It's official: U2.com announcing the remaster dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why are they releasing all 3 re-issues at the same time? I don't have that much money to spend on them!

War is the one that is most urgent!

July now, huh? I guess that gives me time to save a little cash to buy all three at once. :wink:

I never, ever buy CD's anymore but I might actually have to buy this remastered copy of Boy.

'sgonna be HOT.

The B-Sides have potential I guess, but what kind of bonus material do you think is floating around for these early albums? Enough to fill a bonus disk per album?

Especially something like October which was pretty much made up as they went along…

Maybe we'll get a bunch of live tracks or something?

Each album will be released as a standard single disc, a deluxe double version including a disc of b-sides, live tracks and rarities ...

OK, start saving now.

:hyper:

Re: Re: It's official: U2.com announcing the remaster dates

BonoVoxSupastar said:

And here I thought these re-issues and Bono's AI appearance were going to delay the album... shit what will these people have to complain about now?

This is Interference - that won't be a problem.

There's lots we can complain about! :hyper: Here's one...

Why are they milking the fans with these re-issues? Don't they have enough of our money already? :hyper:

elevated_u2_fan said:

do you really think they are "milking" us with these?

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been looking forward to these re-issues for years...I've saved all my Best Buy gift cards from X-mas to buy these CDs...:applaud:

I'm really excited about these and a new album...:drool:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been looking forward to these re-issues for years...I've saved all my Best Buy gift cards from X-mas to buy these CDs...:applaud:

I'm really excited about these and a new album...:drool:

me as well...

It's not like you must buy them if you don't want them but to have all of their early stuff cleaned up and remastered is appealing to me.

elevated_u2_fan said:

me as well...

It's not like you must buy them if you don't want them but to have all of their early stuff cleaned up and remastered is appealing to me.

Yeah, I don't get all the 'money grubbers' talk about this band. Um, they're in a band on a major label, they're older than 30, they been around for nearly 30 years...what do some people expect? I guess being an 'older' fan I can appreciate this sort of release more than say a younger, more idealistic fan...:shrug:

Trust me remastering their CDs has been necessary since they first released the original albums onto CD...:yes:

I was excited about JT remaster but the DVD, which made it interesting (come on...a full show with Streets, and Phil Joanou directing or don't bother) and extra songs were a letdown for me and it was just a tad expensive. I'd prefer if they did this after they stopped making albums. Out of the other albums, I might look out for Rattle and Hum, provided it has a Lovetown DVD (or if they add some Joanou footage).

If the rumours are true, I will definitely buy Red rocks DVD.

U2girl said:
I was excited about JT remaster but the DVD, which made it interesting (come on...a full show with Streets, and Phil Joanou directing or don't bother) and extra songs were a letdown for me and it was just a tad expensive. I'd prefer if they did this after they stopped making albums. Out of the other albums, I might look out for Rattle and Hum, provided it has a Lovetown DVD (or if they add some Joanou footage).

If the rumours are true, I will definitely buy Red rocks DVD.

I can understand your thinking her U2Girl...but I don't see the harm in releasing them now...it's not like U2's going anywhere anytime soon....right...:hmm:

Just hoping that A Celebration will be on the October or War remaster.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Can`t wait to buy the remastered U2 18 Singles disc in 2012:drool::wink:

True, Reggie, but there will be plenty of time to do all this remastering after they quit making albums. And unlike Best of albums, this wasn't something they were obligated to do. For all we know, remasters of all albums so far could slow down the making of current (and future) album(s).

It has that "we're legends, OLD, and no more cared about in the fast paced industry so here's our back catalogue" vibe to it. Or, as some might say, "ca-ching".

Back
Top Bottom