Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VIII: First Contact with Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gina_carano.jpg

I'd give her a split decision, if you get my meaning.

My Labor Day matinée tomorrow is either going to be Ponyo, Lorna's Silence (Dardennes) or Hirokazu's Kore-eda's Still Walking.

I'm leaning towards the last option, but it could be anyone's game.

Of course, it would be possible to do Lorna and Still Walking back to back. But I'm not sure how much mannered, deliberately paced art-house drama I'll be able to take.

I honestly think that I'll either:

1) Cut a Hole in a Box

2) Never see that film and instead just imagine what the fuck happened

3) Hope for a click gathering some year and watch it then

3 will never happen but it could be the best possible scenario for watching it.

I love the description and how things can already be "in the tradition of" Mean Girls.

I'm going to a showing of "It Might Get Loud" this afternoon.

It's a film starring Jimi Paige (the drummer from Pink Floyd), Meg White, and The Hedge (a delicately understated German guitar player for the English rock band Shuttlecock)

I ended up not doing this.

I am a gigantic failure.

Well, when was the last time a Terry Gilliam film WASN'T a mixed bag that his rabid fans drooled too heavily over? Twelve Monkeys?

I was about to say Fear and Loathing, but almost the entire section between when Del Toro leaves and Depp gets back to Vegas is a wankfest. So yeah, Twelve Monkeys.

Lance, I've officially stopped listening to the /Filmcast. Here is a man who could not take it anymore.

Pee-wee Midnight Screening this week at school, fo' FREE!

Lance, I've officially stopped listening to the /Filmcast. Here is a man who could not take it anymore.

I have purposely avoided all Inglourious Basterds discussion from them for fear of what I might find. On one of the recent After Darks though I got the distinct impression Devindra wanted to stab Adam in the throat. And that made me happy.

I have purposely avoided all Inglourious Basterds discussion from them for fear of what I might find. On one of the recent After Darks though I got the distinct impression Devindra wanted to stab Adam in the throat. And that made me happy.

They all rave about IB, and Adam said it's his favorite film of the year so far. That episode wasn't terrible or a back-breaking type of episode, but I realized that it's hard to keep up with Filmspotting, Battleship Pretension, The Treatment, and Creative Screenwriting all at the same time and had to cut the weakest link.

Even if they love a film, sometimes it's hard to listen to them talk about why. But yeah, I've been more or less sticking with the afterdarks for a while now, as they usually seem to be more entertaining anyway. Speaking of filmspotting, their Fall preview lists were ass. Especially because they didn't have their shit together at all, so far as guidelines and such. Although it did result in of my favorite moments on that show to date:

Adam: "There are no rules to Top Fives..."

Matty: "Yeah there are rules. This is not 'Nam, my friend."

I haven't gotten to that episode yet. Their preview lists usually don't do very much for me anyway.

YES!

Back
Top Bottom