iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE 2016: Tour Rumors Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was told by a very reliable source that the U.S. leg of the tour will not happen this fall. Has been delayed until 2017. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hmm. U2Valencia says album in September, tour in US October-December.

Just checked BB&T Center calendar. Nothing the entire month of October.

Screen_Shot_2016_07_08_at_11_49_54_AM.png

That does not include florida panthers games.

Alright, now we're getting somewhere.

September 23 - Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena (iHeartRadio Music Festival)
October 5 - San Francisco, CA - Cow Palace (Dreamforce)

Well that shuts my " U2 is NEVER EVER Going to play festivals again after Glastonbury" theory right up. :lmao:

Al tough in my defense, dreamforce isn't a real "music" festival.

Are they gonna play Iheart Festival because they failed to do that Iheart Almost Acoustic christmas (or however its called) first time around?

Last edited:
Yay glad to see some dates coming i guess we can expect more over the nx wks or month

Its a waiting game for us now people..!!!!

Last edited:
Well they aren't real festivals... They're not looking to play a 2 hour set.

If there's new music great...

If there isn't new music, and they play just 5-6 songs, they should do the Dublin story from the last tour (Cedarwood Road through Until The End Of The World), complete with full tour visuals adjusted if necessary for the lack of the cage, and then cap it with Streets for an encore. To hard or go home.

Well they aren't real festivals... They're not looking to play a 2 hour set.

If there's new music great...

If there isn't new music, and they play just 5-6 songs, they should do the Dublin story from the last tour (Cedarwood Road through Until The End Of The World), complete with full tour visuals adjusted if necessary for the lack of the cage, and then cap it with Streets for an encore. To hard or go home.

You know there is no way they do that for this audience. The majority of folks in attendance at iHeart will only know a handful of radio rotation U2 songs, and that's exactly what U2 will give them.

If there's new music, they may play the lead single. Otherwise it'll be Beautiful Day, Vertigo and a few others.

Well that shuts my " U2 is NEVER EVER Going to play festivals again after Glastonbury" theory right up. :lmao:

Al tough in my defense, dreamforce isn't a real "music" festival.

Are they gonna play Iheart Festival because they failed to do that Iheart Almost Acoustic christmas (or however its called) first time around?

Neither are "real" festivals. The Radio show is not related to Almost Acoustic Christmas as that was KROQ which is not owned by I Heart Radio/Clearchannel.

I may try to win tix to this, but hell no am I paying that much money for 5 songs.

Neither are "real" festivals. The Radio show is not related to Almost Acoustic Christmas as that was KROQ which is not owned by I Heart Radio/Clearchannel.

I may try to win tix to this, but hell no am I paying that much money for 5 songs.

:lol: I agree with you so effing much. Would never pay that amount for any expo whatsoever.

Recent rumors seem to point to Australia in February, South America in March/April. So if this holds true, tickets would likely go onsale around the September/October timeframe. My feeling is that once we get through August, the puzzle will start piecing together in September.

One more thing, for those who think tickets need to be on sale 6 months before the first show, check this out. Fall leg of Elevation announced Sept 10, tickets onsale Sept 15th, leg began Oct 10th in South Bend (a show I was at). I also forget that everything after the Las Vegas show was announced later. They wrestled with the idea of going to Australia in late November/December of 2001, before they cancelled it and added the last 8 shows in the US, from Sacramento onward.

U2 Announce Elevation Tour's Fall Itinerary - MTV

Obviously I do not expect U2 to do this now; in fact it would surprise the hell out of me. Just showing that it is possible, and has happened.

The only rumor regarding stadiums vs arenas is that they're probably going to be playing stadiums in South America and Mexico. Otherwise, who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom