i hate my job!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are gonna want to PUNCH ME IN THE FACE for saying this, but....

At least you have a job!

Yeah, I know that is of no comfort to you whatsoever, but...yeah. I know how it can be though. Some workplaces and jobs can really suck dog biscuits.

:hug:

Yeah my job sucks too. I'm underpaid for what I do but like Bonochick says at least I've got a job.

There's been many times that i've thought about just leaving in the middle of the day because I just can't handle the stress but then I think about all the bills i've got to pay and my wedding and I stay lol

Bonochick said:
You are gonna want to PUNCH ME IN THE FACE for saying this, but....

At least you have a job!

Yeah, I know that is of no comfort to you whatsoever, but...yeah. I know how it can be though. Some workplaces and jobs can really suck dog biscuits.

:hug:

I was just about to say that! I'm out of work a week from today with no place to go. It sucks ass because I just got the job last June. It'll be my third straight year of being unemployed. I'm tired of looking for a job and applying and interviewing and all the other crap that goes along with looking for a job. :sigh:

I do know what you mean and it sucks not liking your job. Before I found out I was getting laid off I hated my job too. It's a crappy place to work and most of the people I work with are lazy snobs. On one hand I'm glad to be out of there because of all the crap but on the other I'm pissed that I'm going to be out of work again :mad:

Sweet Tart, I feel your pain! :hug:

I've recently decided I'm going to hand in my notice in 2 weeks. I haven't got another job to go to, but it's such hell here I don't care.

Plus, I've decided to go and live in Dublin in June, so I can't really commute to Nottinghamshire!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

bammo2 said:
Sweet Tart, I feel your pain! :hug:

I've recently decided I'm going to hand in my notice in 2 weeks. I haven't got another job to go to, but it's such hell here I don't care.

Plus, I've decided to go and live in Dublin in June, so I can't really commute to Nottinghamshire!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

congrats and good luck :hug:

Can you afford to support yourself for a while if you quit? I quit once with no where to go, the next week I landed another job (my current job). You can be lucky.

With all my decisions -
first consideration = financial
second consideration = mental health - am I happy? If not, change somethig.

Just my $0.02 worth

beli said:
Can you afford to support yourself for a while if you quit? I quit once with no where to go, the next week I landed another job (my current job). You can be lucky.

With all my decisions -
first consideration = financial
second consideration = mental health - am I happy? If not, change somethig.

Just my $0.02 worth

well i won't really be in a position to leave til the summer probably but i can stick it out til then....hopefully. :crazy:

I can totally relate. My job is the worst. I work in Medical Records at a radiology facility, and things have really gone to hell lately. I used to really love it there, but a new doc took over about a year ago, and he treats all of us new people like dirt. The problem is, there are not a lot of good jobs in this area, so I don't feel I have much of a choice. I guess I should quit whining, at least I'm working, and am able to put food on the table and pay the rent. I basically just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.:)

I have a very love-hate relationship with my job. I LOVE my job, I just hate doing parts of it, if that makes sense. I mean, I like my boss, all of the guys I work with, I'm gaining experience probably more valuable than my college degree, but when I'm DOING the job, sometimes it's pure torture. I work for a HelpDesk which is the department that does all of the computer support. The part that's the worse is my phone shifts. Basically, people call our line with computer problems and we try and fix it over the phone. I'm sure you can imagine what this involves: people angry at ME because I can't fix the issue over the phone, people pissed because a work order can take up to 5 business days to complete, people pissed b/c they called yesterday and sitll have the problem (like they are the ONLY person on the entire campus that has a computer....), people wanting help with programs we don't own or support.....it can be so awful. At my last evaluation my boss told me he's worried I'm going to burn out and quit b/c I show no signs of stress on the job. But basically I take vacations like spring break and Christmas break off to recover.

Last year I told my boss I was considering leaving b/c as a full time college student that pays all of my own tuition, loans, interest, internet, food, books, fun, etc my wage wasn't cutting it. But he's a good boss and got me a nice raise.

Sometimes I feel frusterated b/c I know there's higher paying jobs out there, but I don't have a car so I have no transportation. I could buy a old used car, but then I wouldn't be able to afford insurance....it's just a vicious cycle of people demanding your money...

This is why I think that, in the long term, the American economy is unstable. It is true; there are lots and lots people demanding more and more of your money, and it is difficult to find a job that takes care of it adequately. So, in the meantime, we have lots of personal debt, but there is going to be a moment where we will no longer afford the debt payments...

Melon

melon said:
This is why I think that, in the long term, the American economy is unstable. It is true; there are lots and lots people demanding more and more of your money, and it is difficult to find a job that takes care of it adequately. So, in the meantime, we have lots of personal debt, but there is going to be a moment where we will no longer afford the debt payments...

Melon

unfortunately I agree and feel like my life is right now just a continuous jog towards a cliff......

My job sucks donkey balls. I'm getting my resume together RIGHT NOW. Going to start networking this week. :mad:

Sidenote: You know you are really living in the 2004 corporate world when you have 4 different company names for one job. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

:angry:

:yes: Liv..i can kinda relate! After being unemployed for 5 months..i was offered this Temp. job at school..in the cafeteria. I work part-time, and attend school part-time as a Culinary managerment major. I am on financial aid to go to school and this job is convient for me cuz it's at the same place..i too, ride the bus. When I started this job, my co-workers decided it was their job to get rid of all the temps. that came along..i was the 8th in 2 months!! I love my Boss-hey, your's seems like a Real blessing! Anyway, best boss i ever worked for..but my co-workers created such a hostile work environment for me ..a Prep-cook, and the cook..that we both want to just leave! And we both had started this job with such enthuiasum..ya know? Well...what goes around, comes around..know what I mean? company decided to give us all Questionares to tell them what we think....boy, Did we Ever!! What a difference a Day makes.....and, a Questionare!! lol!! It's hard to work, ya know..with all these lips stuck to your backside!! lol! and it was like a ton of pressure was lifted off my shoulders, I was not the one trying to carry 'the Team' and all the work by myself!! But it's too little, too late...they have made a good Company's name Mudd in the street! And the cook and I are going into business together! So..hang in there(I for one say God Bless u all at the help desk!! lol! :wink: Remember..Success is the Best revenge!!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom