Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VIII: First Contact with Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I only just now woke up, so looks like the winner is NEITHER.

I wasn't expecting to love Singin' in the Rain as much as I did, but it's so fucking charming. Seriously.

It got to my cold, cynical heart real fast.

Gene Kelly is the single most entertaining screen presence EVER.

Discuss (only if you've seen Singin' in the Rain, An American in Paris, and The Pirate).

Who has two thumbs and passes to a free advanced screening of The Informant! Monday September 14th?

:up:This guy.:up:

Thoughts on Schizoloplis? It's been hovering around the top of my queue for a while, but I haven't bitten the bullet.

Got Wild Strawberries and Do the Right Thing on my desk right now.

Jason Reitman's Up in the Air seems to be getting extremely positive responses from Telluride.

Thoughts on Schizoloplis? It's been hovering around the top of my queue for a while, but I haven't bitten the bullet.

Got Wild Strawberries and Do the Right Thing on my desk right now.

Schizopolis is a fucking riot. It seems like one big inside joke, but if you liked Full Frontal and/or Ocean's 12, you'll probably be on board. Really clever shit, you'll be surprised at how out there it is.

I'm going to a showing of "It Might Get Loud" this afternoon.

It's a film starring Jimi Paige (the drummer from Pink Floyd), Meg White, and The Hedge (a delicately understated German guitar player for the English rock band Shuttlecock)

You know what? Just out of curiosity, and partially because of the Peef Dawg's avatar, I went on the YouTubes this hungover Sunday morning and decided to watch some Bill Hicks clips. This was 2 hours ago. I haven't stopped watching and devouring these clips. The man is one of the quickest and smartest stage performers I've seen. He bleeds extreme intelligence. Shit.

His opening line when he played Letterman?

"So they've given me a TV show. It's called 'Let's Hunt and Kill Billy Ray Cyrus.'"

Brilliant.

His bits on cigarette smoking are genius as well and hit pretty close to home.

Anyway. I could go on, but I won't. I think Pryor is still my top stand-up act, but Hicks has got to be right up there on the list as well.

Schizopolis is a fucking riot. It seems like one big inside joke, but if you liked Full Frontal and/or Ocean's 12, you'll probably be on board. Really clever shit, you'll be surprised at how out there it is.

Good to hear. I haven't seen Full Frontal and deserve to give Ocean's 12 a rewatch.

You know what? Just out of curiosity, and partially because of the Peef Dawg's avatar, I went on the YouTubes this hungover Sunday morning and decided to watch some Bill Hicks clips. This was 2 hours ago. I haven't stopped watching and devouring these clips. The man is one of the quickest and smartest stage performers I've seen. He bleeds extreme intelligence. Shit.

His opening line when he played Letterman?

"So they've given me a TV show. It's called 'Let's Hunt and Kill Billy Ray Cyrus.'"

Brilliant.

His bits on cigarette smoking are genius as well and hit pretty close to home.

Anyway. I could go on, but I won't. I think Pryor is still my top stand-up act, but Hicks has got to be right up there on the list as well.

:up:

If you're interested in getting any actual albums, I'd recommend Relentless (the funniest) and Rant In E-Minor (the most political/angry/inspiring).

I think when it comes to comedy, I need to actually see the performer. See his facial expressions, how he moves on the stage, etc. I don't think I'd be very good with just a straight audio comedy album. I don't know. If there are videos of his shows I'd be down with that.

I think when it comes to comedy, I need to actually see the performer. See his facial expressions, how he moves on the stage, etc. I don't think I'd be very good with just a straight audio comedy album. I don't know. If there are videos of his shows I'd be down with that.

I'm the exact same way. Comedy albums just give me too much of a disconnect.

Back
Top Bottom