Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:
Hey Axver, I see you're no longer premium, so I thought I'd ask you this here - the "shine like stars" at the end of WOWY, that's not counted or listed on setlists as a snippet, correct?

Not being Axver, I can't say for sure, but I think that it IS.

phillyfan26 said:
I've now officially started my DI V playlist.

Wowza. Head start? I'm gonna wait til the last minute, so I can have quite a bit more music listened to. :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Hey Axver, I see you're no longer premium, so I thought I'd ask you this here - the "shine like stars" at the end of WOWY, that's not counted or listed on setlists as a snippet, correct?

We do list it as a snippet on U2gigs, but that's just because there's no other way to note that it happened - and we list it because I like to list it. It's not truly a snippet, no. It's an original verse by Bono.

Well, this one will evolve more than mine in the past, I imagine. I intend to spend more time on it.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, this one will evolve more than mine in the past, I imagine. I intend to spend more time on it.

I spent 4 weeks on mine. Any more time and I think I would have gone bat-shit-crazy.

phillyfan26 said:
I've now officially started my DI V playlist.

Mine feels almost finished. On paper I feel like it should have more work to go, but listening to it, some stuff I wasn't sure would work actually comes together nicely and it feels like a complete listening experience.

Axver said:

We do list it as a snippet on U2gigs, but that's just because there's no other way to note that it happened - and we list it because I like to list it. It's not truly a snippet, no. It's an original verse by Bono.

Yeah, I know it's original, that's why I thought it probably wasn't.

What brought the whole thing up is, I'm getting back into U2 mode again and watching Slane and heard it, and then I got to thinking that I saw it performed at one of the shows I saw last tour (all 3rd leg), and I looked it up and can't find it. Do you know if it was done on that tour/leg, or am I imagining things?

phillyfan26 said:
I spent a total of about 45 minutes on mine. It just happened that way.

Oh wow. Every time I made a different iteration, I listened to it. There was some hard-rock stuff at the beginning, but I nixed it as it would've hurt my playlist by association with the bands I used.

Axver said:

Mine feels almost finished. On paper I feel like it should have more work to go, but listening to it, some stuff I wasn't sure would work actually comes together nicely and it feels like a complete listening experience.

So are we gonna have another one during the summer then?

the tourist said:

Oh wow. Every time I made a different iteration, I listened to it. There was some hard-rock stuff at the beginning, but I nixed it as it would've hurt my playlist by association with the bands I used.

I wrote my original copy on a piece of paper guessing transitions in a half hour. I cut three songs and added one (Rowena's Theme), and that was that. I spent more time uploading than I did making it.

And my whole concept came out of the idea that I wanted to use Birth and Death of the Day as the closer despite it not fading out. So, I said "Left Looking For More." Wrote about it, sounded OK, went with it.

VintagePunk said:

Heh. Thanks. :)

I'm so friggin' obsessed with that show this season.

I was more obsessed with it during season 2. But that's because my friends and I would get together and watch it weekly, and discuss it.

phillyfan26 said:

I wrote my original copy on a piece of paper guessing transitions in a half hour. I cut three songs and added one (Rowena's Theme), and that was that. I spent more time uploading than I did making it.

And my whole concept came out of the idea that I wanted to use Birth and Death of the Day as the closer despite it not fading out. So, I said "Left Looking For More." Wrote about it, sounded OK, went with it.

Nice. I plan on spending about the same amount of time this time on it. Even if I figure out the songs, it takes awhile to get the order right.

the tourist said:

I was more obsessed with it during season 2. But that's because my friends and I would get together and watch it weekly, and discuss it.

Actually, this is the first season I'm watching it in real time, I caught up with the entire series last summer.

Every Thurs. night after it's over, I go Lost surfing to read theories and see if there's anything I missed in the episode. Then I go into mourning the rest of the week till the next Thurs.

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, I know it's original, that's why I thought it probably wasn't.

What brought the whole thing up is, I'm getting back into U2 mode again and watching Slane and heard it, and then I got to thinking that I saw it performed at one of the shows I saw last tour (all 3rd leg), and I looked it up and can't find it. Do you know if it was done on that tour/leg, or am I imagining things?

I don't even know why we started listing it, since it's not a true snippet. But it's such a recognisable and well-loved verse that I've chosen to keep it on the site.

And you aren't imagining things! That is, if you went to 11 October 2005, New York. It was done at two Vertigo shows - that one, and 30 November 2006 in Saitama.

VintagePunk said:

Actually, this is the first season I'm watching it in real time, I caught up with the entire series last summer.

Every Thurs. night after it's over, I go Lost surfing to read theories and see if there's anything I missed in the episode. Then I go into mourning the rest of the week till the next Thurs.

I work when it's on, so I tape it and then watch it with my girlfriend. I caught up with the series midway through season 2. I love all the middle-of-the-road high-quality-low-fame actors we're getting lately.

the tourist said:

So are we gonna have another one during the summer then?

No idea when the next one will be. I'd like to perhaps wait a month or two between editions. But it seems people are eager for a fifth edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom