Io: Milestones Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't mind if I do. Although it's been all red wine and GnTs lately.

Wait, actually Saturday was a 5 Mai Tai day. WooHoo!!! :happydance:

There's an old man sitting next to me... making love to his tonic and gin.

And you feel hopeless and homeless... and lost in the haze of the wine.

Excuse me, two lyrics immediately popped out at me. That being said, the magic half-way marker is somewhere around the corner! i'll probably post right over it and then come here later so no harm in coming earlier either.

There's an old man sitting next to me... making love to his tonic and gin.

And you feel hopeless and homeless... and lost in the haze of the wine.

Excuse me, two lyrics immediately popped out at me. That being said, the magic half-way marker is somewhere around the corner! i'll probably post right over it and then come here later so no harm in coming earlier either.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if the lyrics have influenced me, or if they just speak the truth about life.

I love a good drink though.

Just consolidated and updated my iTunes library. Here's a milestone:

Music: 12,317 Songs, 35.5 Days, 414.65 GB
TV Shows: 485 Shows, 9.7 Days, 338.15 GB

Phew!

Yeah I spent the summer and finally two days ago I made the milestone of EVERY SONG IN MY ITUNES BEING ID3 TAG PROPER!

With proper capitalization, punctuation, song titling, etc.

And holy hell, why is your music so large in data? Mine is 4579 songs and ~30gb.

And holy hell, why is your music so large in data? Mine is 4579 songs and ~30gb.

:lol: What the crap? That's a shitload! wow

I've 2798 songs with 15,77 gig.

The data size is because all of my CDs were imported as Lossless files (AIFFs); instead of each song being 4-8 MB, they are 20-50 MB. I have a some mp3s, WAVs, AACs, etc., but the majority are AIFFs.

The number of songs? Well, I have more than 100 versions of U2's One (official releases, live, etc.). (Yes, brainz, I know. :wink: )
And, I just have a shit ton of music. I can't have 600+ CDs on shelves, so they had to get digitized.

All in all? A milestone. :up:

Ugh, that's next. Drives me crazy.

Best way to do it - TuneUp.

I only found out about it around half way through... here's the thing about TuneUp and all programs like it. It's NOT the miracle program that they're advertised to be. Yes, it is true, they will do a great job at getting some information and it will save you an incredible amount of time for actually having to VERIFY things such as track listing and track titling. However, it does HALF-ASS a lot of things.

It will pull up each year of the song as opposed to the year of the album, which is incredibly annoying for albums like compilation albums and stuff. It will capitalize EVERY first word (such as Aerosmith "Livin' On The Edge", which drives me crazy. "Livin' on the Edge"). Granted some song titles are actually literally improperly capitalized like that...

Anyways, it's like $15 or something for a year and it will save you about a year's worth of work consolidating that time down to about 2-3 months considering your library size.

The data size is because all of my CDs were imported as Lossless files (AIFFs); instead of each song being 4-8 MB, they are 20-50 MB. I have a some mp3s, WAVs, AACs, etc., but the majority are AIFFs.

The number of songs? Well, I have more than 100 versions of U2's One (official releases, live, etc.). (Yes, brainz, I know. :wink: )
And, I just have a shit ton of music. I can't have 600+ CDs on shelves, so they had to get digitized.

All in all? A milestone. :up:

Ah, I'm not too big on bootlegs, really. Believe it or not, I only have ONE bootleg album and that's The Airborne Toxic Event's Live @ Disney... just because without it I don't have access to some of their songs considering their discography is so small at this point.

Funny though, all of my music is .mp3, .aac, or very few .wav files. I thought for a second you were a total audiophile and you swore by FLAC :lol:

You should consider copying your files into .mp3 file formats. You'd cut down on a ton of space.

I'd love to say I could help you do this as I really enjoy it... but obviously physical copying of music is on you lol.

Back
Top Bottom