I got on "Boots" this morning! (Single review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
am i the only one who still thinks that "get on your boots" is a terrible song title?

nope haha....I never liked Sexy Boots and I never liked Get Your Boots On, and I don't like Get On Your Boots....it's just all a bit lame to me :shrug:

having said that, I don't think it's like through the roof shitty...hopefully the song is awesome and "Get On Your Boots" becomes as natural as "The Fly" :)

(although The Fly is a much easier song title to get used to I think)

^ I don't love it or hate it. I am intriguied by it, and I think everyone needs to hear the song firts (and also probably in context with the rest of the album too).

they have heaps of wierd titles. It will be really natural aft er a month or two.

Miracel Drug didn't sit well with me, but I love it now. God Pt 2 is the same. Hawkmoon 269

they have heaps of wierd titles. It will be really natural aft er a month or two.

Miracel Drug didn't sit well with me, but I love it now. God Pt 2 is the same. Hawkmoon 269

yeah, I think you're right :up:

one thing I really do like is the acronym....GOYB...it just...works :giggle:

don't get me wrong... if the song is good i'll like it no matter what it's called.

maybe it's just my adverse reaction to people who see a song title and go "ohhhhh i can't wait to hear that one it's gonna be greeeeeeeat" when, in reality, how the F do they know if it's gonna be great or not based on a title?

oh and acronyms are for shit... it's a short damn title, write it out.

looks like we're all waiting for a mexican bean.

image_goyalogopressroom.gif

oh boya.

GOYB... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Now look what you made me do! I drooled all over the keyboard... now the backspace isn't working... :angry:

don't get me wrong... if the song is good i'll like it no matter what it's called.

maybe it's just my adverse reaction to people who see a song title and go "ohhhhh i can't wait to hear that one it's gonna be greeeeeeeat" when, in reality, how the F do they know if it's gonna be great or not based on a title?

oh and acronyms are for shit... it's a short damn title, write it out.

looks like we're all waiting for a mexican bean.

image_goyalogopressroom.gif

oh boya.

GOYA: Get On Your Ascot

that's a great song title :D

Good. I don't want the competition for U2 tickets by bellweather fans who like crap like Vertigo.

So people who dare to like Vertigo are not allowed to go to a U2 concert? :hmm: Interesting. Do you think only "real hardcore fans" can fill the stadiums and arenas U2 will be playing in? How about getting down from the high horse right now?

The single will leak "soon"? Yes, on MONDAY.

Various people have been saying that for weeks now.

Come on, it's almost Thursday, and do we have a leak? No.

If it "leaks" on Sunday, it won't even be a leak because it's too close to the official release date.

I think they are keeping things extremely secret this time and I'm fine with that. Monday is only a few days away.

I KNOW one thing for sure now: lots of people on these forums will be excited about the sound if my source is correct(and he normally is) and there will be people who are not such a big fan who will think it is okay or bleh. This is NOT like Vertigo. I still believe it will leak on saturday though

So people who dare to like Vertigo are not allowed to go to a U2 concert? :hmm: Interesting. Do you think only "real hardcore fans" can fill the stadiums and arenas U2 will be playing in? How about getting down from the high horse right now?

I believe it was YOU who wrote a couple of weeks ago responding to someone who didnt like the newer U2 albums and stated that he would buy a ticket to go to a great concert:"I hope you won't go to the concert so that a REAL fan can get in.

:huh:

I KNOW one thing for sure now: lots of people on these forums will be excited about the sound if my source is correct(and he normally is) and there will be people who are not such a big fan who will think it is okay or bleh. This is NOT like Vertigo. I still believe it will leak on saturday though

Sounds good to me ... i want to hear it .. NOW!

do we care what not so big u2 fans think of the song. I just want to hear those tunes and I wil judge what i think of it / if I like the direction ...

it's a musical journey, right.

leak song .. leak! :hyper:

do we care what not so big u2 fans think of the song. I just want to hear those tunes and I wil judge what i think of it / if I like the direction ...

I don't care at all actually. It was just to give an indication(if possible without too much knowledge at the moment because a certain person "refuses" to call back :angry:) about the song. I still don't know that much and I want to:drool:

Nope! All I care about is what I think of the song, everyone else can hate it for all I care! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom