Hung, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You wouldn't have had school today either if you were in Canterbury!

... you might not have your home in full working order if you're in Canterbury though.

You missed the whole massive earthquake thing on the weekend?

Oh wait, I think I made a mistake ...

Canterbury is in NZ?
*usually geographical nerd*

Canterbury is the most populous region of the South Island, Christchurch being its major city. The Canterbury Plains are the largest area of flat land in New Zealand, though inland Canterbury rises very quickly into the Southern Alps.

Right, bedtime. :wave:

I swear there was a Canterbury in Sydney ... So the Bulldogs from the NRL are really from NZ?

You say that as if poor students can afford things like cars and petrol in the first place!

Ah, a student who is merely poor may be able to run a shitbox. Impoverished and/or starving students are the ones who can't.

You can play a game in any university's car park, sorting the cars therein into one of three categories: Student, Working Student, and Parents Richer Than God.

There can be more than one country that can claim a town name ;)

The NRL Bulldogs are from Sydney. At least as far as I'm Aware.

Correct. Both the New Zealand region and the Sydney suburb are in turn named after Canterbury, England.

Much like half the place names here, really. Melbourne, Derbyshire springs to mind.

And, funnily enough, one in Canterbury, New Zealand! Right near the earthquake's epicentre.

A Springfield? :lmao: Thats golden!

What do we think the chance that Melb III will be announced today. Obviously if the second gig sells quickly, I Think it could go up at 10am today....not sold Perth will get three shows. So I don't think we'll have to go through another presale cycle if there is a third gig in Melbourne.

I too am wondering if they'll spring Melbourne III on us like they sprung Perth II - it's part of why I made sure I came downstairs in time for the sale. On the other hand, they may wait a couple of days like last week and then announce it with a few days to try to boost publicity.

Definitely not convinced Perth'll get a third gig. Want them to, but ...

I wish it was as easy to tell how much a gig has sold on Ticketmaster as it is on Ticketek.

Worried that I can still grab a GA now.

Will be interesting to compare Melbourne's rate of sales to the other two cities when they go live later.

I wish it was as easy to tell how much a gig has sold on Ticketmaster as it is on Ticketek.

THIS.

I just brought up 4 GAs for Melb II with no worries (via "tations mousids", wtf?).

Needn't have worried about a ticket for this gig, it seems!

By the way, I got Perth II tickets in the post yesterday, but no others yet. Seems they're sending out general sale tickets before pre-sale...

Live Nation seems to think today's rate of sale is "flying" even if we don't, so as long as they reckon it goes well, let's hope that's good enough for a third gig. What do we care if the third gig's attended by just a couple of hundred diehards? :wink:

I'm starting to actually close in on the 123,456 ... :uhoh:

Live Nation seems to think today's rate of sale is "flying" even if we don't, so as long as they reckon it goes well, let's hope that's good enough for a third gig. What do we care if the third gig's attended by just a couple of hundred diehards? :wink:

Maybe then we could finally convince them to play all those rarities that would give Average Joe Public a complete mindfuck... :hyper:

Yay, Vlad, I opened up the thread and your post count was 12,345. Made my day :)

:applaud:

I'm starting to actually close in on the 123,456 ... :uhoh:

Mmm, sequential.

I'm guessing Melb 3 won't be announced today, at any rate... maybe in a month's time, if at all. *L*

Or they could try to fit the Claw into Rod Laver if they don't want to try to sell enough of Etihad to make it worthwhile... :hmm:

Or put the claw OVER Rod Laver, as the case may be.

I imagine a third Melbourne show, if it happens, would get announced on Sunday, again to go in the Sunday papers. Maybe early next week. I'm not feeling greatly confident, but if they reckon sales are flying, well ... as long as THEY perceive that the market is strong enough to sustain a third show.

C'mon Vlad, go buy a ticket to help the cause. And, y'know, see U2. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom