I am going to Ireland! I need help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SJ

Refugee
Hi everyone.....
I can hardly contain myself as my 15 year old dream may come through in November of this year. My cousin (who I got to love to U2 like me) and her parents just invited me to travel to Dublin in November with them.....OH MY GOD!!!! I too will finally be able to do the U2 tour, and I can hardly wait!!!!
None of us have ever been, and I have tried researching for places to stay and I just keep getting more and more confused.
Does anyone have any advice for me, best places to stay, which area is best, etc? Any websites that will help me out?
We are looking to go as affordable as possible, ofcourse, but we want to be in the center of everything and walking distance to restaurants, pubs, etc.
I have so many questions, can anyone give me some ideas???
I appreciate any help!!!
~Marisa
U2SJ:

Bono isn't going to be there in November:( He said in the video interview posted on EYKIW he would be living in the US until Christmas. I think he's going to be working with DATA :up: If you're looking for Bono maybe you could try another time. If you don't care about meeting Bono (you already have one kiss;)) then go anyway!

The thread containing the link to the video

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64877

Last edited:
NO!! NO!!! Are you serious, U2kitten??? Well, that would be ok though anyways, since I guess there is never a "meet Bono guarantee" at any time of the year.... we can still see all the U2 sites, and you never know, maybe he will change his plans!!!
What about the kids, don't they go to school in the winter-time?
BONO MUST BE IN DUBLIN IN NOVEMBER! What about the new album, aren't they in the studios??? arghhh.
Its ok though, really :no:
But just curious, where is that interview?!?!?!?!

see, I was so shocked by your response that I didn't see the link!
yep, that is what is sais, huh ......
damnit!

U2Kitten said:
Bono isn't going to be there in November:( He said in the video interview posted on EYKIW he would be living in the US until Christmas. I think he's going to be working with DATA :up: If you're looking for Bono maybe you could try another time. If you don't care about meeting Bono (you already have one kiss;)) then go anyway!

The thread containing the link to the video

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64877

Yep, this is true :( Anyway, there are lot of things to do in Dublin, U2 and non U2 related :yes:

erm...a kiss from Bono? :sexywink:

I'm going to the UK/Ireland next week. You can email me if you'd like, and I can fill you in on what I plan to see!

Hi there, I've been to Dublin a few times over the past year and would be happy to help you! I hadn't been to Ireland since 1993...things have sure changed since then! Anyway I did lots of research for my trips so maybe I can help you or at least try! I will send you a PM with my info.

Thanks for the pm's and help guys!
Has anyone ever stayed at the Court Hotel on Killeney Bay?
How about the Parliament Hotel in Dublin? Is that a good location?
thanks!

The Regency Parliament, u mean? That's a good one, Temple Bar... that's quite central-located :) I don't know about the Court Hotel, well I know, that it's a nice hotel and Killiney is beautiful, but the DART is a pain in the arse, and nothing else would take you up to Killiney, unless you wanted to pay for a taxi fare of E25-30 every night you go out. ... Breath-taking view tho... and Bono's house is like 2 mins away from there.

front.gif

That's the hotel view... See that little white spot on the hill? :yes:

I've listened to that interview several times and what I hear is that he will be working on these issues until Christmas, not necessarily that he will be living in the U.S.

Wait a minute ladies...I am going to be using the DART while in Dublin because I'm staying in Dun Laoghaire. Why is it so bad? I've only heard it was a good thing. Please help me!

eeee!

I was in Ireland in June and we stayed a few days in Dublin City at the Bridge House B&B. It is in Temple Bar, and within walking distance to a lot of stuff (it's a bit of a long walk to the studio and the wall, but you won't notice.) The Bridge House is really neat and not incredibly expensive...the people that work there are so nice (as they are all over the place), and there's a really safe feeling.

Anyway, Temple Bar is fantastic...stay someplace near there.

The Court Hotel......!!!!!!! We stayed there for one night. It was our luxury night (it's kind of expensive), and we could see Bono's house from our window. The beach there is just unbelievable...

Oh, and I loved riding the DART....of course, I live in a city where public transportation is lacking. Anyway, I loved getting on the DART and just riding it a ways...I thought it was really easy to understand...much better than the Tube in London.

If you have extra time and money, take the "Wild Wicklow Bus Tour." It takes you up in the Wicklow mountains (duh) with a couple of stops at pubs and shops...and it's so much fun!!!!

Oh, and even if Bono isn't planning on being there during that time, there's 3 more members of the band that you could see. When we were there, Bono was in Africa, but we still managed to see the other 3.

Have fun!

Jessica

DART rocks!

U2SJ,

I've only just come back from visiting Ireland. I spent most of my time in Dublin and back and forth on the DART. I must tell you, I thought it was a GREAT means of tranportation. CHEAP and mostly on time !! It stops in Dalkey and Killiney amongst other favorite places. It runs mostly up till 11:30 or later certain nights so no worries there.

I stayed in Temple Bar and also in Lower Gardiner ( city centre) so feel free to PM me and I can give you lots of details...

You will have a great time in Dublin, but try to see other parts of Dublin's environs and also the countryside if you have the time!! Irish rail takes you most anywhere!

julie
:yes:

ramblin rose said:
I've listened to that interview several times and what I hear is that he will be working on these issues until Christmas, not necessarily that he will be living in the U.S.

Thanks for making me feel better! i am hoping that he will be in and out of Ireland!!! He should know I am coming and be there ;)I must admit U2kitten kinda freaked me and my cousin out when we first saw no Bono in November!!!!!!

You girls are great, I knew I could count on you for advice!!! Thanks for all the great advice, now I am even more excited!
The Court actually offered me 80.00 a night travel agent rate....so I think I will definitely stay there a night or 2... and now that I saw the view! That is awesome!!!
When I get home from work tonite I will check out the b&b's you guys recommended, and then pm you with more questions...
Thanks again~ It's fun to get advice from people that have been there!

Mrs.Clayton said:
Wait a minute ladies...I am going to be using the DART while in Dublin because I'm staying in Dun Laoghaire. Why is it so bad? I've only heard it was a good thing. Please help me!

The problem is that they are working in the rail right now, and it's so damn slooooow sometimes :huh:

BONOPOP said:

The problem is that they are working in the rail right now, and it's so damn slooooow sometimes :huh:

Noooooo......:banghead: :angry: :banghead:
Why does this stuff always happen when I go on vacation.
Do the trains still run on a semi-regular schedule?

Mrs.Clayton said:

Noooooo......:banghead: :angry: :banghead:
Why does this stuff always happen when I go on vacation.
Do the trains still run on a semi-regular schedule?

Anyway, don't worry. Dun Laoghaire is not far from the city. I take the DART everyday, and it's not so terrible ;)

Hi U2SJ! It's so great you're coming to Dublin! Temple Bar is a great place to stay, the center of the center, and very cool! You can find lots of nice places to stay around and also pay a visit to the Clarence! Of course, if you like to do it.....:sexywink:

BonoVelvet said:
Hi U2SJ! It's so great you're coming to Dublin! Temple Bar is a great place to stay, the center of the center, and very cool! You can find lots of nice places to stay around and also pay a visit to the Clarence! Of course, if you like to do it.....:sexywink:

The Clarence? What is that? :scratch:

:sexywink:

YES! I know ALL about the Clarence! We are gonna splurge and do a night there!
So, Mrs. Jessica you got to see all the boys (- Bono) at the studio? cool!! I will definitely check out that wild tour, sounds like fun!
CatCubh- the hotel on Expedia just sais "Parliament" but I am gonna research and see if its the same one! It looks pretty decent, and its only like 80.00 a night for 2 people in room...is that about right for that area?

U2SJ said:
So, Mrs. Jessica you got to see all the boys (- Bono) at the studio? cool!! I will definitely check out that wild tour, sounds like fun!

Well, Adam was the only one that I talked to for any amount of time. Edge was leaving when I saw him, and he was on his cell phone. He gave a very nice smile, but drove on his way. Larry was arriving at the studio, and gave a wave, but no Larry action was to be had that day. Adam drove into the garage and for a minute I didn't think was going to come out, but less than a minute later he came out of the studio <sigh>. We talked for a bit about silly things like how recording was going and whether there would be a significant amount of bass in the new songs. He said "You just have to turn up the dial on your sterio." We told him how much we liked his red camouflage pants and told him that there was a secret society of admirers of his pants. He laughed.

Attachments

• jessica_adam1.jpg
    jessica_adam1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 27
Awesome story and I :heart: that pic! You look so happy, its great!
So about what time would you hang out at the studios, am...pm?

Mrs.Clayton said:

No worries, babe! I recommend the 46A (bus). It actually has the best service in Dublin, goes every 10-15 mins, 5 mins in rush hours. And it takes you all the way to Dun Laoghaire. Also, there's the NiteLink, 46N, no service on Sundays, but from Mon-Wed there's one at 00.30 and 2 am, and from Thur-Sat there's one in every 15 min from 00.30 til 4 am. I live in Stillorgan, that's like 10 mins from DLaoghaire and I'm on the same bus ;)

Last edited:
U2SJ1 said:

When I get home from work tonite I will check out the b&b's you guys recommended, and then pm you with more questions...

Also try Isaacs, it's budget accomodation, but has really nice single and double rooms with shared bathrooms. And there's a BBQ every night for like E5. It's near Busaras (Bus terminus) Abbey Street/Gardiner Street... City centre is like 5 mins from there.

U2SJ said:
Awesome story and I :heart: that pic! You look so happy, its great!
So about what time would you hang out at the studios, am...pm?

We were there one night at about 8:00, just in time to see Edge and Adam both leaving. The next day we came back at about 3:00, Edge had already arrived, and Larry arrived soon...Adam arrived at 4:00 (what? I have it written in my travel journal). Anyway, have fun there....I wish I could go back. I think about Ireland every day.

Mrs the Jessica 2u

I just wanted to say....

I'm so jealous.....of anyone who's been , who's going , who lives in Dublin....just had to get that off my chest...:dance: :dance: carry on ....

Back
Top Bottom