Invasion on Planet PLEBA pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Meanwhile in a galaxy not too far away The boys were on a break from the music and taking a test drive in the new space ship Edge had been building the last ten years. Now he had finally finished to his satisfaction.

He had always fancied exploring space to find out, what was out there and sharing it with his best buddies, even though he still found himself arguing with Larry that his space ship was waaayyyy better than his collection of Harleys.

Bono was busy preparing welcoming friendly speeches in various forms in case they encountered any new alien life that might be interested in any of his causes it was a great opportunity he had now of not just letting the world know but the whole universe if need be, he needed all the help they could get.

Adam was tuning in to the U2 Interference channel that Edge had built into the ship’s radio, when he picked up on something strange, he ordered Bono to be quiet and for Edge and Larry to stop arguing and listen in to what he had heard, there was a lot of funny beeping noises, that caught Edge’s attention.

“That sounds like Morse code to me” he remarked with a frown and rubbing his beard thoughtfully, “let me see if I can decipher what it is saying. He went over to one of the computer systems to download the beeping noises so it could translate it.

It only took a few moments before the words came up on the screen, and they all gathered around to read it

Its not a beautiful day, and we are stuck in a moment we can’t get out of, there is no elevation, we are running to stand still, everything is out of control where the streets have no name, in the city of blinding lights. Our pride has been taken from us, and we are numb, all because of you. Sometimes we can’t make it on our own, all we want is you. We can’t live with or without you, especially without you, Love rescue us, Please.

Help us O Bono Wan Kenobi. You are our only hope

“Hey that’s neat, using our songs to write out a message like that, our fans are really clever” Edge said in admiration “except for that end bit” he added with a small frown we don’t have George Lucas writing our lyrics now do we?”

“Y’know what this means guys?” Bono spoke up looking round at the others meaningfully

“That we have universal appeal at last?” Adam piped up in response

“No it’s a cry for help, this coded message using the titles of our songs, it has to be from fans somewhere who are obviously in some sort of trouble.. they need us” he now turned to Edge can you find out the source where the message is coming from?” he demanded

“I will give it a go” Edge replied, he went over to one of the other ships consoles hmming as he pressed various buttons and controls he forgot about the others as he used his full concentration to find the source of the message.

After twenty minutes, though it seemed much longer, he checked his latest data, frowned looking a little perturbed, then scratched his head. Checked the data again, then with a troubled expression turned to his three band mates who waited expectantly

“Well if I am reading this correct and the data is also correct, I think I have figured out where the message was send from” he informed them looking a little grave.

“Where?” the other three demanded in unison.

“Well you were right Bono when you said it was our fans, only these are not your ordinary run of the mill fans, this message was sent from the Plebans”

This announcement was met by silence as they all exchanged looks.

“The Plebans? Are you sure?” Adam demanded breaking the silence at last, as if not wanting to believe it

“Yes I am afraid so, I double checked came up with the same source, this coded message is from the planet Pleba” Edge stated

“It’s a trap” Larry said suspiciously “You know how much those Plebans want us, they have sent this message to try to trap us to their planet so they can do things to our bodies, that’s why we have always avoided going there yet” he shuddered

“Nah” Bono shook his head dismissively “Yes, the Plebans are scary girls, but they are not devious and would never hurt us, I have met some of them remember. Something is happening on Planet Pleba and they need our help” he reiterated

“I think you are right” Edge agreed, “I mean look at all the words in the message they represent some negative vibes going on there, whatever is happening it is serious”

“But it’s the planet Pleba” Larry protested in horror

“Now is not the time to worry about your adulated fan phobia Larry” Adam informed him primly, “In fact I think this is a good opportunity to face those fears, and where better than overcome your phobia than being surrounded by all those females who have been lusting after you. Be a man”

“You don’t know what you are asking” Larry replied still not happy the way things were going “This is a big mistake, do you know what those girls could do to us if they got their hands on us?”

“Well I have read some of the stuff that’s come out of that planet” Bono grinned wickedly as he recalled. But then his expression became more serious.

“But none of that matters now, they have obviously asked for our help, and they have been loyal and true, we can’t abandon them to whatever has happened to them, we have to try and help.

The others with the exception of Larry nodded in agreement, but he knew he was outvoted and would have to go along with them. He was beginning to rue the day he accepted Edges offer to ride in his space ship, he should have stuck to his Harleys

“If you go on with this crazy plan you might end up regretting it” he warned ominously

“You know what your problem is Larry, you have no sense of adventure” Adam replied. Then turned to Edge, “So how do we get to the planet Pleba ?”

“Well first I think we should check on what exactly is going on there before we rush in, try and discover why they need our help” Edge replied.

“Good thinking” Bono agreed “Their message didn’t exactly give much away except they were in some sort of trouble and needed our help.

“I will try the intergalactic news channel, maybe we will find out something” Adam suggested.

They all huddled around the TV screen switching it to various channels, and feeling like they were back on the Zoo TV tour again on a grander scale, which give them an idea for their next tour, they were almost sidetracked by this new thought, which Larry encouraged, anything to take their minds of this crazy mission.

But then they heard the word Pleba which immediately caught their attention, and they listened in as the news reporter spoke.

We are getting unconfirmed reports from the Planet Pleba, that it will soon no longer be the U2 fun loving planet it was. Unofficial sources, are claiming that the planet has been invaded and taken over by the Yawneeks, whom it is rumoured, despise U2 music and want to rid the Galaxy of them and replace it with their own.

“There ya go!” Bono exclaimed triumphantly “The Plebans are in serious trouble”

He turned to Larry “Now do you believe it, they have been invaded by those damn Yawneeks, who have it in for us, that explains everything”

“I guess it does” Larry grudgingly admitted, now getting over his humiliation of being wrong he channelled his anger towards the source.

“So those Yawneeks think they can wipe us out by attacking our fans do they? well I say, lets go and kick some Alien butt” he growled

“Here, here!” Bono agreed enthusiastically

“Wait, we just can’t barge in there without a proper plan” Adam pointed out
If the Yawneeks have taken over planet Pleba and we arrive there, as soon as they realise it is us, they are going to blow us out of the sky”

“Hmm you have a point” Edge agreed rubbing his bearded chin again thoughtfully

“What we need is a cloaking device for our ship so we can arrive undetected?”

“Have you got one?” Bono enquired.

“Not yet” Edge replied “But I won’t be long whipping one up” he added gleefully
and hurriedly disappeared into his tech lab on the ship to see what he could do.

Bono watched him leave smiling proudly before turning to the others

“That’s why we love that man” he beamed, and they all nodded in agreement

Last edited:
OMG!!! The boys are coming to SAAAVVVE us!!!:applaud:

Take that ya damn Yawneeks:madwife:

good job annj:up:

I am taking all your names down for future reference in my story:wink: :evil: :lmao:

I'd volunteer to take care of Adam, should he be wounded or anything. Or if he should be cold. Or if he needs a massage. Or if... ah, well. This is great, so funny.
I love brainy Edge!:
“Not yet” Edge replied “But I won’t be long whipping one up” he added gleefully
and hurriedly disappeared into his tech lab on the ship to see what he could do.
He, he, he...

Back
Top Bottom