I have a theory! - remix/dance album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My post was not directed at you, or any individual in particular. However, by inferring that my comment is "arrogantly toolish", you have technically committed a personal insult upon me. BVS, I have already requested that you do not respond to my posts. Your behaviour toward me is bordering on harassment/bullying. If you do this once more, I shall report you to the mods. I am requesting for the final time that you ignore me.

you are a tool

I actually liked the intro...reminded me of Boards of Canada...wish the whole song was ambient...and just instrumental.

My post was not directed at you, or any individual in particular. However, by inferring that my comment is "arrogantly toolish", you have technically committed a personal insult upon me. BVS, I have already requested that you do not respond to my posts. Your behaviour toward me is bordering on harassment/bullying. If you do this once more, I shall report you to the mods. I am requesting for the final time that you ignore me.

Yea! I'm not the only one who thinks he's an a**. :up:

Guys, lemonfly was clearly trying to start a healthy debate on whether or not this forum is overrun with "sheeple". No need for anyone to feel personally slighted, isn't that right lemonfly?

:rolleyes:

I lol'd.

Does anyone remember an article around the time of Zooropa where Bono goes off on Primal Scream? Am I remembering this right?

Wasn't it because Loaded beat Achtung to the Mercury Prize, he complained about them being skinny:-}

i love loaded, but it's no Achtung.

I actually think that "Magnificent" is one of those U2 songs that is so good in its studio version that the live version(s) never reached that aura that the studio version brought.

This new live version wasn't "needed", I think. It didn't bring anything particularly interesting to the version already played.

:up:

Wasn't it because Loaded beat Achtung to the Mercury Prize, he complained about them being skinny:-}

It was about them winning an award, but I remember him being much more angry... I thought he called them derivative or something, hell it's been a long time I can't remember.

I tried to google it, but pre internet articles are sometimes hard to find :wink:

Whatever it was...I gotta say that "Loaded" (after I downloaded it to a mixed CD 15 years late) was my driving and party song for a summer. Great song.

It was about them winning an award, but I remember him being much more angry... I thought he called them derivative or something, hell it's been a long time I can't remember.

I tried to google it, but pre internet articles are sometimes hard to find :wink:

I think it's in BP Fallon's book, although I do not have it right here. He basically complains about Primal Scream being derivative....

This tour is quickly becoming Dance Club City, why not just polish it off properly and pull a full Discotheque before or after Crazy and then on an unrelated note, do a proper Please before SBS, all would be killer and what's happen to our new songs????

Did we not like them enough and that's why there's no new album this year or the response was so muddled they couldn't decide which project to release, thinking all 5 were maybe a sampler of each, but they could all be from one project????

If he got pissed after losing an award to Screamadelica, he must have had a tantrum for the ages after losing to Eric Fucking Clapton at the Grammies.

An Cat Gav said:

You mean Screamadelica? Definitely not up to Achtung standards, although it was incredibly significant to the UK music scene at the tume, and it has some great stuff. Loaded is a very good song.

Dance remixes = crap music! The only passable one from the past was Oakenfolds Mysterious Ways, other than that u can stick em where the sun don't shine!

I disagree Unknown Caller improved live. It felt really flat, repetitive (with the oooh-ooohs in the beginning and the repeated chorus in the end) and Bono was probably never as annoying as on that song (bah-bah-bah-bah during the organ... :confused:)...

No Line on the Horizon, Crazy Tonight and Sexy Boots are much better live. Well, the latter two are more tolerable live.

This Magnificent remix does nothing for me, and I believe as well that the intro was by far and away the best part of that song. As for being the best bassline since Mysterious Ways... I think Adam's work on stuff like Do You Feel Loved, Mofo and Velvet Dress is much, much better.

While listening to this live remix version of Magnificent, I actually thought to myself: "You might as well have played 'Do You Feel Loved' instead guys..."

Is that where it's from? Thanks, I'll have to look it up!

it's in the BP Fallon book. he says that Primal Scream are "like the kareoke Rolling Stones on bad Ecstasy." and that "you've got to love something because it is great and not because it reminds you of something great."

:nerd:

But how would Bono know what bad Ecstasy is like if he's never taken any.....??? :wink:

I've been waiting all tour long for them to adapt the Fred Faulke Dance Remix of this song. This is as close as we'll get, I guess. I dig it. Amazing visual.s

Ditto. The Faulke one would've been interesting to see, especially if they wanted to change it up this time around. Verdict's still out on this version of Magnificent for me.

The album version is still ace though, imo.

Back
Top Bottom