If you're the praying kind ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarlet october

Acrobat
I need some prayer about me and my girlfriend. Everything has been going good. She's just really stressed out this week, and kind of brushed me off when I wanted to see her today.

I'm not sure what's wrong. We need prayer ... thanks.

No prob, don't sweat it! No one blows off their boyfriend more than I do, hehe, I'm terrible. :reject: She probably doesn't mean anything by it. Speaking for myself, it's a very busy time in the semester (even worse than right before exams) and most nights I'm either exhausted from working or working on projects all day, or I have way too much to get done to even make 5 minutes with my boyfriend meaningful.

Thanks. It's not really school related ... it's more of a visiting her home town thing and just got back. She said she wished she would have stayed there ...:( I wanted to see her today, and she said it wouldn't be a good idea. I won't go in to much more but yeah ... I feel like I'm not important.

scarlet october said:
Thanks. It's not really school related ... it's more of a visiting her home town thing and just got back. She said she wished she would have stayed there ...:( I wanted to see her today, and she said it wouldn't be a good idea. I won't go in to much more but yeah ... I feel like I'm not important.

Don't feel like you aren't important. I know I don't know your whole situation, but I sometimes feel like my boyfriend thinks that. I moved down by him earlier this year and left behind my dad. I also get very lonely for my hometown (I left there over 5 years ago). There are times that I cry about it. I also cry every time my dad leaves after he visits...and I cry whenever I leave after visiting my dad for a weekend. Sometimes, it makes my boyfriend feel like I hate it here and that I wish I'd never moved here. It's not true though. I love him, and I don't regret what I did for a second...but it doesn't change the fact that I do miss the other places and people in my life and find myself truly longing for them at times.

Well, I can see how relationships can be that way. good luck...

I hope you can excuse my initial aloofness... I believe that comes from my own experiences, considering what a prayer would do. Maybe I should reconsider......

Last edited:
Thanks for the prayers guys. I talked to her sister today, she said she's been distant to her family. Just a bad week I guess.

Bonochick said:

Don't feel like you aren't important. I know I don't know your whole situation, but I sometimes feel like my boyfriend thinks that. I moved down by him earlier this year and left behind my dad. I also get very lonely for my hometown (I left there over 5 years ago). There are times that I cry about it. I also cry every time my dad leaves after he visits...and I cry whenever I leave after visiting my dad for a weekend. Sometimes, it makes my boyfriend feel like I hate it here and that I wish I'd never moved here. It's not true though. I love him, and I don't regret what I did for a second...but it doesn't change the fact that I do miss the other places and people in my life and find myself truly longing for them at times.

what a lovely post!!

As regards what you said, scalter october -- I don't think you should worry. I have moments I need to stay alone and I don't want others to see me. They pass and then I go on being myself as usual.
but sometimes you need to be left alone, dealing with nostalgy or what else.

We broke up ... she decided it would be best. She's confused with things right now, she said she doesn't need a realtionship right now. :(

scarlet october said:
We broke up ... she decided it would be best. She's confused with things right now, she said she doesn't need a realtionship right now. :(

If she is sincere, and not just blowing you off, then I think she's doing a good thing. That's what people should do when they are confused, in my opinion - figure themselves out......

She didn't give me an excuse for wanting to break up. She's been acting mean toward her whole family. Oh well, time will heal all wounds.

Hang in there. I've been in your shoes. You just have to realize it's out of your hands. It sounds like something she's going through. Take care of yourself. I'm praying for the both of you.

Keep praying yourself!!:up:

Back
Top Bottom