York State. Its been raining for three days, and its going to be in the 50-60 degree range for the next week. Not to mention more rain. This really sucks.

Originally posted by diamond:
"oh its not so bad, it's a dry heat."
There is little glib saying that they use in these parts here in the desert.
All summer here, people are famous for saying "its not the heat, its the humidity".
I often wonder, if it were 45 degrees instead of 90, yet still humid, would I be sweating?

I remember being in Vegas in July a few years back.... 115 degrees at midnight. No such thing as "dry heat" IMHO. Awful!

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
But if it makes you feel better, remember back east the broken record is, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity."

Ugh! I hate that!!!! And my dad always says that!

I usually reply, "I don't care what the heck it is, it's still HOT!"

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Diamond, dear diamond i agree w/ you 1,000,000,000% ......i know EXACTLY what your talking about, the other day it *DID* hit 100 degrees here (Tucson)we should just be able to EXECUTE anyone that says "....but its a dry heat" i say, welp, then you come live here buddy (er, and if they do live here then stick 'em in the desert for a day or two w/ maybe only a couple bottles of water and then let 'em say that!)

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks Coach P]

[This message has been edited by U2002revolution! (edited 05-16-2002).]

Originally posted by U2002revolution!:
Diamond, dear diamond i agree w/ you 1,000,000,000% ......i know EXACTLY what your talking about, the other day it *DID* hit 100 degrees here (Tucson)we should just be able to EXECUTE anyone that says "....but its a dry heat" i say, welp, then you come live here buddy (er, and if they do live here then stick 'em in the desert for a day or two w/ maybe only a couple bottles of water and then let 'em say that!)

02rev-
Glad you get it.
smile.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by Monkey79:
I remember being in Vegas in July a few years back.... 115 degrees at midnight. No such thing as "dry heat" IMHO. Awful!

ugh...I'm going to vegas in July

------------------
-Albert Einstein

Nothing but cold ass rain in IL for the past week or so. Flood warnings every time it rains. The only time it's sunny is about 8 am. It's the middle of May and the highs this weekend are going to be in the mid 50's. I could use just a little heat, anyhting dry would be good.

db, don't slap me but i got 4 words: it's a dry heat! I've felt worse in West Virgina in August with HUMIDITY, oh man it's unbearable. I love the desert weather.

Originally posted by meriphew:
I grew up in Tucson, so I know what you mean. That's why I moved to Seattle.
smile.gif

I grew up in Seattle an was there for 20 years and got so depressed with the rain and yucky weather that when it was time for college, i moved to Tempe because i didn't want to see girls in parka's or rain coats.
icon30.gif

I'm in Colorado, and while it's not NEARLY as hot as AZ or NM, it's pretty damn hot. Plus, our house doesn't have fans OR air conditioning. Plus, there's a draught. Plus, I'm going to Houston, TX in less than a month, and it's gonna be 95-125 the whole time I'm there, and it's WET HEAT!
*crawls under a rock*

------------------
This device must accept any Interference received, including Interference that may cause undesired operation.

u2er@u2email.com

Originally posted by u2er:
and it's gonna be 95-125

When has it ever been 125 in Houston? I live in Dallas and it's never been that hot here! Hottest it's been here is about 115, so hopefully I'll be used to the vegas heat!
biggrin.gif

------------------
-Albert Einstein

Originally posted by jesseu2:
db, don't slap me but i got 4 words: it's a dry heat! I've felt worse in West Virgina in August with HUMIDITY, oh man it's unbearable. I love the desert weather.

I grew up in Seattle an was there for 20 years and got so depressed with the rain and yucky weather that when it was time for college, i moved to Tempe because i didn't want to see girls in parka's or rain coats.
icon30.gif

Jesse-
Yeah we know why you moved to the hot desert.
To check out all the hotties at ASU.
Dog.
biggrin.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

oh people, people, people- I am a conoiseur of hot weather both hot and humid stuff- I was born up north in Queensland Australia where the humidity is absolutely stiffling and have lived in the bush aka: outback where it is 40c (104f) and dry and I will say that I like the dry heat better.....even where I live now most people will say this- ther is nothing worse than humid weather- I hate it, but unfortunately, here on the Sunshine Coast we get many, many humid days in summer - the dry heat is a lot more bearable for me- I would rather it be stinking hot up around 40c (by the way Christams day where I live was 42c and that was quite bearable) than a wet, sticky and humid 32c--------anyway I am jealous of you all- I love being warm- and I hate winter with a passion- already where I live it is starting to feel real cold, thankfuly we only get about one real cold month a year
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom