I'm torn...should I or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should I buy Hot Fuss?

• Yep

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
This thread is bound to get a bit nasty, considering all the strong feelings about The Killers on this board. But I will say this. Music is a matter of personal preference. Those who like the style of music The Killers offer really seem to enjoy this album. Those who don't like their style seem to absolutely hate any and all of their songs. So...if you have liked what you've heard by The Killers, by all means, get the album. You'll probably enjoy it. But if you aren't familiar with their music and don't know whether you like them or not, I'd wait until you know more about them. They might just end up rubbing you the wrong way, as they do to so many music fans around here.

yes, and also buy Hopes & Fears by Keane and don't forget... Oasis is releasing an album soon!

I adore this album. After I bought it and gave it a listen, I was kicking myself for having not bought it sooner! I have never gotten tired of it. I think I've only grown to like it even more.

I'm swaying toward buying it so voted yes. With each new single and fantastic live review (including one from Steve Lillywhite in the new Q) the band gets, The Killers prove to me maybe this is more than a flash in the pan. My interest is definitely piqued and I wouldn't mind if U2 asked the band to open on the third leg.

yuck, oasis, keane, AND the killers all mentioned in one thread??

seriously, don't buy the album unless you promise me you'll never complain about being short of money for anything else in your life.

buy the new chemical brothers or something, i dunno, try something different.

No, they only have 2 good songs on the album, and they are not the singles that have been released yet.

What sort of music are you in to? What were the last few albums that you bought that you like?

Of this 'new wave' genre I wouldn't reccommend this until you have Snow Patrol's Final Straw. I could reccommend a couple of others too.
(Original poster only) If you want a couple of samples from Hot Fuss, send me an email at rodgerdavies at gmail dot com and I'll see what I can do. You'll have to do it by tonight though.

(Plus it irritates me how many people see Mr Brightside as a happy song, it depresses me like hell)

Voted yes. It reminds me of Anything off of The Cure's Wish album and has some definite Flock of Seagulls in there as well.:up:

I remember picking the Killers record up such a long time ago. I had read a very small article in NME about them, and thought why not check it out, as I usually buy random CD's all the time. I remember going into a circuit city, and asking for it. I couldnt find it anywhere, the lady working there looked at me so oddly when she was entering "The Killers" into the system. I felt like it was wrong to buy or something haha. However mixed in with a bunch of "K" CD's they had a copy. At first listen, I was so into the band. I loved the disc, and it kept in constant rotation for such a while. Firstly I thought they were English, so I was dissapointed to find out they were from Vegas, and as soon as Brandon Flowers started speaking, and the image of the band came out I started to not like them. I guess image really does a lot for a band. I still dig the music, but I don't know I guess the image just left me with a sour taste on them. Anyway, sorry to ramble, just felt like sharing. I would pick it up. What do you have to lose. Don't listen to people, people form opinions for their own taste. The only way to truly enjoy music, is to embrace it as your own. Make it something to enhance your world, not letting someones preset vision on something interfere with your experience.

I say go for it.............yo. I bought the damn album since the day it was released last year, and up to this day, I'm still enjoying this album to death.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom