i need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
update #4: some good news definately some bad.

well...i told my parents and at first my dad was quite a bit upset but he has now gotten over it and supports my decision....and without one screaming match...i'm impressed. :up:

bad news...now my bf has unfortunately backtracked his position on the whole thing and says that if i go he won't wait for me. i can't believe this...i'm still in shock. after 5 f#$%ing years he can't support my decision and even lied about doing so. I'M SO MAD!!!!!! now he's acting like nothing happened and wondering why i'm so cool toward him. he says that he wouldn't be looking for anything to happen with someone else but if it did....well we'll see. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! it might be because he ( as well as a few of my friends) think i won't come back to halifax. i don't know what will happen over the next year so i can't make him any promises. but he has said all along cause i wanted to move somewhere else (not necessarily toronto) that i could move, get settled with a place and a career and then he would follow me. but i guess he lied about that too.

i don't know what's going to happen now. i'm absolutely not backing down on going. this situation proves to me that maybe he's not the one for me. i gotta do a lot of thinking about a lot of stuff now.

:ohmy:

:hug: I applaud your decision and am glad you are doing things for YOURSELF. I'm sorry that your boyfriend isn't being more supportive or even understanding/compromising on the issue (arranging visits, suggesting places he'd like to maybe live in etc). It sounds like he doesn't want to leave at all, and it's his way or the highway. :down:

Stick to your guns girl. You have the world at your feet. :up:

Sweet Tart said:

i'm absolutely not backing down on going. this situation proves to me that maybe he's not the one for me. i

Those 2 sentences speak volumes...maybe its time you started a new life as a single woman :shrug:

I just got back from a short visit to Toronto and I absolutely LOVED it. Definately hook up with GTA group...they are the some of the nicest people you will ever meet and have the added bonus of being U2 fans!

Good luck :wave:

update #5

my bf's support for my decision changes on a daily basis. it's driving me F#$%ing insane. one minute he says that he won't wait for me but when i get pissed about it and ask why he's dumping me he looks confused and wonders what i'm talking about cause he says he's not dumping me when i go away.

am i going crazy cause that's what i read into "i'm not waiting for you and if anyone asks i'm going to tell them i'm SINGLE!" is me being dumped.

i'm going to kill him or at least hurt him serverly if he doesn't stop with these mind games. it really doesn't need to be this difficult but he has to make it that way. my friend thinks that it's a last minute guilt trip to forcce me to stay. i not sure about that one.

now i'm going to florida with him next week and i don't even want to go (even though i wanted to go there since i was a child). i keep thinking that my days with him as my bf are numbered (whether they truely are or not) and i can't seem to enjoy being around him at all. i am cranky at him all the time and i dont' want our last few weeks together for a while to be like this.

i'm at the point where i can't wait to get out of here so things will be easier. :sigh:

oliveu2cm said:
:ohmy:

:hug: I applaud your decision and am glad you are doing things for YOURSELF. I'm sorry that your boyfriend isn't being more supportive or even understanding/compromising on the issue (arranging visits, suggesting places he'd like to maybe live in etc). It sounds like he doesn't want to leave at all, and it's his way or the highway. :down:

Stick to your guns girl. You have the world at your feet. :up:

:yes::up:

i wish i could but non-refundable tickets are standing in my way. i guess i'm just going to have to make the best of it. :shrug:

update #6 and final....

i got back from florida and had a really good time. this is just a quick note cause i'm in the process of packing and i'm leaving on thrusday for toronto.

thanks for all your advice...it really helped me out. unfortunately i won't be around here very much for a while cause my computer isn't getting shipped up for a while and the friend that i'm staying with doesn't have the internet. i'll pop in on occassion to see how everyone is doing though and i'll definately be on a lot more when U2 start up with everything this winter/spring....gotta keep on the news somehow. :lol:

so take care and i'll see you guys soon. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom