IO: Kangaroos Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We dont have shrimp. Please, they're called prawns and we do not bbq them. We eat them AT bbqs sometimes, but they are bought fresh from the deli and ready to devour.

We export our Fosters to England. They are the only people stupid enough to drink that shit :wink: I think it might also be drunk in Victoria, but they send us VB (Victorian Bitter) which tastes like yak piss. No really, the most common beers here are Carlton Draught, Carlton Cold, Crown Lager and perhaps Tooheys Extra Dry.

We might say g'day, but it is so subtle and so carefully slipped in, you wont even notice we've said it. There is no flourish and emphasis. We do not drawl, we dont say it as o/s folk ask. You will more frequently hear 'g'day shagger' as a greeting, rather than g'day mate. mate is used, but only on it's own and again slipped very subtley into conversation. A mate brings you a beer back from the bar and you give a slight nod and mumble 'thnnnksmate'. Mate can be said in limited occasion with emphasis when someone does somehting outstanding. 'Thanks mate!' 'Well done, mate!' 'Cheers, mate!'.

We mumble and dont pronounce things in entirety.
:slant:

myusernamehere said:
So let me ask you Aussies...is it true you only eat "shrimp on the barbie," drink Fosters, and say "G'Day mate" at the start of every sentence?

G'day mate, prawns taste best not from the barbie but in thai chilli, lemon and coconut sauce. :drool:

G'day mate, Fosters = piss. G'day mate, truely, we don't actually drink it. G'day mate, it's just a joke we pull on tourists.

stone the bloody crows beli! take your se asian bloody influences elsewhere! we dont eat bloody prawns in no chilli sauce! get off the flamin' grass!

-mate

Well, now that this thread is completely derailed ... :wink:

To paraphrase my t-shirt "Feel the force" and "Welcome to the dark side", maaateee.

Angela Harlem said:
we want you to join still. it's fun, and all good. it's 'sweeeeet'.
:up:

hmmm... I think I can only handle one U2 related internet cult place in my life right now. No offense or anything, but I'm spending more time than I should at this one, let alone think about being at another one.

Wait, you mean that not everyone who lives in Aussieland knows each other?

This thread has really opened my eyes to other cultures. I could go to Australia and not be looked at as a tourist because I am so knowledgable on the country.

blueeyedgirl said:
Maaaate, have a Fosters! Ain't that right, Chenille?

:lmao:

I :love: youse

PS Can you email me please at belilindt (at) gmail (dot) com. I want to talk to you about something young ladies should not discuss in public.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom