"I want to go and kill myself now."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tackleberry said:

Yes. I understand that he was being humble, and he was not actually poking fun at suicide with his comment. My question is why use suicide as a metaphor to be joking? What's so darn funny?

:shrug:
I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with that he also said he didn't want U2 to be in any Hall of fame until they're either dead or retired.

Dark/sarcastic humor, I guess.

I'm not sure about that comment i mean it does seem strange for Bono to say something that could seem to sound sick like that but then again, he is an honest, straight up guy who always speaks his mind, doesn't he? The other thing i keep thinking while reading about the hall of fame is when he's dead :sad: i don't even want to think about that i hope he's here for at least another 44 years please!:yes: Anyway, whatever Bono thinks about this award i am still pleased that they get any POSITIVE recognition. I love that U2 are here, there and everywhere. I mean i know that he has said that he's sick of seeing himself but i sure love to see him as much as possible i never tire of the sight of him :sexywink: oops, i think i'm getting into PLEBA territory here!

Back
Top Bottom