I have 988 points on my Regal Crown card.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OOH THIS IS SO WEIRD i JUST HEARD OF THIS THE OTHERDAY :hyper: It's a card that they swipe when you go to the movie theater and when you get so many points you can get stuff with it

the girl I went with who had the card got a free large popcorn with her ticket

Yes, it's one point per dollar spent but they also round up (so a ticket at my regal is 7.50 and I get 8 points. Also you get point (up to 6) at the concession stand. Regal also gives out bonus points anywhere from 5 -10 on certain movies so..................I go watch the Departed I get five extra points.

I am in the 700s on my Card. But haven't spent 700 dollars.

Martha How do you watch a movie and not have soda and popcorn. Thats Sacreligious!!!

We stopped going to our normal theaters because now they're AMC and they raised the matinee price by at least $1.50. So now we go to a different theater in the burbs. Comfy leather chairs, a waiter/waitress, food and booze :drool: So I'm paying more but I'm also getting more. And children (and adults) get kicked out if they're misbehaving. Wooo! And I usually have a buy 1, get 1 admission coupon from our Entertainment book.

http://www.atriptothemovies.com

I wish my theater had something like that, I go to the movies almost every week. I'm going to suggest that they think about that.

I never buy any concessions either, it's such a total ripoff. There is a gas station mini mart right near my theater where you can buy water for 89 or 99 cents instead of three dollars. In the summer I bought the giant soda there and brought it in, no one ever says anything. If they ever did I'd say you've got to be kidding, with what I have spent on tickets here. Of course all theater profit is from concessions, not tickets.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I wish my theater had something like that, I go to the movies almost every week. I'm going to suggest that they think about that.

I never buy any concessions either, it's such a total ripoff. There is a gas station mini mart right near my theater where you can buy water for 89 or 99 cents instead of three dollars. In the summer I bought the giant soda there and brought it in, no one ever says anything. If they ever did I'd say you've got to be kidding, with what I have spent on tickets here. Of course all theater profit is from concessions, not tickets.

Yeah, once and awhile I bring stuff in but if I get free popcorn I usually get soda and it adds up to my free stuff anyhow.

And yes theater profits are from the concessions so I don't mind sneaking into see another movie I want to see if I can.n for instance, I went to see Nightmare Before Christmas and then saw the Prestige.

I checked the web site of the chain I go to, they have a program like that but only in five states.

I have always wanted to sneak into a second movie, when I used to go to two movies at a time once in a while I actually went out and paid for the second one :reject: I guess I'm too honest and too afraid of getting caught. It would be so easy to sneak in, maybe I need to do it soon. Trust me if anyone would get caught it would be me. I know it's justifying it, but I have spent so much money there that maybe I deserve it :wink:

I go to th movies often and well if possible I try and sneak into movies on the same side as the movie I paid for is, if not I just put on my coat and walk slowly over then head for the bathroom and then walk out and go where I need to go. You can also plan it out. Look at the times to see if you can sneak into a good movie after the one you watched.

At the theater, I go to a lot they are so understaffed that they probably don't care.

At my theater it would be so easy, especially matinees. Usually I go on Fridays at the last matinee and they don't even have ticket takers then-they just rip the ticket right after you buy it.

^if you do it I'll do it :)

I am painfully honest. I'll go back into target and tell them when they forget to ring me up for something :reject:

my other problem is sitting for that long. You're talking 5 hours of sitting.

I think I'm a gonna do it one day soon :wink: when there are actually two movies that I want to sit through on the same day. I used to go to two when I had too much free time or I was just upset about things and needed a long escape (I still need that)-so the sitting really didn't bug me.

I know what you mean, once at that same theater I returned too much change (it was a substantial amount) and the ticket seller told me that had never happened to her before. I figured later it would come out of her pay and that wouldn't be right, and it was just my immediate gut reaction to return it. I also found a diamond bracelet in the theater a few years back, obviously I could never keep that. I lost a ring there once and never got it back, but I think it was in the trash in the ladies room.

martha said:

5 that I can remember.

I don't sneak into movies at all. I usually go twice on weekends during the school year. Sometimes on Fridays if I'm not too tired.

If you go that often, you probably have more extra points than you realize for ones that have a contest with them if you use your card you get 10 points.

Did you go see Narnia? 10 points.

It's a pretty good rewards program. I like it better than AMCs.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I have always wanted to sneak into a second movie, when I used to go to two movies at a time once in a while I actually went out and paid for the second one :reject::
You'll feel invigorated when you do it, like a whole new world has opened up...then you'll knock off a liquor store on the way home and change your name to Bonnie, meet and fall in love with a dude named Clyde and the rest will be history. :wink:

I did this once with my buddies a long time ago, it is quite easy to do at a multiplex.

Wife and I also ended up sneaking in to see "The Perfect Storm" (for a second time, had already paid to see it on opening weekend) in Hyannis...we stopped in the theater, it was past last movie start time on a Saturday night, so we just hit the restroom, noticed no ticket takers were on duty and just strolled in to see the movie about 10 minutes after it started, and watched gratis.

Justin24 said:
Martha How do you watch a movie and not have soda and popcorn. Thats Sacreligious!!!

i dont eat or drink either. i just pay for the movie and thats it.

martha said:
I think I saw Narnia at AMC. My Moviewatcher card has almost 300 points. Two points per admission.

That is hardcore on your Moviewatcher!!!! Bravo!!

I only have around 50.

When I got my card, I lived near an AMC in Kentucky and then I moved back to L'ville and no AMC so now that I live in the DC area and AMC bought at Loews. There are a ton of AMCs so I can get my points up.

I like the fact that on Fri, Sat, and Sun if you watch a movie before noon then the movie is 5 bucks!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom