iPod transfer to Windows PC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonyhotland

The Fly
Anyone knows a good and FREE software to transfer everything in your iPod to Windows-based PC? Simply in case something happens, knock on wood, with my iPod so I wouldn't have to start from scratch. I did once, and I ended up on the verge of mental breakdown :(:(

I've googled, stumbled upon some and downloaded a couple of "free" softwares but they're not completely free. They provide only free trials.

Thanks fellas :):)

Last edited:
If you mean pulling the songs from your iPod back to your hard drive, unhide all your hidden files by going to Tools > Folder Options > Show all hidden files.

Then open up your iPod in a window, and just drag all the files out. Should work now. You'll have to look around as IIRC Apple puts all the music in a crapload of folders.

Good luck.

No, not pulling them back. I want to copy whatever I have in my iPod to my PC as a back up so I'd just upload them back to my iPod in case I lost them or lost my iPod or the device broke ...

Chizip, I've downloaded EphPod, but the FAQ on its website surprisingly does not recommend the software because it "has caused too many problems, even damaged the iPod". Weird :(:(

any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom